Do you ever wonder who it will be?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I look around my DDC sometimes, and I can't help but think that someone, at least one, is going to lose their baby. I hate that I think that though. But, with all the women on there, there's got to be at least one right? Ugh.

As worried as I am myself sometimes, deep down I know that I'm going to take Rielle home.

But what if one of those ladies in my DDC, whom I love so much, goes into pre-term labor and teh baby doesn't survive? What if there's a random accident? What if there's a stillbirth?

Why can't I just expect us ALL to bring home our babies?

((just a note, since this is pregnancy after loss, I think my brain doesn't allow me to think that any of us will))

February 20th, 2007, 03:09 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You aren't alone. I wonder the same thing, and I thought that it was just me being morbid or something. I don't wonder nearly as much as I used to. When I first joined the DDC (and when I see new DDCs) I wonder how many women will have to leave because of m/c'ing. I wish I had the same feeling of peace as you do with Rielle, though, because as worried as I am about others losing their babies, I am TERRIFIED that I will be the one not bringing the baby home.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

February 20th, 2007, 03:13 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's hard not to think like that. Especially having suffered a loss yourself. I know I'm still having trouble accepting and hoping this pregnancy will last. When I was pregnant with Liam my DDC suffered a lot of loss. Then when we were a PR a lot of women started getting pregnant again, some at 2 and 3 weeks post partum. And yet again, our PR has experienced a lot of loss--some early on, some late...every one heartbreaking. Babies dying should not be a part of life. All we can do is hope and pray for all the babies.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

February 20th, 2007, 03:45 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Once you've experienced loss and know the odds, it's hard NOT to think that way. Our DDC lost several early on and another in early 2nd trimester. Those are the ones I remember anyway. It wasn't nearly as many as the DDC I was in with my second loss. That group lost a ton first trimester and had at least one still birth or just after birth loss (not sure on the details anymore). Very sad to watch it all unfold.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
February 20th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I used to think that a lot when I was pregnant.... But our DDC was very lucky, no one lost their baby, past the 1st trimester. We had one baby born at 26w, but she is doing splendidly now! I think when youv'e experienced a loss, it IS really hard to try and remain positive & to think "everyone of us is going to take our babies home from hospital", because we know that very very sadly, that isn't always the case.....

I'm keeping ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the pregnant ladies on JM in my thoughts right now! Especially the lovely ladies here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search