30 weeks and baby wanted out...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Vickey
so they admitted me...which took forever!!!! They made me sit down in the ER for like 2 hours before they took me up to L&D. Mean while the contractions kept getting closer and closer. Finally Dh yelled at the lady at the front desk and was like " LOOK LADY you either take her up there now or at least take her back to a doc in th er!!!!!!!!"

So not two mins later I went to l&d....And guess what? They were not even full!!!!! No one was even in labor...its like they were having a party up there and didn't want to work!!!!

They ask me how I am feeling and I had to hold my tung I was so mad at them. I was in pain serious pain, I was crying and could hardly talk and answer their stupid questions! I swear does it really matter if at that point I knew what day it was? Heck no I didn't know if it was monday or tuesday at that point. I just wanted the pain and contractions to stop.

So they hook me up to the monitors....and leave me for another HOUR!!!!!!!! The contrax were coming about every 2-3 mins and were lasting a long time and painfull. The pain would start in my back and then my pelvis area would feel like it was on fire and my tummy would get rock hard. So an hour passes she comes back in and says they don't really see much activity on the monitor thingy. So she sits there with her hand on my belly to see if she can feel them...omg what do you know she does feel them. I swear they thought I was making this up. So she moves the belt thing to another place..and they started to pick them up...well duh maybe if you put things in the right place they work So I sit there another hour...and they would not give me anything for the pain except tylenol. LIKE THAT WOULD HELP!!!

I seriously thought they were going to make me sit there till I had the baby, they were not helping me at all. I asked if they had called my doc like the said they were going to...and she said no, at this point there was no need yet. Well DH had it!!! He took out his cell phone and called our doc. She just about flipped out at the hospital! (she was 3 hours away or else she would have come right in) At least she was as worried as us. So she called the hospital told them to give me a shot of Terbutaline so I got one shot in my arm..and it stung and made me all dizzy and my heart was raced. They baby's heart rate dropped to 105 and thats when the hospital finally started paying attention.

So they gave me a steriod shot for the baby's lungs. Checked my cervix and it was closed and tight....so then they started to talk about if the baby's heart rate does not go back up in 5 mins emergancy c-section was the only choice. I freaked out!!! I poked my belly and was trying to get him to move and maybe get his heart rate back up. Well just about when they were going to make the final choice to take me to the OR his heart rate shot back up and stayed there for 3 hours. So they said he was ok...but I am never aloud to have that kind of shot again.

But I was still haveing contrax...they gave me something else I don't remember what but within an hour the contrax were down to maybe 2-3 an hour and my doc was satisfied that as long as they stayed that way for a few more hours and the baby's heart rate stayed up too then I could go home. which they did so now I am back home, tierd but cna't sleep cause whatever they gave me make me all jittery and can't sit still.

So I go see my doc on the 27th...unless I feel the need to come in earlyer.

Long scary night but Im glad its over and baby is still cooking for now...he must not like it in there too much seems like he wants to get out.
February 20th, 2007, 02:47 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Vickey, I can't even imagine all the emotions you and DH went through last night. That's crazy! I'm glad DH called your doc. Hopefully things will go smoother for you now.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
February 20th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That must have been so scary. Im glad you and baby are doing ok now.

February 20th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
that must have been really stressful & scary for you - I can't believe how long it took them to see you - esp with the L&D ward not busy!

Your little guy must REALLLLLLLLY want to meet his Mummy & Daddy huh....

I'm sending lots of *stay in there another few weeks* vibes your way

February 20th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Adrienne gave me the link to the thread you posted in the military mommies forum, and I posted there too.

But all I have to say is: Tyler, STAY PUT!!

February 20th, 2007, 04:31 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
Aww I am sorry to hear your little one is trying to come out already. I am thinking of you and hopefully he will stay in there a lot longer!
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

February 20th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my...hope he stays in there longer and cooks a bit more!
February 20th, 2007, 05:23 PM
TanyaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Stay inside where it is warm little one!!!

February 21st, 2007, 05:19 AM
cassiek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry to hear about your bad time at the hospital hun. I hope that your little stays put a little longer.

February 21st, 2007, 08:45 AM
Mom2LinaNangels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh I am sorry. I had those shots with Lina and they are terrible. I hope he stays in there a lil longer to bake. Best of luck.

February 21st, 2007, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG!! what you went through is horrible and the way they treated you at the hospital is totally unacceptable! I hope the lil one stays there for few more weeks.. goodluck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search