I'm sick again

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2007, 10:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe my luck! I had a sore throat and cough 2 weeks ago. Well, on Sunday my sore throat came back and so did the cough. Then last night I was up all night because my sinus' were filled with green pglem!!! I hate this. I feel horrible and can't get any relief. Any insight. I can't seem to find anything that I can take.
February 21st, 2007, 10:39 AM
Veteran
I've had the same prob. I went to the doc and she said it is a sinus infection! On top of that I have an ear infection. Oh, I was so sick in which I was mistaking for morning sickness. I am taking z-pak which is very safe during pregnancy. I felt 100 percent after my first dose of antiobiotic, I no longer feel that sick to me stomach.
February 21st, 2007, 11:36 AM
hollypop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to hollypop
No suggestions I'm afraid Nicole but I hope you feel better ((hugs))

The current mood of hollypop:
</div>
February 21st, 2007, 11:40 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree, sounds like a sinus infection (green = infection). Call your OB and let them know. They can choose to treat it for you or send you to your regular doc. Z-pack is very safe (Z for Zithromax, I believe) and will wipe out the infection quick. Since you didn't get rid of it last time, enough of it hung around to re-infect you.

Other than that, I'm sorry you're miserable!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
February 21st, 2007, 11:48 AM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
Aww I hope you get feeling better soon!! My son has had the same thing for several weeks now, its been horrible!
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

February 21st, 2007, 12:32 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
i'm sorry to hear that, it is NO fun being sick when you are pregnant!!!!!!! I would go to your doctor & get them to give you something for it...

February 21st, 2007, 01:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I left a message with my Dr's nurse on her voice mail and I"m just waiting to hear back. I've tried everything I could think of. Gargling with salt water, Vicks vapour rub, liquids, tea with lemon and honey, rest, Vicks Vapour Plug-in at night, orange juice, etc.

I just can't believe that it came back and in full force. Grrrr!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm prone to sinus infections so I'm really praying it's not that nasty. I had such a busy week with lunches planned for tomorrow and Friday and it's looking like I might have to cancel them.
February 21st, 2007, 01:47 PM
hoping4littleone's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope you feel better soon Right before I got pregnant, I had a HORRIBLE sinus infection .. I was complaining of constant headaches, post nasal drip, everything ... My doc wasn't looking at the fact that I could have a sinus infection (which I get many every year) and he focused on the headaches. I told him they were when I woke up in the morning and he told me I could have a brain tumor!!!!!

Of course, I freaked out. I couldn't believe he said that to me!! He finally ruled it was a sinus infection, put me on a Z-pak- and it was so bad that it didn't work. I was then put on a Leva-pak and that finally worked. Oh, and then I passed out at work a week later and freaked out that it was from a brain tumor (my wonderful doctor!!). Had to go to the ER, they ran all sorts of tests and told me I was completely fine Just had a sinus infection and double ear infection. No brain tumor. Wouldn't you know .. the headaches and sinus infection cleared up.

Sorry that was long ...!!!

I couldn't imagine being pregnant and going thorugh all of that.

Thinking of you and hoping you get better soon!!!

</div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">

Born May 5, 2008

Shelby Suzanne: 7lbs,8 oz 17 3/4 inches 9:16 p.m.
Morgan Julianne: 5 lbs,8 oz 19 inches 9:17 p.m.
</div></span>
February 22nd, 2007, 09:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think that my doc putting me on the zithromax in January was the only thing that kicked my sinus infection and kept me out of the hospital (aside from the 23 hour stay after my 2nd ER visit - and that's when they finally gave me the antibiotics) I love z-pack!!

I hope you're feeling better soon!
February 22nd, 2007, 10:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, the only thing I was told I could take is a decongestant nasal spray and some tylenol. If it's not better in a day or so I'm to go see my dr. I have a feeling it's a sinus infection, so I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow and if I'm not better, I go into the office to see her.

I'm not sleeping, my phlem is more than ever and now I've got the sinus headache. Of all the times to get this...it has to be while I'm pg!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search