The update....

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2007, 05:12 AM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
The good news is I am still pregnant....the bad news is I am still spotting and the OB said she did not think that this pg would be viable due to the measurements. I guess I am measuring smaller than I should be by a few days to a week!

This was what the new OB said...I found a new one after the old one's office REFUSED to call me back! And when I went to my appt with her on Tuesday (with the old OB) she was short and unsympathetic, couldn't she have shown a little sympathy?. She acted like she didn't even know who I was! I know she sees a lot of patients, but she could have read my chart to refresh her memory couldn't she. Anyway, she said I was measuring 5-6 weeks and I was 5 1/2 weeks when I saw her, but the other doc seemed to think I was measuring smaller.

So I have to sit here and wait until next Tuesday, when the new OB wants to see me back get an u/s which will tell us for sure the viability of the baby.

In addition the new OB said I have some blood that has pooled behind the baby which could or could not account for the bleeding/spotting.

I really don't know what to think. Quite frankly I still feel pg, the pg symptoms have come and gone, but when they are here they are stronger than they used to be. I am holding out hope that the baby is just measuring small or some how they miscalculated the size. But I also would not be surprised if I didn't make it. I am trying to keep myself in a positive frame of mind. I was driving myself crazy, not going to work, laying around all day, when I figured I can't just sit here and wait for it to happen or not!

I am REALLY happy that I went to the new OB. She and her office are great! They actually asked me questions about all my pg's and took background on me. My old OB never even asked me if I was allergic to any meds. Needless to say I will be canceling my appt. with her and staying with the new doc. They have an unbelievably beautiful office!

Thank you for all of your support before. I hope that some sort of miracle happens and all the blood drains and the baby starts to grow I'd really like NOT to have to go through the m/c thing again. And the doc said that if I did it was really just bad luck that I would have two pg in a row where the baby was just not viable!! I guess if I do m/c I should play the lottery because I am in that 20% of pg that don't make it rather than the very large 80% that do!

But I'd rather have a heathy baby! Grow baby grow!!!

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

February 22nd, 2007, 06:30 AM
baner
Quote:
In addition the new OB said I have some blood that has pooled behind the baby which could or could not account for the bleeding/spotting.[/b]

This is exactly what happened to a friend of mine and her beautiful baby is now 8 months old. She actually bleed for the entire first 14 weeks because of it. So, I hope that is the case for you too!

Please keep us posted on how things are going! I really think deep down all is going to be ok with this little sweetie!!

You are in my thoughts and prayers!!
February 22nd, 2007, 06:54 AM
cassiek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have you and bean in my thoughts hun. Remember that happened to me a few weeks ago with the bleeding and then baby measured 6 days smaller then he/she should have. And then last week I went in and we have a heartbeat. Even though I charted the Dr said that my chart was unreliable and that I O'ed alot later then I thought I did. Hang in there hun.

February 22nd, 2007, 06:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I really do hope everything will be fine.. I have heard of a few cases where they bleed and had healthy babies. So, be positive and I think you should start going out (maybe to work) just to keep your mind occupied... I know it is easy to say.

I started working 2 months ago after taking a break of 20 months as I was driving myself crazy after I had the stillborn in June at 38 wks. I am trying to be positive this pregnancy as mine is not a case where I can breathe easy after 1st trimester or few weeks. Until I bring the baby home I can not just relax... I have left it to the hands of the Lord, as he knows what is best for me! Each one of us here need a lot of luck and prayers! Stay strong sweetie.. Goodluck and I will pray for you!
February 22nd, 2007, 07:03 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are several of us (me included) who measured off by a few days to a week around 5-6 weeks, so try to stay positive until you have proof otherwise. I'm glad you're getting another u/s and that you like your new doc so much.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
February 22nd, 2007, 07:28 AM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
Oh hun!! I am so glad to see you back!! I am also glad you found a new OB that is so much better!! Having a good OB is number 1 for us that have had losses. I am praying for you and the little one that everything ends up aokay!! Lots of hugs sweetie!
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

February 22nd, 2007, 08:28 AM
nicole21
You and your little bean are in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad you have found a new OB. It took me till 20 weeks to finally say okay I want a new doctor. With my last one when I miscarried it was basically well it happened get over it. They were not understanding or anything. And I didnt feel comfortable with them looking after Aaron. So even though it took me awhile I did find someone who is taking good care of us. I hope all goes well for you and that you have a happy and healthy 9 months.
February 22nd, 2007, 08:44 AM
hoping4littleone's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so happy to hear you got a new OB!! I hope and pray for you that everything is okay

I know the wait is agonizing, but at least you now have a doctor that will give you the attention and respect you deserve.

</div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">

Born May 5, 2008

Shelby Suzanne: 7lbs,8 oz 17 3/4 inches 9:16 p.m.
Morgan Julianne: 5 lbs,8 oz 19 inches 9:17 p.m.
</div></span>
February 22nd, 2007, 09:22 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
i measured small too at my first ultra sound and at my next ultra sound i was caught up and some. hang in there sweety and stay positive. congrats on the pregnancy!
February 22nd, 2007, 10:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just remember...babies grow in their time, and many women spot and go on to have healthy babies. Hang in there hun...I know it's easier said than done. (((hugs)))
February 22nd, 2007, 01:04 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I am sending you alllll the sticky vibes in the world hun...... I hope tuesday comes quickly for you - and comes with good news!

February 22nd, 2007, 03:46 PM
cymple's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, Jenn... I'm glad to hear some good news. Like the other ladies said - I'm so glad that you went ahead and got a new OB - it really does make all the difference. We're all rooting for that little bean and you. (((hugs)))

Check out Drew & Eliza's blog: http://drewandeliza.blogspot.com
February 22nd, 2007, 04:31 PM
Mom2LinaNangels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel so terrible, I missed what was going on. I am praying maybe s/he is just too small. I am glad you found a good OB. Mine is really pissing me off right now. Please keep us updated.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search