Not sure if pregnant?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2005, 12:25 AM
Regular
Hello..

A few days ago I took a home pregnancy test, and it came out positive with a slightly faint line.

However, last month.. the exact thing happened to me.. so here I am thinking I am pregnant.. then BAM! 3 days later I had my period. I went to the doctors to take a urine test and they said it was "borderline-positive", and she mentioned that that mean either it was too early to tell.. or that I had a miscarriage. So, I am assuming that since I had my period a few days later.. that I had a miscarriage. *This was last month by the way*

Now, to bring you up to date, I took another one this month, and it came out positive. My question is.. to the ladies who are/have been pregnant.. is if you've experienced all the symptoms? I am kind of leaning towards the possibility that I AM pregnant.. there are a couple things I noticed this month that didn't happen last month.. for the past week and a half.. I have been cramping quite often.. then up until about 2 days ago it completely stopped.. then yesterday.. I started to feel these sort of sharp pains in my lower abdomen.. right in the middle. I've also had some uterine cramps that were kind of unusual.

Another thing that was kind of strange.. I just looked in the mirror and it seems as if my upper body's veins are more evident.. which is quite strange because whenever I take a blood test, the nurse has the HARDEST time trying to locate my veins.. but right now they're staring right back at me.. not grossly evident.. but evident to me.

The strange thing is.. that my breasts aren't really that sensitive right now.. I mean, they feel normal. They're not really tender or anything like that... just normal. I haven't really been urinating that frequently like most girls obviously are at this point. I'm also not experiencing morning sickness.. I mean.. I may guess a little nauseous here and there.. but nothing crazy.. and maybe it's normal to feel a little nauseous every now and then?

Right now as of this moment.. I feel kind of normal.. my lower abdomen feels like I've been doing some sit-ups or something.. but nothing too weird.

Not having all the symptoms made me question if I really am pregnant or maybe I had another miscarriage like last month? Is that possible?

By the way.. I can't go to the doctors until August.. that's when my medical starts up again... so I guess I'm in kind of a rut until then.

Sorry for such a long post ladies.. but please, give me your feedback It will be greatly appreciated.

Oh, I'm also 20 yrs old.. and my cycle runs around 32 days. The first day of my last cycle was May 23, 2005 and it is now July 6, 2005. So I am somewhat late..
July 7th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi

I was doing some quick math and you seem to be about 17 days late. That's pretty late. I would definitely take another pg test just to see if your line is a little darker. I think there are some ladies who don't feel any symptoms. The cramps sound very promising. I have heard of ladies who bbs are not tender. I would test again and if it's a pretty dark line then celebrate and enjoy this time. I would go to the dr asap in August.

Good Luck
Keep us posted

Kim
July 7th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Veteran
I was going to suggest another preg test as well. I have never heard of something being "borderline pregnant" so that diagnosis seems odd to me. I would definitely test again.

Happily married mom with a 10 yr old and 4 yr old kidlets
July 11th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Regular
Hi ladies, thanks for responding. Well, I just tested again.. and here's the weird thing.. I bought some testing strips from online.. and I bought some pg tests from the store. I've been using the online test strips every day since a week before my period and the 2nd line has gotten progressively darker over the past couple weeks.. but the test I bought from the store.. you can BARELY see the 2nd line, what's going on with that?

When I first tested with my 2nd pregnancy I tested with First Response and that one came out positive and I tested the same day with my online strips and those came out negative [so I thought those were faulty].. so I waited a while and kept testing with my online strips.. and EVENTUALLY those came out positive.. but my 2nd testing of store bought tests was the EPT test.. and that was the one that you could HARDLY even tell there was a horizontal line.
July 11th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It has everything to do with the sensitivity of the tests. First response is majorly sensitive and it seems the online strips are more sensitive than EPT. Girl, you are prego! Start celebrating!

"Nothing in this world worth having is easy"
July 19th, 2005, 01:44 PM
1234rachael's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to 1234rachael
Sounds promising, please keep us updated

</div>
July 19th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Regular
well.. I guess I had a stroke of luck, I called the doctor's last week just to "check" if MAYBE I did have medical insurance.. and turns out that was my last week of insurance.. so I went in and took a urine test.. that came out positive

wish me luck ladies! the nurse said I should be around 8 1/2 weeks now! yay!
July 19th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
YAY!!! Congratulations!!!

July 20th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tearsofhope
Congratulations girl! I saw your story and wanted to read up on it. How are you feeling now? Are your boobs starting to hurt now?

Come Visit My Board: http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...act=SF&s=&f=71

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4440a">
</a>
July 20th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Regular
thanks ladies you guys are awesome! hmm, my boobs do occasionally get sensitive yes, especially in the morning... and they feel really heavy after I remove my bra.. but oddly enough, they don't seem to have gotten any bigger? when do those 'dramatic' changes take place anywho?

also ladies i had a couple questions.. some of you had miscarriages without even knowing it right.. I mean.. the way you found out was that when you went to the doctor's, they told you the baby had stopped developing. my question is.. if that was totally unexpected does that mean you weren't bleeding?

my other question was.. the cramping.. i heard that you'll have some cramping around the time you were supposed to get your period, does that only include the first month you missed your period? or every month after that?

thank you guys so much for your input it's greatly appreciated
July 20th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Girl,
With my MC, it's just like you said, no bleeding or cramping, just went in for an ultrasound and there was no heartbeat and the baby had stopped developing weeks prior. My only reason to believe there was a problem was that my symptoms started to go away and I kinda just knew there was something wrong. My midwife said it would eventually pass, but didn't know when. I never experienced cramping around AF time, but then again, I never really had bad AF cramps ever.
I hope you don't have to worry about any of that. Sounds like you've already breezed right through the difficult weeks and I hope you see the heartbeat real soon!

July 20th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My first M/C was just as yours accept I had the D/C before my symptoms disappeared. However my 2cd was natural. You will know if this is happening. For me the pain was so bad I had to get up and walk around. Then I got a clue and went to the restroom to check and well the rest is history. Better days are yet to come.

On a happier note...Congratulations!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search