Did anyone have slow-rising betas?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2007, 06:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know it's really early, but I'm starting to get concerned that my HPTs are not getting darker. I got my positive at 8 dpo (but it showed up on a CBE "5 day sooner" digital test). On 9dpo, my bloodwork came back at 20 HCG. Since then, my IC tests are about the same.....definitely much lighter than the control line, but more than a faint positive. I have my second beta draw tomorrow at 12 dpo. I'm just wondering if anyone else had numbers that were slow to climb? I'm just worried.
March 3rd, 2007, 06:38 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
it may not have anything to do with the HCG but the sensitivity levels of the tests..try not to worry(yeah right!) lol
March 3rd, 2007, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know....I am trying not to worry....I'm just not succeeding. The IC tests that I'm taking report detection at 25 HCG. It just seems like if my numbers were climbing like they were supposed to, the line would be getting darker.
March 3rd, 2007, 07:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes it takes a while for the HCG concentration to reach the urine. When I was POAS'ing (look how I can make it a verb. I truly am a Canadian! ) my tests were still faint and my levels were 135 at cd15 and 330 on cd17.

I know how nerve wrecking it is. Hang in there hun and congrat's on the
March 3rd, 2007, 10:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
my levels at 1st were 27 and then only went to 35 the next one
doctors were really worried, they but me on prometurium ( hormones ) and the next test went way high. ( I was a nervous wreck that whole week ) b/c they had me do 4 test every 2 days before they would tell me forsure how things were going.

Hang in there girl

Hope all goes well for you

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
March 3rd, 2007, 10:44 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Just for the record, I've NEVER gotten a dark like on a home test!

March 3rd, 2007, 11:38 AM
CalGal's Avatar Super Mommy
Don't read into the tests, each test, even if same brand has a different sensitivity. At 12 DPO my HCG was 51, so at 9DPO 20 is fine. Once you get the results back on your next HCG, you'll know a lot more!

March 3rd, 2007, 12:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you guys, so much. I found myself crying this morning after taking another HPT, but reading your posts makes me feel better. I'll just say some prayers and keep my fingers crossed that my numbers go up after my draw tomorrow.
March 3rd, 2007, 12:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay Sam...put the HPT down and step away from temptation. It's only going to make you crazy. *Trust me...I know it's hard given I was a POAS'aholic, but if you keep testing it'll drive you nuts. Take a deep breath and trust the blood work. (((hugs)))
March 3rd, 2007, 06:51 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
you are still VERY early on - many women wouldn't have even had a BFP by now, so try not to worry okay???? I think the fact you're getting positives so early is a good sign!!!!! Best of luck with your next blood draw, I will be thinking about you!

March 4th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
I think the fact you're getting positives so early is a good sign!!!!![/b]
I totally agree!!!! I didn't get my first (extremely faint) positive until AF was 3 days late. It was so faint the nurse at my OB's office said she couldn't give me an official answer as to whether or not I was pregnant (we decided not to do a blood test unless it didn't get ANY darker). 3 days later I had a line that was JUST visible enough to be definitely there. If you're getting discernible bfps right now, then you should feel lucky!

I agree with Nicole. Trust the blood work. Urine tests can't ever tell you HOW pregnant you are, just THAT you are and some brands/types NEVER get dark!

March 4th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I have a friend who didn't get a BFP until 10w!!!!! I am sure your next blood draw will show your numbers doubling...

March 4th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, you all were right....my numbers did double. On Thursday they were at 20 and on Sunday they were at 123. It's so early that I feel like we still have 100 hurdles to clear...I just wish I could be excited and enjoy this without worrying. Apparently my progesterone on Thursday was only 10.4, so I'm calling the doctor tomorrow to see if supplements will be worth it.....And I'm going to ask the ladies on here for some prayers and advice! Thank you all for making me feel better. I don't know how I would get through this without your help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search