u/s question

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2007, 05:10 AM
cymple's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did anyone on here have an u/s around the 5wk, 5day mark. I will be going in tomorrow and want to know if I should be able to see the heartbeat or not. I know that I did see it at 6.4 weeks during my first pregnancy, but is this going to be too early? I'm nervous! Thanks!

UPDATE -

The appointment went well. I actually measured a little early than what I originally thought - so it turns out I'm right at 6 weeks today and saw that precious little heartbeat!!! 132 was the rate. He said it had probably started beating in the last 24-48 hours! It also means that I've now got a little pumpkin on my hands instead of a little turkey (hehe - my EDD changed from Nov 1 to Oct 30). I haven't heard back from the labs yet, but it was a good u/s!

Check out Drew & Eliza's blog: http://drewandeliza.blogspot.com
March 5th, 2007, 05:28 AM
ypperin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to wish you luck hun, I had my first u/s at 7w 2d, and purposely pushed it to that day because I had the same fear you do.

Good Luck and keep us posted

March 5th, 2007, 06:41 AM
lauraec20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 1st ultrasound was around the end of the 5th week and we saw and heard the h/b with the transvaginal u/s. I only can speak from that experience, but that is what happened with me.

Hope your appointment goes well.
March 5th, 2007, 07:05 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You might be able to see it, but it's probably a couple of days too early. Generally the h/b isn't formed/functioning until 6w. However, if you're measuring ahead at all, you *could* see it earlier. Good luck! Hope everything goes well today.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
March 5th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to wish you good luck with your ultrasound tomorrow! I hope you get to see that precious little heartbeat!
March 5th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've had an early u/s at that time but wasn't able to see anything (i. ethe mean u/s tech wouldn't let me see). They also weren't able to see a heartbeat because it was too soon.

Hopefully you have a nicer tech and can see something, but don't be too down if you don't (kwim)? Good luck!!!!
March 5th, 2007, 08:07 AM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
I had a u/s with my pregnancy that I lost at 5 weeks and 3 days and there was no heartbeat yet.

I also pushed mine to 7 weeks so I knew I could see a hb then. Good luck though I hope all is well!
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

March 5th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I had an u/s at 5w4d with my first pg that I lost and there was no hb at that time. My doctors told me that they didn't expect to see hb at that time it was a few days too early. Things change very quickly in the early stages.

I think there is a possibility that you may see a hb, but I would not worry yourself if you don't because it could very well just be a touch too soon.

March 5th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
there is a SMALL chance you'll be able to see the h/b this early on, most likely to see it if they do a transvaginal u/s though.... good luck!

March 5th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Vickey
i didn't get an ultrasound until about 8weeks...so we could see his heart then but could not pick it up on monitor thingy (my mind is going blank on the name of it)...doppler duh!!! ugg prego brain.

They waited that long because of the fact they wanted to make sure it was formed by then.

Good luck...hope you do see/hear it!!
March 5th, 2007, 05:43 PM
cymple's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thanks for the answers - it looks like i'm right on the line of possibly being able to see something. ahhh!! i'll let yall know tomorrow evening!! thanks again!

Check out Drew & Eliza's blog: http://drewandeliza.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search