We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
What is the worst illness you can remember having?
I have two, and I can't really think which was worst..
1. When I was about 15/16 I caught a REALLY nasty flu & was off school for days... I vomitted all the time, and every part of my body ached, nothing helped.. I don't remember it too well because I was so out of it
2. When I was 18/19 I got the mumps - and it was horrible. for 5 days I was like a zombie, I would sleep all day, and even when I woke after 14 hours sleep, would be knackered! I woke up one 'night' at 7.30, to find it was actually 7.30am... On top of all that, I hallucinated a lot as well, and one night I couldnt' sleep in my room becuase it had 'bad vibes' coming from it!
1. When I had just turned 8 I got appendicitis. It was the worst pain I have ever felt, horrible recovery too.
2. When I had just turned 23 I got mono and with it a kidney infection. Then the meds they gave me (penecillan) I became allergic to but they didn't believe me til I had been taking them for over a week and finally broke out in head to toe hives from it. I threw up constantly for about 8 or 9 days and lost a ton of weight and I was underweight to begin with. My spleen was huge (which is apparently not good) and I was told if I had continued my prescription it would have killed me.
At 10w pregnant with Cora (I hadn't had my first official OB appt. yet), I got to the point where I was throwing up once an hour. I couldn't hold ANYTHING down, not even water, and hadn't been able to for almost 24hours. I went to bed that night saying if I threw up like that in the morning I'd go to the ER.
The next morning I was throwing up blood. My esophagus has been bleeding from all the acid going through it. At the ER the nurse got upset with me for not coming in sooner (I should have gone in after not being able to hold down clear liquids for 6 hours...ooops....nobody told me!). They gave me an IV and then my Dr. put me on medication and I was SO very sick for the rest of my pregnancy.
1. When I was 9 I got the Chicken Pox on Christmas Day and I had them for 6 weeks. I was off school until the 1st week in February! I had them in my mouth, on my scalp, on the bottom of my feet, and every inch of my skin. It was so painful and I had such a high temp that I was halucinating for a few days.
2. When I was younger I was always sick with colds, flus, etc. I had a weakened immune system and had issues with my tonsils, and my hearing. I had tubes put in my ears and had my tonsils and adnoids taken out when I was 3yrs. When I was about 5 yrs I had a perferated ear drum and it caused my ear to bleed and ooze, and I had major naseau and dizziness for a couple of weeks. I felt horrible and couldn't really walk due to the dizziness and constant throwing up. There wasn't much that the doctos could do for it, and I had frequent home visits from my doctor due to my not being able to travel to see him. It was horrible!
In college I got a horrible stomach bug of some sort and spent at least 3 days sleeping in the infirmary. I'd wake up when I'd sweated through my pj's, change, drink some 7-up, and go back to sleep.
When DS was about 11 mos old, I got a kidney infection that went from 0 to 60 in about 2 hours. Had to go to the ER for that one, they took me back immediately and I was so messed up from the fever that I couldn't remember any of the admitting info they needed beyond my name.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10