Just need some assurance

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2007, 08:26 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
I know there are tons of progesterone posts out there...but I am just needing some cheerleaders right now. So , my first set of betas were done last Thursday, HCG 216 and Progesterone was 20. I just got the 2nd set back and am in absolute panic mode. They had me go in on Wednesday and get them done. I missed a call on the results last night about 6:30. You know what the nurse said??? We have your results in, we need to put you on medicine, please call us in the morning. Now, seriously, was that necessary? You could have just said, we have your results, call us in the morning. So, instead I am crazy worried all night, because I know that means my progesterone is low. Stupid lady. Anyway, so I called this morning and my HCG is 3,842 and my progesterone dropped to 12.5. They are putting me on 400 mg of prometrium a day (2 200/day), orally. I am just a worried that they dropped that much, what if in the past two days they dropped even lower and it is too late??? And they won't even test again to see if it is working until after my apt April 9th. Anyway, I guess I am just worried that it won't work...have you ladies all had positive experiences (cause that is what I need to hear) and successful pregnancies after taking progesterone supplements? Thanks for the vent!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

March 23rd, 2007, 08:49 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The nurse definitely could have handled the message differently. Progesterone levels can fluctuate throughout the day, so just because the one result was low doesn't mean that it stayed that low. The supplements aren't fun, but worth it. A friend of mine was at a 7 and had a healthy boy last summer. The biggest tip that helped me was to wear a liner and to do the night dose after already in bed for the night. Hang in there!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
March 23rd, 2007, 09:00 AM
Did you take your's vaginally?

Thank you for the positive thoughts. Hopefully that was just a low point during the day.

March 23rd, 2007, 09:09 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, vaginally is most effective. Progesterone has a really short half-life (how fast it breaks down and leaves your body), so putting it at the source helps you absorb as much as possible.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
March 23rd, 2007, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm kind of a lurker here now that I have had my baby, but I had the same situation you are in. I originally took the prometrium orally and the side effects were unbelievable. So my OB put me on the vaginal suppositories and that worked out pretty well. My levels went way down from about 25 to 8 so they were concerned. The progesterone kept my levels up and everything went fine. Good luck!

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
March 23rd, 2007, 09:38 AM
So my pills are oral, but they are gel cap things, I saw another post where the dr said those could be taken vaginally too. Anybody done this?

March 23rd, 2007, 01:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine were not originally the gel caps....they were the Prometrium oral pills. I took them orally, but was scared that they weren't as effective (because everything I read said the suppositories were more effective). So when I called the doctor to voice my concern, she said that I could use the pills vaginally. I was a little skeptical about this, but I did it. I have since switched to the suppositories because I'm a control freak and insisted, but I would think that if you have the gel caps, you could take them vaginally and it would pretty much be the same thing.....I might give your doctor a quick call and just run it by them first, though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search