MattsMommy

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2007, 06:28 AM
AndoriaC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going nuts watching all the girls in my DDC going to their u/s and finding out what gender the baby is. I have one more shot at it, but it won't be until about 28 weeks or so.

How on earth did you read all of those results, and posts about buying this or that for the baby and not go crazy wishing you were able to do the same??

Also, just out of curiosity, do you have any more u/s, or is it totally going to be a surprise for you now?

Click For My Digital Scrapbook Blog</div>
April 2nd, 2007, 07:06 AM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
Colleen,

Try not to stress out!! It may seem tragic, but it's not so bad NOT knowing the sex of your baby! I went through 3 pg and never found out the sex of any of them. Of course this was by choice, but when the day of the birth came it was REALLY exciting to here that age old phrase that you always hear the doctors in the movies say...."It's a ..."

So try to think about the positive points of "not knowing". It's like a good Christmas present...I mean when was the last time you had no clue about what you were getting? Sometimes as we get older it's harder to be TRULY surprised...this is one of those good times...maybe your sweet little baby is just helping you out!!!

I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but I did want you to know that it's not all bad. Keep on the positive side and if you REALLY want to know, I hope your little Potatoe cooperates in 8 weeks!!! Good luck.

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

April 2nd, 2007, 09:30 AM
:::Dan!elle:::'s Avatar Proud to be a CPST!
Honestly, it drove me NUTS! I was so upset because I didn't get my ultrasound until 22 weeks and women in the July DDC were even finding out before me! Then of course I had to wait another 4 weeks for another one. It bothered me A LOT for a while, but I eventually got over it. I just look at it like this-having this baby and not knowing what it is before hand, will probably be the best surprise I will ever get. And I'm not doing another ultrasound-they told me I could come back whenever I wanted, but after getting my hopes up three times, only to be disappointed, I would rather not. I have just accepted the fact that this baby is stubborn and doesn't want us to know LOL.
April 2nd, 2007, 10:48 AM
AndoriaC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
women in the July DDC were even finding out before me[/b]
Yep.. I noticed women in the September DDC are starting to find out now. Amazing..

It's not like I'm really stressing over not knowing or anything.. I just was really looking forward to finding out, and THOUGHT that I would be getting another U/S at 25 weeks, not 28 to 30! LOL Especially since we have soo much going on in June and July - 3 different weddings and family in town and stayin with us off and on etc, and so we wanted to decorate the nursery in April/May. But oh well I just have to be patient.

Click For My Digital Scrapbook Blog</div>
April 2nd, 2007, 03:22 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
LOL i don't know how i would have coped not finding out

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search