New Here

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2007, 03:04 PM
Veteran
Hi ladies. Just thought I would pop on and introduce myself. I figured I would find lots of ladies here going through the same thing I am going through.

I was pregnant last August, and lost the baby in late October. We had gone in for our 12 week check up and there had been no growth since our 8 week U/S. My body showed no signs that anything was wrong, so we forced my body to miscarry. I ended up having an emergency D&C at midnight on a Friday night since they could not stop my bleeding. I ended up losing about 1/3 of my blood that night. Scary! We waited a couple cycles per my doctor's orders before TTC again. We started trying in late January...last month (March) we tried again the morning that I was going to Mexico (without DH). I actually ended up getting a surge on an OPK that afternoon after we did it. I felt happy and optimistic that our timing was good even though I was about to jump on a plane...maybe we timed it perfectly. I went to Mexico for 9 days, and when I got back on a Monday I decided to POAS even though it was really early to test. I got a big bright POSITIVE on 2 HPTs. I was shocked. When we were pregnant before the line was always pretty pale, and these were so dark!
I called my doc and set up a blood test for the next day. When I get my test results, the nurse said I was "definitley" pregnant. She asked how far along I thought I was. Based on my LMP, I was just over 3 weeks! My HCG on that day was 50,000!! We tested again 2 days later and it was 67,000.
The doctor said my numbers were that high either because I am further along than we think (which is hard to understand since I had a period on Feb 23rd and had tested negative on a couple HPTs before I started), or there is more than one in there.

It has been 2 weeks today since I tested positive on those HPTs and I have my first U/S on Thursday to see what is up! I am dying to know if there is one or two in there, and how far along I am.

Of course, every day I worry that there is something wrong and my body isn't telling me...just like last time. I have sore boobs but, that was my one and only symptom last time too. I have noticed I get nauseous if I let myself get too hungry but that is about it.

Thanks for reading my story, sorry I got a little chatty! LOL. Not many people know I am pregnant again and no one I know understands the stress of pregnancy after a miscarriage.

Dawn
April 2nd, 2007, 03:22 PM
AndoriaC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the !! Those are really high beta levels for that early! I wouldn't be surprised if you've got more than one in there! Have a happy and healthy 9 months, and keep us updated!!

Click For My Digital Scrapbook Blog</div>
April 2nd, 2007, 08:20 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!! Best of luck with your scan sweety!

April 3rd, 2007, 07:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your BFP!! that's a great news. I really hope everything goes fine with this pg.
April 3rd, 2007, 07:28 AM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
A BIG congrats to you!! Let us know how your u/s goes too! I bet everything looks great!! Welcome to our little group!
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

April 3rd, 2007, 08:33 AM
lauraec20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome!!! THis group of women has been so helpful to me. Hopefully it will be the same for you. Can't wait to hear about your appointment on Thursday. Good luck and I hope that everything goes well!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search