12 weeks and counting....

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2007, 05:10 PM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
Hi ladies,

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to check in, so I am catching up from a few days ago. I went to my first OB appt. since I found out the big miracle!!!

I was so scared that perhaps there would be no h/b but after a little searching the doppler did pick it up!! WE asked a bunch of questions and the doc said she would do an u/s if we wanted (I guess she's feeling a little badly). I knew it would be important for dh to see the little bean!!! I knew he wouldn't openly say he wanted it he just kept saying "Whatever you think." I had seen the baby before but really wanted him to have a chance to see, so I told the doctor we did want one!

I am still debating who and when to tell. DH and I know of course and my two sisters and my best friend (oh and all of you) but no parents, cousins, aunts, uncles or our kids!!!

DH keeps asking..."Can we tell now?" But I'm so afraid that if I say anything I'll make it all go away!! Also, I am so scared to tell my kids and then have to tell them later that I am...once again....not having a baby!! I guess I shouldn't think that way but I am afraid of making it too real...in reality I guess it is just as painful to lose one way or the other. I just want my kids to be the first to know and I want to be as sure as possible before I tell them!!! Maybe I'll spill the bean at Easter!

Anyway, still nervous about adding my ticker! I figured I would wait until I was in my 2nd trimester!!! ALMOST THERE!!

We are seriously debating finding a new OB. This will be my 3rd for this pg!!! I can't seem to find anybody who has any sort of compassion. My sister used to work for an OB so she has been filling me in on what they would do at their office and has found the whole thing frustrating when nobody will even order a simple HCG test. She said they tested every woman after a m/c to follow thier numbers back to 0. If we had done an hcg test with this one that I "supposedly" lost we would have known my body was not saying what the u/s was saying and more tests could have been done before offering me the sidetec or the d&c.

I'd be interested to hear what you all have to say!! I guess this doesn't happen every day (Thank God)!!

Anyhow have a wonderful Easter!!!

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

April 5th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
((Hugs)) I can understand your apprehension in telling your family etc about the pregnancy, I think I would probably feel the same, infact I KNOW that I felt the same when I was pregnant. I didn't want to tell anyone for fear of jinxing the pregnancy, and having another miscarriage. I think in the end, all yo ucan do is tell everyone when it feels right for you.... but I think you've got a little fighter on your hands, so i'm sure telling them won't jinx things ((Hugs))

April 6th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
aw congrats on the hb jen! im so happy for you! and i don't blame you for being hesitant to tell people..only a few irl know about me..STILL. I think after my level II ultrasound on the 30th i may tell more friends and neighbor's etc.
April 6th, 2007, 08:59 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
Your story amazes me every time I read it...such a little miracle you have there. Congrats on the heartbeat.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

April 6th, 2007, 01:19 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
You are almost to the 2nd trimester now!! Congrats on hearing the hb too!! I can understand how you would feel after everything you have gone through with this miracle child.

I would for sure find a new OB if your not happy. I am changing Ob's myself this month. After seeing my OB several times I realized he is an idiot and just not for me. So I start seeing a new one this month and I am super excited about her.

Whatever you do I hope everything works out great!
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

April 10th, 2007, 02:21 PM
MLBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on the heartbeat!
I find that a bit strange...that no one will check your levels yet.
My last OB/GYN handled my miscarriage so terribly that I vowed never to go back to her. Instead I see a midwife in the same office. I have been seeing her since 2 days after I found out I was pregnant.
I hope you do well on your search

http://www.MLBelasco.etsy.com
April 11th, 2007, 07:25 AM
AndoriaC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
My sister used to work for an OB so she has been filling me in on what they would do at their office and has found the whole thing frustrating when nobody will even order a simple HCG test. She said they tested every woman after a m/c to follow thier numbers back to 0.[/b]
I thought that this was reutine, also.. my understanding was that they watched this to make sure that no tissue was remaing or anything like that. And it is such a simple test.. why WOULDN'T a doctor do it?? My dad is a phlebotomist, and has said that he draws a lot of follow up HCG tests for women who have m/c'd..

I wouldn't blame you for *yet again* finding another OB.. good luck!

And I'm glad to hear you heard the h/b on your doppler! That's great news!

Click For My Digital Scrapbook Blog</div>
April 11th, 2007, 08:19 AM
lauraec20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad you got to hear the h/b and that everything seems to be ok right now. I understnad your apprehension about telling people. I can't even imagine the emotions that you have been through with this whole situation. I think you will know when the time is right to let everyone know.

If I were you I would look for another OB. You need to be with someone you feel completely comfortable with (especially after what you have been through).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search