Another crazy Danielle vent

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2007, 02:14 PM
:::Dan!elle:::'s Avatar Proud to be a CPST!
sorry girls, I just don't know where else to get all of this out. Tomorrow would be the day that I would deliver, and it's really bothering me. I'm also having a hard time dealing with some other stuff right now. About a month ago my dad found out that he had Hep C. He is an alcoholic and an IV drug user. We have always been close-well, up until a few years ago. I don't see him much, and when I do it's not for long. Him and my mom have been divorced for about 8 years, but have been doing the on again, off again thing since the divorce was finalized. It's still going on. Matthew loves my dad-when he's living at my mom's house (every other week) Matthew gets to see him a lot. My dad acts like a kid around him. When my dad isn't staying there, Matthew gets upset when we go to see my mom and my dad isn't there. It breaks my heart. It's getting hard to deal with the Hep C stuff. A few weeks ago, Matthew was being mean and scratched a scab off my dad's hand-which of course freaked me out, but I didn't say anything. I'm worrying about Matthew getting it. Now, all I can think about is how long my dad will live. He doesn't have a job, no health insurance and he doesn't talk to me about it at all-he didn't even tell me he had it. I'm having a really hard time dealing with the fact that Matthew might not remember him-that he will die when he's too young to remember. I want this baby to remember. I hate feeling and thinking like this-I can't stop crying whenever I think of my dad. I am really sorry, I know this post isn't about my pregnancy loss, but I don't know where else to put it. I guess it's just everything is hitting me at the same time and I don't know how to deal with it.
April 10th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I'm sorry you're going through so much sweety (((hugs))))

April 10th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
My FIL has hep C. He actually contracted it through a blood transfusion when he had an operation in the '70's. They've thought it was Hep B this whole time, until about 6 months ago. He suddenly got really sick (he's doing better) and they realized that it was actually C instead of B. DH was really worried, and there was a lot of stress. I want my children to know their grandfather (even though we live far enough away that it would only be occasional visits).

So I can understand a little bit.

I'm sorry that you have to worry about Matthew getting it. I'd be worried in that case too. Just try to be careful and watch.

I can't give you any other advice on the situation, other than just give you . It's always scary to be away of your parents' mortality I think. We just want our family to stay intact and have everyone live forever. I hope that it's not as bad as you think, and that part of it is just the pregnancy.

Thoughts and prayers with you!

April 10th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Vickey
awww sweety we are here for you!!! Sounds like you have alot on your plate and if you ever need to vent or spill your soul we are here for you. HUGS!!!!!!!!
April 11th, 2007, 06:37 AM
lauraec20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I had some words of wisdome for you. I am so sorry you are going through all of this right now. I know it must be really hard. Of course I don't know the details about your father, but I work as an Addictions Counselor and several of my clients have Hep C. I know that many of them have lived for a while with the illness. As long as they are taking their meds, going to the doctor and taking really good care of themselves. I know it is possible to lead a long, productive life with the illness. Like I said, I don't know the details about your dad, but I just wanted to share my experience.

Vent anytime you need to. We are always here!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search