Yet another progesterone question...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2007, 05:51 PM
cymple's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For all of you ladies who have been here before:

I am currently taking 100mg (50mg 2x/day) via suppository. At my doctor's visit yesterday, he told me that I could stop taking them when I hit the 13 week mark (just 12 days!!) I will keep getting bloodwork until then, but he said that would stop at that point too.

I don't see him again until I am 15 weeks - I'm kind of scared to stop taking it. He says my placenta will then take over - but, how do you know for sure it's doing its job without bloodwork?

I'm so frightened to stop! Any advice?

Check out Drew & Eliza's blog: http://drewandeliza.blogspot.com
April 12th, 2007, 06:27 PM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
Kelli,

I sure wish I could give you some information from personal experience but I have none. Everything you said is what I have heard is the "norm".

I'm sure your doc has lots of experience with it so take it easy and try to think of that little life inside of you!!!! I'm so happy we are here together!

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

April 12th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Stopping the prog was nerve wrecking for me. In my head I knew the placenta would take over, but I was nervous. I don't have any words of wisdom, but I hope things are okay. (((hugs)))
April 13th, 2007, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Kelli,

I sure wish I could give you some information from personal experience but I have none. Everything you said is what I have heard is the "norm".

I'm sure your doc has lots of experience with it so take it easy and try to think of that little life inside of you!!!! I'm so happy we are here together![/b]
Thanks - I'm so happy we're in here together too!!! Hopefully we'll both be bringing precious little ones into this world together in October too!!!

Quote:
Stopping the prog was nerve wrecking for me. In my head I knew the placenta would take over, but I was nervous. I don't have any words of wisdom, but I hope things are okay. (((hugs)))[/b]
Nykoal -
Did they do any bloodwork on you *after* you stopped taking them, just to make sure - or just told you to quit "cold turkey"? Did you stop right at 13 weeks? Thanks.

April 13th, 2007, 06:19 AM
cassiek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I stopped taking mine at 12 1/2 weeks. I felt fine and I am thinking that my Dr will maybe do some blood work today when I see here.

April 13th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I stopped the compounded prog that my RE had me on at 13 weeks, but I had some prometrium left over from the summer and took that for another week to ease my mind.

As for the blood work...they didn't do any after I stopped so it was like a leap of faith for me.
April 13th, 2007, 08:10 PM
so, it wouldn't *hurt* to keep taking it? i thought maybe i could wean my body down - maybe at 13 weeks start taking one a day instead of two for a bit. oh i don't know!!! i'm sure i'll do exactly as my doctor says, but i'm so scared my body will not like that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search