Give me some hope!!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2007, 05:20 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

I have lurked on here a few time to check and see how you are all doing. Especially since some of you have graduated from the TTC after loss board. Right now I could use some hope. I have had 2 losses in 9 months, both very early (before 6 weeks). I have had blood tests done recently and an HSG... all of which came back normal except one suspicious tube- but they are saying it could have just been seizing up at the time. So I am back to TTC. I am finding it hard to stay positive. Everyone around me is pregnant! My EDD for my first is April 19 and there are 3 ladies at work who are ready to pop. My brother's GF just had a baby and my brother-in- law just announced that his wife was pregnant yesterday. I am happy for all of them, but ready for my turn!!

Anyway, just curious if anyone on here has experienced anything similar. 2 early losses and a is doing well with the 3rd pregnancy. Just looking for some success stories that can make me feel like anything is possible.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

April 15th, 2007, 05:29 PM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
While I have only had one loss I understand how important it is to have success stories to keep you thinking positively!

I am pg with a miracle as my doc told me this pg was not viable. In fact gave me medication to induce a m/c. I decided to wait for a natural m/c and after 4 weeks of waiting went in for a vag. u/s to determine if everything had been expelled and surprise, surprise two arms, two legs, and a healthy little h/b. So I am a true believer that ANYTHING is possible.

I know I have seen girls on this board who have been through some terrible things and are happy moms and moms-to-be. Here's to hoping your time comes very soon!!!!

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

April 15th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Although I've only had one m/c (5w4d), I am now the (very) proud Mama of an almost 6 month old baby girl! Don't give up hope, I know a few women in my PlayRoom had babies in October, after having prior losses

April 15th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You have come to the right place looking for hope - you are describing me perfectly! We started TTC'ing in January and got pregnant pretty quickly in March. We m/c in April at about 5 and 1/2 weeks. Then we got pregnant again in June and m/c in July at about 4 and 1/2 weeks (we literally found out and then m/c 2 days later - while on vacation in Jamaica - totally sucked). Then, we got pregnant again in August - without even a period in between our 2nd m/c and getting pregnant the 3rd time. Well, the 3rd time was the charm for us - it seems to have stuck (I feel like we can say that at 39w1d LOL)...I totally understand how frustrated you are - within a couple weeks of our first m/c, I found out 2 friends at work were pregnant. Then, within a week of m/c the 2nd time, we found out two of our best couple friends were pregnant. It was a pretty rough time for us - me especially...I thought it was never going to happen for us and I was so angry and frustrated. I knew God had a plan for us and my hope was that it included children, but I also knew there were no guarantees...they never figured out what caused my m/c's - just "bad luck" I suppose...so, yes, there is hope after multiple m/c's - there are women on this board who had 3 and 4 m/c's who now have beautiful healthy babies (at least 3 of us multiple m/c survivors in the April DDC alone!) - I'm not there yet, but I'm close! Good luck and hang in there - hopefully, you'll be posting over here soon!
April 16th, 2007, 05:47 AM
ypperin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Hi ladies,

I have lurked on here a few time to check and see how you are all doing. Especially since some of you have graduated from the TTC after loss board. Right now I could use some hope. I have had 2 losses in 9 months, both very early (before 6 weeks). I have had blood tests done recently and an HSG... all of which came back normal except one suspicious tube- but they are saying it could have just been seizing up at the time. So I am back to TTC. I am finding it hard to stay positive. Everyone around me is pregnant! My EDD for my first is April 19 and there are 3 ladies at work who are ready to pop. My brother's GF just had a baby and my brother-in- law just announced that his wife was pregnant yesterday. I am happy for all of them, but ready for my turn!!

Anyway, just curious if anyone on here has experienced anything similar. 2 early losses and a is doing well with the 3rd pregnancy. Just looking for some success stories that can make me feel like anything is possible.

Thanks a bunch!!![/b]

I can understand what you are going through luv. DH and I got pg in May, and lost Olivia at 11 weeks, on my son's birthday. We managed to conceive right away, and lost that one at 4 weeks - this one is number 3 and due in ..... 34 days!

It can happen, just have faith! I think what helped us, is that we just tried our best to accept it, and move forward, this one was conceived when we weren't really trying, we weren't preventing either, we had just come to the conclusion that if it was going to work it would work. That being said, I have been, understandably, more careful, and paranoid And now we are waiting for our miracle. Good luck hun! Remember things happen for a reason.

April 16th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can understand and relate to your fears. I've had 3 losses and went back to my RE for a month's worth of tests (i.e. blood tests, genetics blood work, SHG (which showed scar tissue from my D&C in May), Endo biopsy, follicle scans and hormone blood work done daily to monitor my cycle, DH had 2 SA's, etc). I was given a clean bill of health except my estrogen levels were a little low but not alarming. So I was given clomid and conceived that 1st cycle. My prog levels were on the low side so I was put on prog supplements for the 1st trimester but didn't freak out because I knew that my endo biopsy showed a healthy uterus (no infection, and a perfect lining) so it helped to ease my mind.

When I was 10 wks I got a call from the RE's office that she wanted to see me the next day for test results. I was so nervous that night. I had my appointment and found out the cause of my m/c's. I had a genetic condition that has a 69% m/c. There's nothing you can do about it and each pg is a fluke and a numbers game. Needless to say I was a wreck for a few days and terrified of m/c'ing again. Turns out things are oing well and this little baby is meant to be here. Peanut has over come sooo many odds to get here and all u/s' show a heathly baby (since the genetic condition I can pass on has many soft markers that are picked up by u/s).

Where am I going with this? It's so hard to know what will happen again unless you go for testing (which you have), but since you've had a clean bill of health that should hopefully ease your mind and emotions a bit when you get pg again. Recurrent pg loss is hard to go through and causes so many emotions and fears. It completely normal to question and wonder "what will happen again". I wish you all the best as you TTC again. We're here for you. We've been through it all and have many success stories here.
April 16th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have only had one miscarriage, at 11 weeks, so the doctors would not test to find the cause. However, my sister had 2 miscarriages (one at 5 weeks and one at 8 weeks). They ran a bunch of tests and were not able to come back with a cause for her miscarriages. Very soon after her second miscarriage, she got pregnant with my nephew.....Had a completely uneventful pregnancy.....and an even more perfect baby! I can't offer any advice on why you have experienced what you have, but you should know that things can and do turn around. I wish you the best of luck!
April 16th, 2007, 01:21 PM
cassiek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had 2 m/c myself hun. So far things have been great with this pregnancy. I spotted at the beginning but that was due to low Progestrone and once I was placed on the proper medication things went great. I wish you the best of luck.

April 16th, 2007, 04:49 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies for all your wonderful stories! I just O'd this weekend so hopefully I will be joining you soon!! God bless you all and your wonderful little beans!

Amanda

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

April 16th, 2007, 05:15 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
I had a m/c in May 2003 (after my son was born) then had my daughter in October 2005. Then another m/c in August 2006 and I'm expecting again.
April 17th, 2007, 12:35 PM
lauraec20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have only had one miscarriage. It was at 16 weeks. The baby had Potter's Syndrome, which is where the baby just does not develop kidneys. THey told me it was genetic and there is no way to predict whether or not it will happen again. It was very scary this time just wondering if it will happen again or not. I am happy to say that I am 17 weeks 4 days today. WE had the u/s to check for kidneys and they are there. So even though there will always be the chance of it happening again, it didn't this time. So in my case, even with a known medical/genetic issue that caused me to lose the first baby, it did not happen again this time. So there is always hope.

I also know some other women who have had many miscarriages and multiple problems and finally ended up with healthy babies. I hope that things work out for you and we hear about a healthy pregnancy very soon.
April 18th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
wishing you the best of luck

I had 3 m/c in 2005 ( May I was 13 weeks, Augs I was 10 weeks and In Nov I was 7 weeks ) this was after having a healthy pregnancy and birth of my son in 2002 no problems at all.

after the last m/c I went in for several test everything came back clean and good. I was so frustrated. I finally just gave up on the whole pregnancy thing and within the next month become pregnant again
really scared b.c coming pregnant was not my problem staying pregnant was the issue.

I found out I was pg at 3 weeks * by this time I was really intune with my body* My hormone levels were low so my doctor put me on prometruim for 16 weeks.

I had a pretty rough pregnancy ( not to scare you ) but it was all worth it in the end.

My beautiful Alyssa is now 7 weeks old

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search