something that happened yesterday, has me kind of upset

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2007, 11:12 AM
lauraec20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday I had an appointment with my doctor that treats my disability. I go to see him once a month, so I pretty much know all the people that work in that office and they know me. They all know that I am pregnant. Well, yesterday, the receptionist said, "I thought you were pregnant". And I said, "I am". And she said, "Oh, I can't tell". THen the nurse said, "Are you still pregnant?". I told her that I was and she said "then why are you not shwoing at all?". Then the doctor came in and he asked me if I was still pregnant. I am already worried about why I am not showing much at all. Then to have three people ask me if I was still pregnant just really really bothered me. I am already a nervous wreck about this pregnancy (I guess from the past m/c and from being high risk) and to have people say those words, like I could not possibly still be pregnant because I do not look different.

I was trying to think that it is normal that I am not showing at all but I am still worried about it. I guess then having multiple people point it out just made me really upset. Just needed to vent about that. Thanks for listening.
April 18th, 2007, 11:22 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
I am sure everything is just fine. I am sure your OB would understand and give you some reassurance or an US if you told them what happened. They want you to have piece of mind, so you can relax and enjoy instead of worry.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

April 18th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sure everything is fine. Some people don't show as the others! If there was anything to worry about your OB would have told you. Don't worry sweetie.
April 18th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
im sorry laura..some people don't think before they speak, i swear. On that note, don't worry about the not showing...i am almost 19 weeks and JUST Popped out and this is my 2nd baby that has made it this far..my 4th pregnancy in all! I didnt show with my son until 21 weeks..im sorry its bothering you and it would me too but don't stress that your not showing yet
April 18th, 2007, 01:09 PM
ypperin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it's any consolation hun, I was still fitting my prepreggo jeans at 7 mos ! And now baby is measuring 2 weeks more than what he is The interviewees coming in for interviews to take over during my mat leave actually questioned whether or not I was telling the truth

I'm sure all is well and you just carry more in towards your back

April 18th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
sweetheart, that is just bloody disgusting!!!!! BELIEVE ME, not to be showing yet is absolutely NORMAL, especially in a first pregnancy!!! I didn't look obviously pregnant when I was pregnant with Gaby, until 26 weeks! 26 weeks! I look at my belly photos from my pregnancy, and I don't look at all pregnant until toward about 19 weeks - but even then it's more just a bloated look! I guarantee you that in the next few weeks you'll suddenly pop - infact I reckon that by your next appointment at that clinic, they will probably comment on how pregnant you look! You obviously just aren't carrying out front at this stage, which doesn't mean anything bad....... I know I really hated the fact that I didn't show for so long - because I wanted people to know I was pregnant, and to comment on it... I think that after you've experienced a pregnancy loss, you want to LOOK pregnant so that you feel the pregnancy IS real, and not some weird figment of your imagination...

April 18th, 2007, 03:52 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
Oh hun don't worry about that!! I had someone ask me the other day if I was still pregnant too! They told me I looked like I had lost weight lol!! I was happy cause well its nice to hear that to me!

Don't worry about not showing yet, its still early.
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

April 18th, 2007, 04:07 PM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
First I have to say how absolutely rude and insensitive!!!!! Are you still pg?? What is that about!!

Then after I think about their thoughtlessness I have to say how great that is!!!

I had a lady during my first pg tell me...."Oh my God, you are huge!!" I think I still had 2 months to go!!!

So it definitely goes both ways and I don't think one is any better than the other!! They could have said..."You look terrific! How lucky you are!!!"

You'll be one of those terrifically cute little pg people!!! I love them...in fact wish I could be one, but I'm the beached whale type!!! Oh well, as long as I have a healthy baby in the end!!!

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

April 18th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I've always gotten the "You can't possibly be that pregnant!" from people. I'm sorry honey.

I didn't show really at all with Cora until about 24/25 weeks, and only a few weeks sooner with this one were people able to really tell I'm pregnant.

April 19th, 2007, 06:15 AM
cassiek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((HUGS))) I am sorry hun. Some people can be so insensitive to other people. I wouldn't worry about it to much. Everyone shows at different times.

April 19th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Every woman's body is different. I am very sad to hear that people in the medical field are so tactless. They of all people should know better. Please don't worry yourself over this. Personally, I think you should be thrilled that you are busting buttons on your clothes! Hang in there and I will wish for you to wake up HUGE tomorrow.

April 19th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Vickey
don't listen to those people and don't let them get to you. I had a friend who was pregnant and had her baby is feb. She never looked pregnant until maybe new years, Even when she was 38 weeks she looked like I did at 20 weeks, so everyone carries the baby different. Some people pop out, some don't. This is one of those times where I say "some people just need to shut up!!!" I know how they must have made you feel but they don't know what they are saying sometimes
April 20th, 2007, 09:18 AM
AndoriaC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They definitely could have shown more tact when they brought up the subject. There are much better ways to comment on that than how they all did.

But as the other ladies have already said, don't worry about not showing yet! I was about 24 weeks preggo with my DD when I got married.. and NO ONE at the wedding could tell that I was preggo. I was still wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes on our honeymoon at 24 weeks!

I agree with SpinkD, though.. if you call up your OB and explain what happened, they may try to get you in to at least listen to the HB or something for some reassurance.

Click For My Digital Scrapbook Blog</div>
April 23rd, 2007, 12:44 PM
lauraec20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
THanks ladies for all your kind words!!! I guess I am just super sensitive right now. I can't imagine why!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search