Update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Well, I had some crazy cramps on Monday and Tuesday and thought "great, here we go again" so I called the dr. and went in Tues. afternoon. All appeared fine, cultured me, analyzed me, blah blah blah and was told to stop worrying. The NP said, let's ease your mind and do a quick sono. Well, I saw the heartbeat!!! I was so happy I just started bawling like a crazy person. It was 148 and she assured me that it is a "good strong heartbeat" and I should focus on the positive. Does anyone know what the stats are once you have a heartbeat and the pregnancy progressing? My sister swears her Dr. told her at 7 weeks that when you see a heartbeat that is strong (over 120), there is a 90% chance that the pregnancy will continue successfully......anyone? Also, b/c of this unexpected sono, they moved my 4/26 appt. to 5/3 so that stinks, but then I will be 9 weeks so I will get to see more.

April 19th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
aw yay, that is such fabulous news!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure about the stats at 7 weeks, but i know that it's something like a 90% chance of the pregnancy continuing if you see a h/b at 10 weeks.. i'll see what i can find & edit the post kay!

ETA: most of the things i've read on various sites say that once youv'e seen a h/b before 10w, the risk of m/c goes down to 7-10%, and once you reach 10w, the risk goes down further - and once you reach 12w, the risk is on average, 1-2%

April 19th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Vickey
i have no idea about the stats but yay for a heartbeat!!!!! Glad to hear everything turned out ok, but kidda crummy you have to wait longer now for the next appt. but on the up side he/she will be bigger then!
April 20th, 2007, 04:31 AM
Those numbers work for me! Thanks so much for checking on that. I know that something could still go wrong, but it was very reassuring. Now, I just have to get through the next two weeks instead of one....lol!

April 20th, 2007, 05:49 AM
cassiek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no clue about the stats, but Congrats on seeing the baby's heartbeat.

April 20th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
that is a wonderful heartbeat!! If it makes you feel any better..at my 7 week u/s the hb was 145 and everything seems to be okay so far for me! I do know that they say after seeing the hb your chances of m/c go down ALOT and once your out of the 1st trimester it drops even more! good luck!
April 20th, 2007, 08:57 AM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
What terrific news. I have no idea about the actual statistics but what I have always heard is that once you have seen the h/b your chances for a m/c do decrease significantly!!!

Good luck and it sounds like a good healthy beating heart!!!! Yeah for that!!!

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

April 20th, 2007, 09:01 AM
AndoriaC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on a healthy heartbeat!

Click For My Digital Scrapbook Blog</div>
April 20th, 2007, 09:13 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
Such wonderful news, congrats!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

April 20th, 2007, 09:28 AM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
That is great you got to see the hb!!! Sounds like a healthy one to me!
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

April 20th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Veteran
That is great news for you!! How exciting to see that little heartbeat so early! Just wait til your next appt, you will be amazed how much baby has grown.

We had our first U/S a couple weeks ago when I was 9 weeks, and we saw little arm/leg buds, baby's spine, heartbeat, and it was wiggling around! I cried too.

Hope you can breath easier now. I love seeing those stats too. We have our appt on Monday to go in and listen for a heartbeat. I am so excited but nervous too!

Dawn
April 20th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's so nice of your OB to do sono! I am very happy for you! Now atleast you can relax a little bit.
April 21st, 2007, 06:05 AM
Thanks all. Everyone is always so comforting.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search