Does anyone know?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2007, 05:09 PM
joanie1981's Avatar Super Mommy
Where your progesterone levels should be at 4 weeks? I had my levels done yesterday and they were 11.1 which seems kind of low to me. I did read the sticky about this, but the 1st trimester starts at 9 and ends at 47, that is a wide range and I am definitely at the lower end. The sticky also says that during your luteal phase your progesterone could be up to 28, which I am no where near........

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!! Sorry, I am trying not to obsess, but I can't help it, worry, worry, worry

Thought maybe if I had something to compare it to, then I could tell if it was truly low or on target. Any one have to use suppositories b4? If so what were your levels?

Thanks again!!!!!!!

~Joanie

Which will he be????

www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2007mama
April 24th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
you are pregnant so that means your progesterone was good enough to get you this far..i know of many women whose progesterone was around 10, 11, 12, 13 etc. plus it fluncuates throughout the day so right now it could be 18 or something. I took suppositories and im sure half of the ladies here have also. what is your dr. saying?
April 24th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My prog levels hovered around 13.7 for most of the 1st trimester. I was on prog supp's until 13 weeks. It's true that your levels fluctuate during the day. Will your dr be putting you on supp's?
April 24th, 2007, 06:51 PM
joanie1981's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
you are pregnant so that means your progesterone was good enough to get you this far..i know of many women whose progesterone was around 10, 11, 12, 13 etc. plus it fluncuates throughout the day so right now it could be 18 or something. I took suppositories and im sure half of the ladies here have also. what is your dr. saying?[/b]
My Dr. said that the readings were in the first trimester and that he woud fax the results to my ob.....that was about it, I had blood drawn today also, so I will get those results tomorrow I think......Then they are doing them again 5/1.

Quote:
My prog levels hovered around 13.7 for most of the 1st trimester. I was on prog supp's until 13 weeks. It's true that your levels fluctuate during the day. Will your dr be putting you on supp's?[/b]

Ok, I wasn't sure how fast they should progress, I know the HCG should double, but I wasn't sure with the progesterone, I haven't spoken to my OB yet, I am going to give him a call tomorrow.

Which will he be????

www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2007mama
April 24th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congratulations on your pregnancy! It is hard to say what your progesterone is doing, with just the one reading... it does fluctuate during the day, and it differs day by day... Do you have it arranged to get another progesterone reading done? I would imagine that if your dr/ob/mw was concerned, theyd' have talked to you about progesterone supplements... Maybe you could ring them & see what they say?

April 25th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Super Mommy
Mine was 35 but I'm taking prometrium. Which helps your progestrone. You might want to ask your doctor about taking that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search