Anyone have seasonal allergies??

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2007, 04:37 AM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

Still no more spotting!! I have been having a really good feeling about this one but I am still nervous.

Anyway, right now my allergies are REALLY BAD!! I am sitting here watching tv with a box of tissues and sneezing my head off!! I am just curious if anyone else suffers from seasonal allergies and what they take? I would love somtheing over the counter but I am terrified to take any medicine right now. I will call the doctor's office on Tuesday and hopefully they will prescribe me something. How sad is it that I don't want to call my OBGYN's office... they didn't believe I was pregnant when I called before. and in so many words told me I shouldn't have tested early because I would never have known I was pregnant.

Also, I have my second beta on Tuesdsay after work. The are going to test my progesterone too. I will let you ladies know how it goes!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

May 27th, 2007, 05:39 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
My Dr. said I could take Claritin as long as it was JUST the plain claritin and not the special other formulas they have out there (like claritin D). He also let me take plain benedryl (again the type with just one medication).

I'm in my third trimester though, I don't know if it would be different in your first...

ETA: YAY for still no spotting!!!!

May 27th, 2007, 08:52 AM
AndoriaC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My doc tried to prescribe Zyrtec for me.. but my stupid insurance won't cover it cause it's reallllly expensive. I was told Sudefed for congestion, and Benedryl for the allergies is safe as far as OTC. I think Sudafed is safe during your first tri also, but not sure about Benedryl. Nothing seems to be helping me though - I miss my Allegra!

Click For My Digital Scrapbook Blog</div>
May 27th, 2007, 08:59 AM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
urgh!! I will probably just wait to call my doctor... but I am completely miserable! I hate allergies!! Oh, and I know what you mean by missing the Allegra... I took it last year and it was good stuff!!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

May 27th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
So glad you've had no more spotting!!!!!

As far as the allergies, mine only played up toward the end of my pregnancy, so I'm not sure what you can take in the first trimester. I would ring your local pharmacy and see what they recommend - but make sure you talk to a PHARMACIST who works in the drug part of the pharmacy (not sure how your pharmacy's work over there, but over here there are just certain people who actually deal with the drug part)

May 27th, 2007, 02:48 PM
TanyaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first pregnancy, my Dr. allowed me to take Reactine but only if absolutely necessary. This time, I was told they don't even want me to take Tylenol for anything. He prefers that I stay away from ALL meds.

May 29th, 2007, 07:58 AM
lauraec20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You may already be at the dr by now. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Wanted to tell you that my dr told me that Benedryl is one of the safest OTC medications you can take. I have been taking it sometimes for sleep also. May help your allergies.
May 29th, 2007, 09:14 AM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
Yeah Amanda!!! I don't know anything more than what has been said regarding the allergy medication. My doc also said Plain Claritin!

But I have been thinking about you a lot and have been hoping for all the best!!! That is such terrific news and can't wait to get the update on your tests!!!! WTG little bean!!!

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

May 29th, 2007, 12:06 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I believe they prefer for you to not take anything first trimester if you can stand it. OTC, Benedryl (plain) and Sudafed (plain) are both safe. No extended relief formulas and NO decongestants. Prescription, I was allowed Zyrtec with Alex and Claritin with Ben, and both turned out just fine. You can also get some saline spray to help with the congestion. The higher the concentration of saline, the better. I believe Simply Saline is the highest (and what my allergist recommends). It's good stuff. Non-addicting and you can use it as often as you need to.

Other things to help (that you may already know): have everyone take off shoes as soon as they come in the house to avoid tracking allergens inside, shower before bed so you don't bring airborne allergens to bed with you, vacuum and dust frequently, and avoid opening windows. If you have to be outside for a long period, wear a mask. If you've been outside, particularly playing/working in the yard or picnicking sorts of things, don't sit on your upholstered furniture/beds in those clothes. Shower and change clothes first.

It's miserable, but worth the sacrifice!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search