Irritated by a couple of girls in my DDC...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2007, 08:30 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
...well, mostly one in particular. She's ONE DAY further along than me, and she ALWAYS complains about "how sick" she is of being pregnant. Honestly, she's not even due for another 3 weeks. I can understand women who have had difficult pregnancies (which she hasn't. A couple months ago she was talking about how easy she had had it), girls who are due, or (like me) have had a loss before so they are pregnant for longer before getting their babies.

But honestly. She's got one DD who is older. She's only just over 37 weeks. I really don't feel like she should be complaining MORE than the girls who are 39 weeks or more.

Okay, I'm done. lol

June 2nd, 2007, 06:24 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
((hugs)) Brit. I definately think that having experienced a pregnancy loss, makes you realise just how precious a pregnancy is. Though I was a bit 'over' the pain etc by the time Gaby finally arrived, I don't think I ever once openly complained about it, becuase I felt like if I did that, I would jinx myself... and i knew that once Gaby had arrived, I would miss being pregnant

June 2nd, 2007, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Though I was a bit 'over' the pain etc by the time Gaby finally arrived,[/b]
Yes, but you went 2 weeks overdue, didn't you? I mean, really, you DESERVED to complain then. But this girl is only 37 weeks. She's not even due for another 3 weeks, and she's the worst complainer on the board.

Maybe it's just hormones, but honestly...SO annoying.

June 3rd, 2007, 12:39 AM
Vickey
i understand what you mean....along with my loss I had a difficult pregnancy with tyler and I was so over it by the time I was 37 weeks but darn it I had a right to complain...but I guess those who have it "easy" and are just whinning to whin annoy me too!
June 3rd, 2007, 05:51 AM
What irritates me now is that she thinks her water might be leaking. I hope she's wrong. I hate that I feel this way, but I TOTALLY want her to go overdue. Or at least NOT have her baby before me! I mean, this is my 18th month of pregnancy. I've been incredibly sick both times. I don't complain nearly as much has her. I sort of feel like I deserve my baby first.

I don't know why I make it competition.

Ugh, I just want my baby.

June 3rd, 2007, 11:43 AM
JennO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Brittanie... you just gave me a good chuckle! I *think* I know who you are talking about.... Can you imagine if she was having TWINS!?! LOL!! It is a bit frustrating! I mean, there are ALWAYS people in worse situations. Look at MattsMommy. I feell HORRIBLE that her baby is still in the hospital. It sounds like he is doing well, but that has got to be SO hard. I am sure she would (and she has even said it) be more than happy to have a few aches and pains in hopes of avoiding this extended hospital stay. I feel like I have complained too much as well... at least in the past, but that fact is, I feel better and better as time goes on! I was extremely worried this kid was going to be born too soon (less than 35 weeks) and as each day passes, I think he gets more and more comfy! My DD's birthday is Friday... I hope he doesn't show up that day! (I will be 38 weeks). I think I will be prego until Christmas! Right now, I like reading about everyones new babies. The DDC seems to have exploded! I can't wait to read about Rielle!!! I have definately turned into more of a lurker... Oh well... It is fun!
JennO

June 3rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh! I could barely stand my ddc (sorry susan and melinda!) so many of them hated being pregnant so bad and I counted every day of my pregnancy with leah as a blessing! It was hard to hear them being so negative because they have never experienced a loss!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
June 4th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean Brit.. I also feel like I have been pregnant forever! But I really do feel that we can really say that as it is 2nd consecutive year of being pg! These 18 months pgs are really hard that one could imagine. I am also kinda sick of my DDC as they are making it as a competition to have more number of topics than other DDCs which is sickening to me. When I mentioned that people might have some REAL concerns about the pg, so it might not be a great idea to keep posting new topics for no reason. (like within an hour, 3-4 pages of new posts). One of the girls replied asking me to go find another “Serious” board! She is so mean, she thinks the DDC is her own property or her Granpa’s. I did not really post after I was told to go find another board. She is rude. Someone said it is my pg harmones! Well, what do you girls think? Does it make sense to keep posting for no real reason to have max number of posts from our DDC?

Sorry Brit.. did not really mean to sideline your actual concern. I totally agree that you should have your baby earlier than her! Goodluck!
June 4th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
*hugs* I can totally understand where you're coming from.

I'm still 1st trimester (if I could only just get past that milestone) and you definitely get the complainers about m/s, etc... and all I keep thinking is I would take m/s every day if only to carry a baby to term.

Unfortunately, we are living from an experience(s) that a lot of other women haven't and thankfully so, I wouldn't wish a loss on anybody. But, with that experience comes a difference perspective that those who have not lost will never have. So, I try not to get frustrated with them as much as try to understand where they're coming from. They just have no idea what it's like.

June 4th, 2007, 07:54 AM
So, I've decided that being irritated by her was just taking too much energy, so she's now on the "ignore" list. But we're all allowed to be childish sometimes, huh?

Thanks for helping me not feel like I'm a horrible person for feeling the way I was ladies. It helps!

June 4th, 2007, 10:40 AM
AndoriaC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I know what you mean Brit.. I also feel like I have been pregnant forever! But I really do feel that we can really say that as it is 2nd consecutive year of being pg! These 18 months pgs are really hard that one could imagine. I am also kinda sick of my DDC as they are making it as a competition to have more number of topics than other DDCs which is sickening to me. When I mentioned that people might have some REAL concerns about the pg, so it might not be a great idea to keep posting new topics for no reason. (like within an hour, 3-4 pages of new posts). One of the girls replied asking me to go find another “Serious” board! She is so mean, she thinks the DDC is her own property or her Granpa’s. I did not really post after I was told to go find another board. She is rude. Someone said it is my pg harmones! Well, what do you girls think? Does it make sense to keep posting for no real reason to have max number of posts from our DDC?

Sorry Brit.. did not really mean to sideline your actual concern. I totally agree that you should have your baby earlier than her! Goodluck![/b]
ITA.. I only post serious stuff.. I do occassionaly reply to some of the more *fun* posts.. but it really irritates me when I post something serious, and then see it quickly slide to page 2 in there. I have made some complaints about how my pregnancy is progressing - but I still am thankful every day that I am still pregnant and despite what is going on with ME, the baby has always looked and sounded healthy. I can't believe someone replied like that to you. I know that others have expressed concerns and asked for the "fluff" to be moved to a subforum.. but no one ever listens to that.

And Brit.. I hope Rielle is born first, too! Only 3 more days! Maybe she can just cross her legs until Friday???

Click For My Digital Scrapbook Blog</div>
June 4th, 2007, 12:37 PM
missmindy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can totally feel you Brit! I can't imagine having to go through what you went through and then listen to all the petty stuff. I do hope you have your baby before she does, and I hope everything goes well for you!

On the other hand, being on an active board has been kind of fun. It's getting tired of hearing about everyone being so done with being PG. But I have to admit I feel that way alot. I don't do pregnancy real well. I don't enjoy it, I rarely feel well, it pretty much is 38-39 weeks of suckage. BUT, I LOVE MY CHILDREN. Which means it's all worth it in the end. I feel sad for my previous loss, but at the same time, I can't wait for this one to be done and able to come out. I guess I just don't post it 10 times a day .
June 4th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Spotis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ahh, Brit - what you're saying totally makes sense. It's just plain annoying to hear someone whine about how hard they have it, when they don't even know what hard is. Every time I want to complain, I try to remind myself of how grateful I am to be in this position. I get annoyed with my due date club for different reasons too. Some days I just stay away all together.

Quote:
I know what you mean Brit.. I also feel like I have been pregnant forever! But I really do feel that we can really say that as it is 2nd consecutive year of being pg! These 18 months pgs are really hard that one could imagine. I am also kinda sick of my DDC as they are making it as a competition to have more number of topics than other DDCs which is sickening to me. When I mentioned that people might have some REAL concerns about the pg, so it might not be a great idea to keep posting new topics for no reason. (like within an hour, 3-4 pages of new posts). One of the girls replied asking me to go find another “Serious” board! She is so mean, she thinks the DDC is her own property or her Granpa’s. I did not really post after I was told to go find another board. She is rude. Someone said it is my pg harmones! Well, what do you girls think? Does it make sense to keep posting for no real reason to have max number of posts from our DDC?[/b]
Ammi - I share your sentiments. I'm in the same DDC and I found it annoying when the board was trying to post as many topics as possible to be #1. It makes the board move way too fast. I missed the conversation where someone suggested you find a "serious" board or that it's your pregnancy hormones. I would have had a comment if I had read that. That's so rude.

Nolan John turns 2 on 8/28/09
Thank you Jessica for the siggy!
June 4th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I dislike the idea of posting just to have posts. It's dumb, and it doesn't help anything. June DDC has four game threads that we've gotten a lot of posts on and I think that's why we were #2. But it just happened to be that way, we didn't TRY.

Ammi, I'm so sorry someone told you that. It's completely uncalled for!!

Right now I don't care if that girl has her baby first. I'll have mine on Thursday and that's all that matters.

June 5th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I dislike the idea of posting just to have posts. It's dumb, and it doesn't help anything. June DDC has four game threads that we've gotten a lot of posts on and I think that's why we were #2. But it just happened to be that way, we didn't TRY.

Ammi, I'm so sorry someone told you that. It's completely uncalled for!!

Right now I don't care if that girl has her baby first. I'll have mine on Thursday and that's all that matters.[/b]
Well, I know it is really dumb and that's exactly what I tried to tell them but in a different way. I will post the link to that thread (if I find it ) because it might be buried somewhere! Aw, I stopped posting in my DDC for the time being.

Anyways, I am so excited for you Brit! Just 2 more days to go, including today until you hold Rielle in your arms! wow... I can't wait to get there. Good luck honey.

Angelsmom and Spotis, Thanks for being supportive!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search