Back from ultrasound

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Super Mommy
I'm still not sure if everything is ok or not after the ultrasound. I guess the good news is they didn't say it was over or anything. When she first started, all I saw was an empty sac and I almost started crying. She looked around for a few minutes without saying anything. Finally she said that she saw the sac and the yolk sac, but couldn't see a heartbeat. She didn't mention the fetal pole. She measured the sac and said it measured 5 weeks 3 days (I am 6 weeks). After searching some more, she then claimed that she saw a flashing blip that was the heartbeat. I honestly saw nothing, but Ryan said he saw it where she was pointing. I don't know though.

The dr said that it was really too soon to know for sure, but that the yolk sac looked good and that was a good sign. I told her I thought I might have ovulated a couple of days later the cd14 so that could explain why I was measuring a bit behind and she said that was good news. But in the end she said that we were doing everything we could (with the progesterone, etc) and that we would just have to hope for the best. She was nice about it, but I don't know how to feel. I was really hoping for something more concrete. But I knew that 6 weeks was awfully early and that it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad not to see more at 6 weeks.

Anyway, I have another ultrasound scheduled for a week from Monday. So I guess I just have to wait for then to know more.
June 6th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Veteran
Hang in there Aimeen! If they did actually see a heartbeat, that's a great thing. You'll know much more at your next u/s. Try to stay calm and good luck. I'll be thinking of you!!!
June 6th, 2007, 02:37 PM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
I agree!!! I didn't see a h/b even at 7 weeks, so you may just have a little bean who is taking his time!!! Try to keep yourself busy for a week...although I know there is little else you can think about!!

We'll be thinking of you and I hope you get nothing but good news in a week!!!

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

June 6th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
there is still so much time for stuff to happen(good things, growth,hb etc)..even in the next 2 weeks..hang in there sweety..what you seen today is very promising!!!
June 6th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I'm sorry that you don't feel much more positive after your ultrasound! I have never had an early ultrasound for this reason alone... I am such a stressful pregnant woman, that I knew I couldn't handle having a scan and not having any concrete information coming from it. BUT i am pretty sure they wouldn't have said they saw a h/b if they weren't SURE they had seen it! Measuring 5w3d when you are 6w doesn't really mean anything bad - like you said you could have ovulated later, or you could have implanted later! The next scan you have will give you a much more accurate picture, and i would imagine there would definately be a heartbeat visible by then?

I'm keeping you in my thoughts hun, i know how hard the waiting is during pregnancy - especially between scan's, but try to think positive.. though i know that's a lot easier said than done after you've experienced pregnancy loss/es... We are all here for you, so vent away whenever you need to!

June 7th, 2007, 07:44 AM
lauraec20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you did not get much reassurance from your u/s. Hopefully, everything is fine. I hope the time flies for you until you next u/s. Hang in there!!!
June 7th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it is just too early to see the h/b, everything is going to be alright. Try not to worry much about it and keep up the positive thoughts! Good luck.
June 7th, 2007, 12:23 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
hang in there I know its hard, I bet next week will be alot better. Hugs!
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search