I am pregnant again, but...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
Hi girls, First off congratulations to you all! I was hoping to join you happily but I am afraid I might not. Here is my story. I got pg fo the first time in February. I thought all was good until I went in for my 8 week u/s and the sac measured 5 1/2 weeks. We waited another two weeks and went in for another to be sure (the worst two weeks of my life!) and saw the same empty black hole. I had only started spotting a little by then so I opted for a D&C. That was done on April 3rd. I got my first Af on May 5th and got pg again this cycle. I got my BFP on Saturday and this time my OB wanted to draw labs. Monday (15 DPO) my progesterone was good at 19.9 and HCG was 53. Yesterday I had my HCG drawn again and it was only 55. Instead of doubling it only went up 2! I am getting both the progesterone and HCG drawn again on Monday and I guess then I will know for sure if I have lost this one too. I am completely heartbroken. I never thought the first one would happen to me...let alone another one! My OB said it could be a lab error because she rarely sees a good progesterone and a bad HCG rise. I am not sure what to think. I have read that this could mean just an early loss or ectopic. Anyone here have experience with this???? Any advice or information would be appreciated. TIA!!!
June 7th, 2007, 07:27 AM
lauraec20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't really know anything about the numbers. I just wanted to say that I hope everything works out for you. I hope you do get to join us here (if not now, then very soon).
June 7th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do not know much about the levels of HCG honey... You will be in my prayers, hope everything will be alright and it might just be a lab error as your OB mentioned. I do not know much because I lost my baby after 38 weeks after a healthy pregnancy. Good luck! Keep us posted.
June 7th, 2007, 07:50 AM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
So sorry for what you are going through!!! I think the first trimester is the hardest for those of us who have had an early loss!!! Although, it is hard all the way through!!

As a graduate of the ttc after a loss board, I occasionally lurk there and saw your BFP post!!!

Your numbers are within the normal range for your stage, but the non-doubling number is the worrisome part as you have said. I would wait and see what your numbers are on Monday!!! I doubt your doc would say "lab error" unless it was completely possible....and it is....believe me I know ALL about errors!!! So give yourself some time before you start thinking the worst!! I do know it is hard but I am sending lots of hope your way!!!

Please keep us posted, I would sure like you to stay and join us!!! Hang in there!!

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

June 7th, 2007, 08:38 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
Don't give up hope. I know it is hard to stay positive. I can't believe you have to wait until Monday. Hopefully it was just a test error. Will keep you in my T&Ps over the weekend.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

June 7th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I'm sorry that you're having this scare right now. I do agree with your doctor that the nice high progesterone number with the non doubling HCG is a bit abnormal. Are you on any progesterone supplements? I will be hoping for this to have been a lab error and that Monday brings you good news!

June 7th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
good luck sweety..i hope the next time your hcg is super high! also, sometimes it can take 72-96 hours from the hcg to double..i wish you the best!!
June 7th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
Thanks girls. I have my moments where I try to stay positive but also moments where I just burst into tears. I HATE waiting! At least I don't have to wait two weeks like last time.

Quote:
Don't give up hope. I know it is hard to stay positive. I can't believe you have to wait until Monday. Hopefully it was just a test error. Will keep you in my T&Ps over the weekend.[/b]
They wanted me to wait until Wednesday!!! I couldn't wait a week so the let me decide if I wanted to do it on Monday and of course I said yes!

Quote:
I'm sorry that you're having this scare right now. I do agree with your doctor that the nice high progesterone number with the non doubling HCG is a bit abnormal. Are you on any progesterone supplements? I will be hoping for this to have been a lab error and that Monday brings you good news![/b]
No I am not on progesterone because it was high enough on Monday. I wouldn't think progesterone would drop off fast enough to cause a loss in just two days would you?

UUUGGHHH I just need to stop overanalyzing everything!!
June 8th, 2007, 05:53 AM
AndoriaC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully it was a lab error and you'll have good news about your test on Monday. You will be in my T&P this weekend!

Click For My Digital Scrapbook Blog</div>
June 9th, 2007, 03:30 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
I am sorry you having to go through all this stress. I wouldn't take to much stock in numbers though. My numbers were great with the last baby I lost so it shows even good numbers don't mean anything.

I wish you all the best and I hope everything turns out just fine soon. Lots of hugs!
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

June 9th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I am keeping you in my thoughts, and hoping that it does turn out to be a lab error!!!! ((Hugs))

June 10th, 2007, 02:34 AM
maddie02's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH, I hope it's just a lab error!! Good luck and keep us updated.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search