Question about morning sickness...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2007, 07:58 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First off I have to say... I have mornning sickness!! This is the farthest I have gotten and I have a u/s on Tuesday!! I have had spotting, but I am pretty nauseated so hopefully that is a good sign!!

Anyway... I guess I have "morning sickness" but I think it should be called All Day sickness. I haven't vomitted or anything, I just feel sick all day long. It might go away for a little while and then it hits again. Right now I can't seem to stand my own saliva. I am pretty lucky because I work in a school and I am on summer break. But all I have done for the past few days is to lay around and watch tv. DH is a teacher and is also on summer break and I feel bad for him because I am not much fun. Just making sure this is normal. I am eating ok... sometimes I feel better after I eat... sometimes I don't. So I am not worried about the baby getting enough nourishment. I just feel pretty useless right now because I am always feeling sick. My house is a mess. I was just putting dishes away and had to stop because I needed to lay down.

Please tell me I am normal??

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

June 9th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
first of all - CONGRATULATIONS on making it to the 6 week mark!!!! There is nothing nicer than passing your previous loss gestations!!! I remember when I was 5w4d, which is how far along I was when I miscarried - i woke up with spotting! OMG, I freaked out big time and lay on the couch and cried. But it was just a random one off event, and when I woke up on the morning that I was 5w5d, still pregnant, it was such an exciting time for me!

Quote:
Anyway... I guess I have "morning sickness" but I think it should be called All Day sickness[/b]
Lol ALL DAY SICKNESS seems to be a very common thing in early pregnancy! I personally didn't have 'all day sickness', I would vomit within 5 minutes of getting up in the morning, and then within 3 minutes of my last bite of my dinner! So so so bizarre how it was at the same time each morning & night! Anyway - having all day nausea is a great sign of those pregnancy hormones doing their thing!

Quote:
I am eating ok... sometimes I feel better after I eat... sometimes I don't. So I am not worried about the baby getting enough nourishment[/b]
I am glad you're able to eat! I am normally a total pig, and eat and eat and eat, but during my pregnancy with Gaby I just couldn't stand to eat. I don't know what it was but I had to force myself to eat - even my usual favourite foods! The worry isn't so much about the baby getting enough nourishment, because they will suck away all the nutrients they need, before your body starts breaking them down for you to use - so the worry is more with the pregnant mother not getting all the nourishment SHE needs..... I hate the way people say that an embryo/fetus is like a parasite, but I guess it really is true. They are pretty cute parasites though!

Quote:
I just feel pretty useless right now because I am always feeling sick. My house is a mess. I was just putting dishes away and had to stop because I needed to lay down[/b]
((hugs)) All I was able to do while I was in the first trimester was lie on the couch & watch TV. I don't know how I managed to get through the days where I had to work, but as soon as I got home from work, I would be blobbed out on the couch, looking at all the housework that needed to be done, but unable to find the energy to do it. I really understand what fatigue & just feeling 'blah' is about now. I'm sure your hubby understands - at the end of the day YOU and that little bubba in your belly are the most important thing - not the state of your house! (but I do understand how it feels when you feel so useless & like you're not pulling your weight around the house)

Quote:
Please tell me I am normal??[/b]
you sound VERY NORMAL to me!

June 10th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
aw congrats on getting this far sweety!! good luck at your ultrasound and it's great your feeling sick..sucks i know but its a great sign!!!!!
June 10th, 2007, 09:40 AM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YEAHHHH!! I can't wait until Tuesday. Feeling sooo sick has to be a good sign. I have never felt this sick before.

Thanks ladies for your responses!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

June 10th, 2007, 09:43 AM
prush02's Avatar Veteran
My m/s didn't kick in until 8 weeks this time. I am also a teacher and have the summer off and I feel like a lazy slob. I think it is probably because we are used to just going full blast all day. My dishes were piled up and I begged my hubby to do them. He still has to go to work everyday I am so far behind in laundry, cleaning, etc.... You are not alone. I feel the exact same way!

thanks Duckie for my siggie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search