First appointment and u/s on Tuesday...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2007, 04:26 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, my first appointment and u/s are almost here! Just curious what will happen at the u/s... what will they do, what can I expect to see. Also, what happens at your first OB appointment? I can't wait till Tuesday... I hope everything will be ok. I just went to a friend's baby shower and I couldn't help but wonder if I will ever get to that point.

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

June 10th, 2007, 05:51 PM
prush02's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Well, my first appointment and u/s are almost here! Just curious what will happen at the u/s... what will they do, what can I expect to see. Also, what happens at your first OB appointment? I can't wait till Tuesday... I hope everything will be ok. I just went to a friend's baby shower and I couldn't help but wonder if I will ever get to that point.[/b]

YEA!! I know you are so excited. You can expect a vaginal u/s.. FUN... They are not painful, just a bit uncomfortable if you are modest. I think my husband turned red when they pulled the stick out and covered it with a huge condom. He was like, " You are going to put that where".... It was funny.

You should be able to see the fetal pole and sac and your little bean, ( not much bigger than a piece of rice and a little flicker that is the heartbeat). I always have my ultrasound first and then see the doc. The tech will be able to measure your sac and the baby. They also looked at my ovaries. The doc usually sets your due date, but they always change.. I hope you have a great ultrasound.

thanks Duckie for my siggie
June 10th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Kristin143's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristin143
Quote:
Well, my first appointment and u/s are almost here! Just curious what will happen at the u/s... what will they do, what can I expect to see. Also, what happens at your first OB appointment? I can't wait till Tuesday... I hope everything will be ok. I just went to a friend's baby shower and I couldn't help but wonder if I will ever get to that point.[/b]
Aww congrats! Dont be worried if you dont see a heart beat at this US .. With Zack they did not even see a FP on the U/S just the sac (at 6weeks) they told me to come back in two weeks and make sure everything was ok.. So *try* not to stress every baby goes at its own flow (kwim?)

I know here the first OB appt they ask if you have any questions (for the frist 10 weeks i had HCG done every few days to make sure everything looked good with my numbers). I had to do a pee test (to make sure i was preg) then the doc went threw any questions i had and said "see you in a few weeks" the blood work was done by the RN soo i did not see my doc for another 4 weeks..

Im sure everything iwll be fine good luck and like i said try not to stress to much
June 10th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congratulations on making it this far!!! I'm so excited for you!

The first appointment is quite boring, your doctor/ob/mw will just ask you lots of questions about your medical history, family history, blah blah... I know that every appt i had with my m/w i had to pee on a urinalysis stick, and that was really as far as anything physical went!

I haven't had an early scan, but from what I know they will be look for the fetal pole, h/b and sac, your baby will look like a tiny bean - a very cute tiny bean! And it is quite possible that they will do a vaginal, over a transabdominal ultrasound.... BEST OF LUCK!

June 11th, 2007, 05:55 AM
cassiek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my first U/S they did a date check and then checked to see if there was a heartbeat and also a fetal pole. This was also a vaginal U/S for me.

At my appointment they went theu medical history and family history. Also my Dr went over how the U/S looked as well.

Good Luck hun!! I know that you will have a great appt.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search