Pregnant after 2 m/c's

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
On September 10th I took an HPT and got a BFP!! I was thrilled but really scared after having a m/c in December and then June. I had my first HCG level which was 151, then a second which was 299 and then my dr wanted one more which came back at 670 (all tests were 48 hours apart) My dr was happy with the third level and I have my first u/s scheduled on the 30th! I'm so afraid to get attached or be happy after everything we've been through. I believe I'm about 5 weeks and nervous also because of my lack of symptoms. My boobs are tender on the outside by my arms and my nipples are sore but other then that I feel like myself which scares me so much!! Did you all get m/s or symptoms really early on? Thanks!!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
September 18th, 2005, 04:22 PM
JennL
Hi Hillary, and huge congratulations!! I too had a m/c last Dec, and this past May - and am currently a little over 14 weeks, so I can completely relate to how you're feeling The doctor swears that we're going to be taking home a baby next March and that this time everything is going great, so we're keeping our fingers crossed.

I didn't realize I was pregnant until around 6-7 weeks, but the first thing I remember is the really tender boobs/nipples. Not too much else in the way of symptoms - not until around 8 weeks, when the all-day nausea started

Here's sending you a truckload of sticky dust! Please keep us posted on your next appt

~Jenn
September 19th, 2005, 05:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by JennL@Sep 18 2005, 06:22 PM
Hi Hillary, and huge congratulations!! * I too had a m/c last Dec, and this past May - and am currently a little over 14 weeks, so I can completely relate to how you're feeling * The doctor swears that we're going to be taking home a baby next March and that this time everything is going great, so we're keeping our fingers crossed.

I didn't realize I was pregnant until around 6-7 weeks, but the first thing I remember is the really tender boobs/nipples.* Not too much else in the way of symptoms - not until around 8 weeks, when the all-day nausea started*

Here's sending you a truckload of sticky dust! Please keep us posted on your next appt

~Jenn
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Jenn,
You have just made me feel much better - it seems like everyone in the May DDC is already having full blown symptoms so I'm so worried and convinced that something is wrong again. It's nice to hear about women that didn't have symptoms right away. I am only about 5 weeks but am scared that I'm alone with not having symptoms. The boob and nipple thing is all I have right now also - thank you and good luck to you too!!
Hillary

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
September 19th, 2005, 07:01 AM
JennL
Hi Hillary -

I honestly drove myself (& my DH!) nuts for the first couple of weeks - I kept pressing on my boobs to make sure that they were still sore and I wasn't imagining it (fortunately not in public )! But I was afraid because I wasn't throwing up or anything - then about a week later I was wishing that I hadn't wanted pregnancy symptoms so bad......lol.

Your hcg levels look great so far! That was really all I had to go by in the beginning as well, and it was torture waiting for my 1st appt. When do you go back to the doc's?

~Jenn
September 19th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Jenn,
Thank you so much for writing - you are being a lifesaver!! My first u/s is on September 30th so I still have like 2 weeks to go and the wait will kill me!! I agree that I'm driving myself nuts and my boobs probably hurt from me poking them!! I'm glad I'm not alone and it doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong with me. Thanks for your help and for thinking good thoughts for me!!! Same to you of course!

[/url]
September 19th, 2005, 07:28 AM
Veteran
Congrats Hillary!!!!!!!!

I've been checking in here off and on to see how things were going for you! This is so exciting!

I know how you are feeling - scared to be excited. I'll continue to keep you and baby in my prayers!

Yeah!!!!

September 29th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally posted by he910@Sep 19 2005, 09:07 AM
Jenn,
Thank you so much for writing - you are being a lifesaver!!* My first u/s is on September 30th so I still have like 2 weeks to go and the wait will kill me!! I agree that I'm driving myself nuts and my boobs probably hurt from me poking them!! I'm glad I'm not alone and it doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong with me.* Thanks for your help and for thinking good thoughts for me!!!* Same to you of course!
[/quote]
Hello, I have never written a thing on the internet, but had to reply to this (if I am even doing it right). I am 38 years old, a little over 5 weeks pregnant with my (hopefully) seventh child. I have lost two boys at 15 weeks, twin girls at 10 weeks, and had an early m/c two months ago, and I too am driving myself crazy - it was the whole boob poking thing that made me laugh because I probably have been doing it in public. Anyway, you are not alone and I wish you and everyone else here the best.
September 30th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Regular
[FONT=Arial] Hey, I have had 3 miscarriages and I'm pregnant again. Yeah, I'm nervous and afraid of all that could go wrong so I went out and rented one of those fetal dopplers. It is making me feel a whole lot better. I rented it from www.babysheart.com and I just can't express all of the anxiety, and stress that it is releaving!! They are not expensive and just very handy. I started renting it when I was about 8 weeks pregnant. I love it!! Being able to hear my baby's heartbeat and knowing that it is healthy just tickles my soul. I hope I helped!!
Mrs. Martin
Quote:
Originally posted by he910@Sep 18 2005, 05:44 PM
On September 10th I took an HPT and got a BFP!! I was thrilled but really scared after having a m/c in December and then June.* I had my first HCG level which was 151, then a second which was 299 and then my dr wanted one more which came back at 670 (all tests were 48 hours apart) My dr was happy with the third level and I have my first u/s scheduled on the 30th!* I'm so afraid to get attached or be happy after everything we've been through.* I believe I'm about 5 weeks and nervous also because of my lack of symptoms.* My boobs are tender on the outside by my arms and my nipples are sore but other then that I feel like myself which scares me so much!! Did you all get m/s or symptoms really early on? Thanks!!
[/quote]
October 20th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by he910@Sep 18 2005, 05:44 PM
On September 10th I took an HPT and got a BFP!! I was thrilled but really scared after having a m/c in December and then June.* I had my first HCG level which was 151, then a second which was 299 and then my dr wanted one more which came back at 670 (all tests were 48 hours apart) My dr was happy with the third level and I have my first u/s scheduled on the 30th!* I'm so afraid to get attached or be happy after everything we've been through.* I believe I'm about 5 weeks and nervous also because of my lack of symptoms.* My boobs are tender on the outside by my arms and my nipples are sore but other then that I feel like myself which scares me so much!! Did you all get m/s or symptoms really early on? Thanks!!
[/quote]
Don't worry, we've miscarried twice before and this time around we were worried but now we're at 12 weeks and we've heard the baby's heartbeat. You just have to be patient, and hope for the best. Everyone has different experiences, so just because you have lighter symptoms than someone else don't let that worry you.

-Best of luck, RP

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search