great, great, great

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Emily!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Emily! Send a message via Yahoo to Emily!
Sorry I haven't been around girls. I'm here and I DO check up on everyone's posts- I just don't talk much. Congratulations to all of the girls who've had babies! It freaks me out because I'm not that far away myself!

Yesterday morning I woke up with what I'm assuming is/was a cold. My nose was stuffed up beyond belief, I lost count of how many times I sneezed and I generally felt like crap. I had to lay down in bed with a towel underneath me so that I didn't soak my bed every time I sneezed. I ordered in one of my favorite Mexican foods (Mole!!) and could barely taste it. All I could do was take plenty of Vitamin C and some Benadryl. Bummer. My shower is Saturday. I feel better today, but I have to work. I hope I don't need to wear a diaper myself. My nose is raw. Blahhhhhh. I hope all the Vitamin C I took yesterday helped ward it off.

I've got a doctor's appointment today. Not expecting anything too exciting. My little brat is moving around a lot lately and even makes her presence known while I'm running around at work (I'm a waitress). She gets the hiccups a lot. After the doctor's appointment, we have to drive an hour away to drop of DSD's basketball uniform that she left in our car as she has a game tonight. Right after that, work. Again, BLAHHHHHHHHH. Tomorrow I need a haircut, manicure and pedicure. Alright I don't need those last two but considering I haven't had either yet in this pregnancy I think I deserve them. I'm curious as to who is going to show up at my shower. Speaking of which, I have to shower. Can you believe that I STILL don't have a name for this baby?! Naming is a lot of work. Especially for someone as stubborn/ indecisive as me. Yeah, this post is everywhere. I should just get in the shower.
October 11th, 2007, 09:45 AM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I don't think we'll come up with a name until the last minute. That's what we did last time. Actually we decided when the nurse came in the delivery room and asked our babies name. Dh and I just stopped and stared at each other and I told the nurse Annika Leigh( this was DH's pick). So no hurry...at least have an idea.

Hope the shower goes great and you get everything you need.
October 11th, 2007, 07:23 PM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Geez girl, you are almost done! I didn't realize it for some reason, maybe because I haven't seen much of you lately!
October 13th, 2007, 01:49 PM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
Your getting so close!!! How exciting.

We didn't have an "official" name for this baby until I was being wheeled into the OR. Then DH leans over and says...."So it's going to be Strasi right?" I wasn't crazy about the name and knew everybody would have an opinion and of course let me know! At first I "blamed" it on all the drugs....but quite frankly I love the name now and everybody can keep their opinions to themselves!!!

Anyhow, hope you feel better and I hope you had a great shower!!! Let us know how it went....and of course all the good stuff you got! Have fun...you deserve it!

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

October 13th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry ou have a horrible cold! I hope your shower went well today. You will have to update us w/ everything you got. You are so close sweetie. Hang in there.

October 19th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Emily!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Emily! Send a message via Yahoo to Emily!
The shower went GREAT! DH and I FINALLY polished off the cake today. Yes, today. MIL bought it and maybe it's that she's Polish but she TOTALLY over ordered on cake. My Best Friend and My Mother hosted the shower but MIL was insistent on getting the cake. I got a bunch of stuff that I needed. LOTS of blankets. Can you believe I only got ONE pack of onesies though?! I got plenty of sleepers. I think people took into account that the baby is due in the winter or something. I'll try to post some pics of my haul soon.

Whatever I had ended up being a one and a half day bug or something because although my pregnant azz had to wait on a table of 35 that night, I felt fine. I had the busboys do all of the heavy lifting of trays and such.

We had decided on a name (for the most part) a while ago but after catching flack for it ( you know what I'm talking about then, Jenifer) it left me weary. All of my family reinforced my opinion so I'm about 75% sure that my daughter's name will be Eleanor Frances. What can I say? I've always been fond of the older names. DH didn't care for Eleanor that much but A- He likes the nickname- "Ellie" and B- I buttered him up by using his mothers name as the middle name. 2nd name in the running is Madeline. Probably Eleanor though.

Anyway, I think that's it for now.
October 20th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear you were able to fight off that nasty bug for the most part. Yeah for great showers! Somehow having a shower makes everything seem all that more real. I like your name choices. Good luck with the final decision. Naming a child is so intimidating because it's something that will stick with them forever and a lot of thought goes into. You'll just know the name once you decide, and who cares what people think.
October 20th, 2007, 07:45 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like your shower went great! They are so so much fun. I can't wait until mine. I agree with Nicole about naming your baby. I've learned to take what people say with a grain of sand. Not everyone is going to like what you choose and I'm sure you don't like what other people choose sometimes. I think that's okay and to be expected. You just go with your heart.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search