Log In Sign Up

Update


Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
October 16th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Veteran
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 156
Well I went to the OB today to have cervix checked. As you may remember, w/ twins, my doc checks every 2 weeks. Well the last measurement my cervix was 3.2, which was great, however, today it was 1.8. Not so good. The doc still wasn't real concerned. I'm still not on bedrest. He said to take it easy and my only restrictions is no prolonged standing and no lifting heavy objects and sit rather than stand and lay rather than sit. Plus now I have to go in next week. I'm assuming if it doesn't get any longer than I'll be going in every week.

So has anyone else had this type of thing happen? Doc said there's a 20% chance I'll go into labor before 35 weeks and 80% chance that i won't. I just really want to carry full term and obviously the longer the better. I'm 28 weeks tomorrow, so it's way too early. Any help, advice, or feel good stories would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
October 16th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Posts: 56,619
I hope that it doesn't get any shorter for as long a time as possible!!!! I'm glad your ob is keeping a close eye on you though, that's really good to hear...

sending lots of STAY PUT VIBES to your bubs!
__________________






Reply With Quote
  #3  
October 17th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 43,568
More stay-put vibes from me! I have nothing else to add though.

Good luck!

__________________
Thanks to babydoll213 for the siggy! My kids' blog Cora's blog


Reply With Quote
  #4  
October 17th, 2007, 07:47 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas, Oregon
Posts: 7,100
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I wish I could give you some input but I really haven't been through this...Saying a little prayer that everything stays where it should be.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
October 18th, 2007, 07:58 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,610
I'm sure it's so scary to be in your position. Everything is more complicated when you have two babies to worry about and try to keep inside for as long as possible. Thank you for updating us.
__________________

~Stacey






Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

Reply With Quote
  #6  
October 18th, 2007, 08:07 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 18,590
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
We have had a lot of girls in my ddc with a shortened cervix like that, two of them delivered early. Babies are doing great though. All of our other mommies are still hanging in there and we are in the 34-38 week range. We have had 3 of our 5 twin mommies deliver already...one of them having the shortened cervix (born at 32 weeks). But, all of those babies are doing fantastic. Hang in there mommy!
__________________
-Lindsay



Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!





Reply With Quote
  #7  
October 18th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,657
Hang in there and make sure you follow drs orders and stay off your feet. I hope your little guy stays in there longer!
__________________
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy
Reply With Quote
  #8  
October 18th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9,076
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
try to hang in there and stay positive..i will keep you and your baby in my t&p's! if dr. doesnt seem concerned, hold onto that!
__________________
<div align="center">
</div>
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:45 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0