Update on Me...35.5 weeks!!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2007, 09:22 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
I don't think I have really posted about myself here since the early days of this pregnancy. Too busy reading everybody else's stories and such. I was just thinking the other day about what a wild ride this year has been. A year ago, I was STILL recovering from my August 25 D&C, will be a year this weekend when I stopped bleeding finally. In a strange way I feel somewhat thankful to have experienced that kind of loss (I know how twisted that sounds), because it has made me realize what is really important in life, how very precious and special a pregnancy/child is and how badly I wanted to be a mother. I can't believe that most likely I have less than a month before this baby is here! What a joyous day!

So, I had my last "2 week" appointment yesterday, down to every week now! I NEVER thought this day would be here! I had my GBS test done, not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Will find out next week whether or not it was positive. My precious little pumpkin is still breech, though no surprise to me. My bladder is quite aware of the feet kicking it and the head protruding into my lung cavity! So, if we are still breech next week, my doctor is going to go ahead and schedule a c-section, which will probably be around the week of Nov 12th. If the baby turns before the date, we will just cancel...but it isn't looking good as each day goes by...though it could still happen!

I was really upset at the prospect of a c-section at first, being that it is my first and I won't be able to have a VBAC where I live. But, I am over it, come to terms and feel comfortable with the situation now.

I am also going in for non-stress tests twice a week, due to gestational diabetes (which my doctor is skeptical I even have, as well as I). Just a precaution. The tests are kinda fun...getting to see the HB on the monitor and hear it beating away for 20-30 minutes.

Anyway, that is that. I am so thankful for JM and all of you ladies. Without you all...I would be so in the dark with everything that has happened to my body in the past year.

You all are fantastic!!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

October 18th, 2007, 12:06 PM
AndoriaC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had to do the weekly NSTs also as a precaution. Other than it being a pain to have to drive to the hospital and sit there for an hour once a week, I enjoyed listening to the baby's heart beat, too!

Glad to hear everything's going well for you! I can't wait to read about your baby's birth in a few weeks!!!

Click For My Digital Scrapbook Blog</div>
October 18th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been meaning to tell you how much I LOVE your tummy in your siggy. Very cute and creative! I can totally understand how you appreciate your loss for what it taught it you. I know that when I finally do get to hold my baby in my arms I will be so, so grateful for every minute that I can hold him/her, for every dirty diaper, for every sleepless night. I don't think I would have been as grateful if I didn't experience lossing a baby that I wanted so badly.

I am very glad you are feeling comfortable with your c-section and I am sorry that baby is kicking in you in the bladder and resting his/her head on your lungs. Is this what I have to look forward too? LOL! I can't wait to see your baby. It's almost time!
October 18th, 2007, 05:05 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're in the homestretch now, girl! I bet you are so very excited to be having your baby so soon. I'm sorry that your baby is breech. Like I said in another thread, mine is transverse and doesn't seem like she wants to turn either. You'll have to fill me in on how your c-section goes if I have to have one too. I can't wait to hear the sex of your baby and what you name him or her!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

October 18th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
i can totally understand what you meant with how you feel about your loss. it makes my sweet boy so much more special.

i can't believe your little one will be here in just a few short weeks..WOW..im so excited for you, you and brandon are going to be wonderful parents and i cannot wait to see that beautiful little baby!! Im also dying to know what it is!!!! Enjoy these last few weeks of those kicks..it would be great if the baby would turn but to have an end date and know when your surgery and little one will be here is also very exciting!! good luck linds!!

i LOVE the pumpkin belly btw! its the best one i have ever seen!!
October 19th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks ladies!!! I will keep you updated!

P.S. My husband actually painted the pumpkin...lol. He kept getting frustrated, it was funny.

October 20th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love your new siggy! It is adorable! I can't believe you are so close to delivering! Time has flown by. Geez, I just remember you being 20 weeks. Where did the other 15 weeks go? I can't wait to see this cute baby!

October 20th, 2007, 09:54 PM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
You know it just hit me after reading your post.

All along I have been saying how easy this baby is. He was preemie...and so he slept for most of his first month....but he crys and is up every 2.5 hours each night and has LOTS of poopie diapers and I can hardly go anywhere without having to worry about where I will be when he needs to eat next....but this baby is the easiest by far. Now I have been thinking that it is because I am a BTDT (many times) mom and the other kids are all at school and so I have the mornings to myself....and all that is certainly true.

But bottom line....after my m/c I am so grateful to have this little boy. I cherish every moment and every poopie diaper and just am amazed I have him. He came very close to being my second m/c....as the doctor gave me cytotec (a medication to induce a m/c) and so I thank God that he is actually here.

It is true....after a loss everything becomes just that much sweeter!!!

Way to go hun....you are in the home stretch now. Enjoy that little bundle in your belly. I'm missing being pg!!!!

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

October 21st, 2007, 12:06 PM
Can&#39;tWait2BAMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Yay Lindsay only 1 more month!!! I'm so excited for you!

October 22nd, 2007, 08:36 AM
cymple's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I teared up reading this because I can totally relate - I am so grateful for this pregnancy to have gone as it has and know just how precious it is after my loss. I was scared I wouldn't ever get here. Of course I am still scared, knowing that anything can still happen, but feel so blessed.

I just realized (or maybe re-realized) how close together our losses were (mine was Sept 3rd) - I'm glad we could share a DDC together too.

Hopefully that little one has a surprise for you and will turn, but either way, I know everything is going to be fine and you will be such a great mommy! Congrats on everything!

Check out Drew & Eliza's blog: http://drewandeliza.blogspot.com
October 22nd, 2007, 09:48 AM
Quote:
I just realized (or maybe re-realized) how close together our losses were (mine was Sept 3rd) - I'm glad we could share a DDC together too. [/b]
I think we were both in the March 07 DDC...though I think we missed each other by a few days. I am so happy for you and I cannot wait to meet Mr. Drew!

October 23rd, 2007, 07:54 AM
cymple's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I think we were both in the March 07 DDC...though I think we missed each other by a few days. I am so happy for you and I cannot wait to meet Mr. Drew![/b]
Yep, you're right - the March 07 DDC... wow. It's been a road to get here but look how close we are now! Yay ... I too cannot wait to meet Bailey or Everett (though I'm saying it will be Bailey! )

Check out Drew & Eliza's blog: http://drewandeliza.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search