Backache and cramping

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH has told me I am not allowed to get out of bed today. Yesterday I felt awful at work and on the way home my back started hurting SO much. When I got home I started cramping and feeling pressure. I am really scared but I don't know what to do. DH wants to go to the ER and I keep having to talk him out of it. When I lost Hannah at nine weeks I was bleeding a lot and they sent me home. They aren't going to do anything for me. I am not bleeding at all (thank God) not even a twing of color. It actually stops hurting when I am laying down. I will definetly call my dr on Monday but I don't really know what to do in the mean time, other then lay here and think about how I don't think I can go through another loss. Any advice? What should I do? I feel so helpless.
October 20th, 2007, 10:47 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It seems like I have heard that dehydration can cause cramping in early pregnancy. Have you been getting enough to drink? It may be something to try. Also, try to rest and stay down as much as possible. I'm sorry, Sabina. I'm sure this is scary for you and your husband. If it gets any worse, don't hesitate to be checked out.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

October 20th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh sweetie! I want you to take it easy & not worry. I have had some pretty icky back pain too. I think between the uterus expanding & the hormones that you can get pretty uncomfortable. Maybe a heating pad on your back will help.

October 20th, 2007, 08:46 PM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
Sabina...do you usually get backaches when you are having your period??? With every pg I was very crampy for the first trimester. If you tend to have back cramps....perhaps it is a good sign!!! I was sure with each of my pgs that af was just around the corner!!!!

Hope you get good news on Monday. I know many of us PAL graduates had rocky and unsure starts to very sucessful pgs!!!! I hope you will look back on this in 9 months and be able to tell other women in your shoes of your success....just as I am doing now.

Much love and good thoughts your way sweetie!!!!

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

October 21st, 2007, 05:42 AM
Thanks for all the positive stories. I spent yesterday on the couch all day and today I feel better. The back pain is still there but that is normal in pg. I was just so worried about the pressure I was feeling along with the cramps and back ache. Maybe I was just over reacting but I would rather rest all day then have something happen and feel guilty about it later. The back pain sucks but it doesn't make me nervous all on it's own. This pregnancy is so hard! Every little thing I am analyzing. I just want to see my baby again. One and a half weeks until I can. I can't wait. This first trimester is so hard. One day at a time right.
October 21st, 2007, 09:15 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad the pain is easing up. My last pregnancy I went through bouts of extreme pressure. At once point I coul barely walk and I was still fairly newly pregnant. The doctor just said it was my womb pressing on some nerves and it would naturally shift. She told me to rest rest rest. I think it's sound advice

October 21st, 2007, 05:24 PM
Quote:
I'm glad the pain is easing up. My last pregnancy I went through bouts of extreme pressure. At once point I coul barely walk and I was still fairly newly pregnant. The doctor just said it was my womb pressing on some nerves and it would naturally shift. She told me to rest rest rest. I think it's sound advice [/b]
oh that is so good to hear. The pressure is really scary, it makes me feel like something is wrong. I am trying to rest as much as I can and DH is certainly insisting on it. Thanks so much for sharing that with me. It sure makes me feel better.
October 22nd, 2007, 07:21 AM
cymple's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
It seems like I have heard that dehydration can cause cramping in early pregnancy. Have you been getting enough to drink? It may be something to try. Also, try to rest and stay down as much as possible. I'm sorry, Sabina. I'm sure this is scary for you and your husband. If it gets any worse, don't hesitate to be checked out.[/b]
My doctor also told me I was likely dehydrated when I was having a lot of cramping early in pregnancy - you should be getting at least 3 liters of water a day (I know, it's a lot!). Did you call the doctor today? Keep us posted! I know it's scary!

Check out Drew & Eliza's blog: http://drewandeliza.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search