Pictures of Austin

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2007, 11:08 PM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am FINALLY home! I had a few extra days of recovery.Anyways, we arrived at the hospital at 7 a.m. for my appointment, and I was hooked up to all the monitors, but still wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Of course, the on call OB came in to talk to me because my doctor was not there yet, and pretty much tried to tell me that the version was the best thing to do, but I still wasn't too sure. The doctor gave DH and I some time to make a decision. We decided to either make an appointment for a c/s, or come back at 40 weeks if he had not flipped.My nurse came in to check on me,and asked if I was feeling any contractions,and I was, but nothing too painful. Turns out I started contracting every 3 minutes. This shortly turned into every 1 or 2 minutes, with them right on top of eachother. They immediately sent in a tech to do an u/s, because they were concerned that I wasn't feeling more pain, because they were pretty big contractions. The tech said that he was no 6 pound baby, and that regardless, he was coming today, but he wasn't going to come vaginally. His head was underneath my right rib, with his back curved underneath my left rib.He was arched and transverse and there was no way a version was going to work. Of course, my doctor thought otherwise, and of course, the L&d pool began where everyone wanted to guess the weight of him.They actually were betting money,lol. Now, this hospital is known to have an average of 4 to 5 babies a day. Well, of course, that day they were having 7 c/s that day, NOT including vaginal deliveries. SOOOO... I was supposed to be in at 11 a.m. to him, but I had to labor for about another 4 hours before they could get me back. Anyways, Austin Robert Beard came into the world at 3:45 p.m. on October 17th...he was screaming as soon as they pulled him out!He was so far up in my abdomen they had "rearrange" everything...which is why my recovery was so hard.But as soon as my doctor pulled him out, all I remember him saying was,"Well, there goes my 5 dollars, he's HUGE!"He weighed in at 9 lbs 10 ounces, and doesn't fit in any of his newborn diapers or clothes, lol.Anyways on to the good stuff!!

Just a few minutes old...

Mommy's first look...

October 21st, 2007, 11:26 PM
Emily!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Emily! Send a message via Yahoo to Emily!
Congratulations! He's adorable!!!
October 22nd, 2007, 04:52 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats to you and your baby boy!!!!!!

October 22nd, 2007, 07:09 AM
cymple's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh - what a big, healthy boy! Congratulations! I'm sorry your recovery has been so tough though!

Check out Drew & Eliza's blog: http://drewandeliza.blogspot.com
October 22nd, 2007, 08:00 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
AW! Just look at him! He looks about 3 months old already! He's just precious. A big congratulations to you, Tiff! Can you believe you actually have your baby now??!!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

October 22nd, 2007, 08:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrat's again! He's such a healthy looking baby. Just look at that precious face!
October 22nd, 2007, 10:20 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG he is adorable! The pictures were so worth the wait. What a big boy! I just love him. Congrats again!
October 22nd, 2007, 11:56 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats mama! He's a handsome lil man!

October 22nd, 2007, 12:44 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He is so sweet!
October 23rd, 2007, 08:01 AM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone!!!He is an angel of a baby! He is sleeping from midnight to 4 a.m., wakes to eat, and doesnt get up until 9:30!And that's because I have to wake him up!I'll be on more soon, we're still dealing with family flying in to see him. I have DH home until the 31st, and he has been the biggest help in the world!I am very lucky!!!I'll post some pictures and an update soon.. I miss talking to you ladies all the time!
October 23rd, 2007, 10:07 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
oh he is adorable!!!! congrats again sweety!
October 23rd, 2007, 11:06 AM
Spotis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG he's gorgeous! What a beautiful babe!

Congratulations on a healthy delivery. Sorry to hear that your recovery was so rough.

Nolan John turns 2 on 8/28/09
Thank you Jessica for the siggy!
October 23rd, 2007, 11:47 AM
Blessedx3
wow what a big guy you have there!!!! but hes soo cute~!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search