Weight gain

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am just a little concerned about my weight gain. I haven't gained any weight in two weeks. Is that normal? I haven't gained much weight at all but my tummy sticks right out and I actually love my mat. pants and shirts because it jets out so much. I am just having so much trouble getting food down. Actually it's starting to get better in terms of what I can eat but the amount I can eat hasn't gotten better. I can never eat a whole meal. I get really hot and sick feeling and I have to stop eating. DH is always trying to get me to get more down but I just can't. Just wondering how much weight everyone else has gained. I understand it is a personal question so if you don't want answer I won't get offended. I can't wait to see my OB on Monday to talk to her about this. I just don't want anything bad to happen to the baby
November 12th, 2007, 09:16 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Again, I stop by to check on you and yours is the 1st post!

I had horrible morning sickness with DD and lost 14 pounds in my 1st trimester. My doctor told me not to worry b/c the baby takes everything it needs before you get what you need.

I only ended up gaining 4 pounds over my original weight and DD was born healthy. And I was fine. Just eat what you can and when all else fails try drinking and ensure. The chocolate are not too bad.

Just think of morning sickness as Gods way of letting you know your baby is doing fine.

November 12th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Oh your always so helpful! I feel much better now. Thanks for sharing that with me about your DD. Whew! I do have some Ensure at work and at home just in case I ever can't eat again then I can still have something.
November 12th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Emily!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Emily! Send a message via Yahoo to Emily!
I'm about ready to pop here and I think I've gained TEN pounds total. Mind you, I'm not a small girl to begin with- but still. Also, for most of my pregnancy I've gained and lost the same 3 lbs. every other appointment. Don't worry about it too much, honey.
November 12th, 2007, 01:12 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been by here in a while but wanted to respond to your post. I was horribly sick for most of my last pregnancy--I lost almost 10 pounds in one week, had to be put on an IV, prescription meds, the whole nine yards. I ended up gaining 14 pounds during the pregnancy (carried him exactly 40 weeks) and I was so worried he wouldn't be ok. He was born weighing 8 lbs 5 oz! Those little ones know how to take all they need, it just leaves you with very little.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

November 12th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Thanks ladies! I am feeling SO much better now. I just love you guys.
November 12th, 2007, 03:32 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you're feeling better. I have the opposite problem that you do. I didn't gain hardly anything in my first trimester and have gained 27 pounds since then! Whoa! Oh well. My mom had the same problem as me in pregnancy. I think she gained about 50 lbs with all three of us. I gained 37 with Tyrael. You just do the best you can. Your baby will take what he/she needs first and leave the leftovers for you.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search