Whoa.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Emily!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Emily! Send a message via Yahoo to Emily!
So, I *think* I had some contractions last night. I was laying in bed and all of a sudden I was in PAIN! My whole belly area hurt. The pain was pretty constant but would heighten here and there. I know my Dr. said if you have contractions, you'll know, but I'm always afraid I'm just being a hypochondriac. I'd say the pain lasted for about an hour. I got up, walked around, sat on the toilet, tried to look around on the forums (couldn't keep my attention focused) and then laid back down. Obviously it wasn't TIME, but it still freaked me out a bit. I think it was my body saying, "Emily, get your hospital bag packed!" because that's something I have yet to do. The pain was something that I could only compare to when I naturally m/c'd last year. Although that was REALLY REALLY REALLY painful, I can't recall EXACTLY how it felt- which is really frustrating. The baby was still moving a little bit during the spat last night so obviously it wasn't really affecting her. Those were probably contractions, right? A little help here?
November 12th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am no help for advice I just want to say GET YOUR BAGS PACKED GIRL!!! LOL!
November 12th, 2007, 11:27 AM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, thats contractions. Usually you'll feel them start in your back an radiate to your front, or your whole tummy will feel hard and you will feel pain all across it, just like you described.It's just your body gearing up! You'll have some more before you go into labor, but dont ignore them.Try too time them even if it isn't time, so you get used to feeling begin and end... I know I had trouble with that at first. But girl, PACK YOUR BAGS. I did it the night before I had Austin, but thats only because I "might" have had him. I would've been the crazy lady running around the house throwing stuff in bags.When you do pack, try to remember not to pack too much. Yes, it's better to pack extra just in case.But I was in the hospital for about 4 days and didn't need half the crap I brought. Just be sure to bring some extra clothes for baby.They put Austin in a diaper and a little white shirt, and I hated it. It's almost time!
November 12th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I would definately get the bag packed, it could be the beginning of things.....

November 12th, 2007, 12:06 PM
You know the same thing happened Friday night. Didn't last as long. We'd gone out to the Cheesecake Factory earlier that night to eat and I figured I'd just gorged myself so bad that it was the reason for the pains and the....(TMI) diarrhea. It happened the same way. I had JUST fallen asleep when the pains began. However, the pains were almost identical. I didn't eat anything- or too much of anything to warrant that last night though. I had sent my mom a text message about it and all she could do is poop on my party to say that I probably won't have a November baby. Gee, being so close to the end of the month I KNOW it's a very good possibility, but way to be a buzzkill mom.
November 12th, 2007, 02:36 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The diarrhea could be another impending sign of labor. I wouldn't be surprised if you go into "real" labor any time soon. You're full-term and plenty of babies come at your gestation. Get ready!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

November 12th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Quote:
The diarrhea could be another impending sign of labor. I wouldn't be surprised if you go into "real" labor any time soon. You're full-term and plenty of babies come at your gestation. Get ready![/b]

Don't scare me like that! I know it's gonna have to happen eventually, but still! No mucous plug in the toilet, no bloody show, no worries! Right? RIGHT?!?!?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
November 13th, 2007, 10:33 PM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hahaha..sorry but DinaMommy is right...diarrhea is, or can be an impending sign of labor... it's your body cleaning itself out.I'm excited for you!Sounds like it's just about time.
November 14th, 2007, 07:08 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I scared you!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

November 14th, 2007, 08:02 AM
My Horoscope today:
Quote:
Relationships may seem fated now as circumstances take on a life of their own. Your actions may be ineffectual, so exerting control over others is not a sensible strategy now. Instead of trying to prevent the inevitable, embrace the upcoming changes. There are more exciting opportunities ahead than you currently realize[/b]
Me? Avoid the inevitable? Nahhhh...
November 14th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
LOL @ your horoscope!! I hope for your sake it's soon.

November 14th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't wait! I have a feeling you are going to be having a baby very soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search