Appt update w/pics

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Had another appt with the peri today, overall good appt. They offered me an amnio but I don't want one so I declined. It's because they saw something (echogenic foci in the left ventricle) last appt that puts me at a 1-2% chance of DS and I just think that % is waaaay too small to do an amnio. I did the AFP on Friday so we'll see what those results come back with in a week or so.t If it says something then I may reconsider the amnio but I doubt it.

For those of you who have had cerclages, were you on pelvic rest your entire pg? So far I have been and I have to say...it's getting OLD! LOL I mean I'll do it but I'd rather not. I asked the dr today and he said that semen carries something (forgot the term) that causes contractions so he would say no intercourse....ummm but what about intercourse w/o uh um...you know the grand finale? I was too embarrassed to ask...anyone here know?

Ok here are some pics of our little man:

Sucking his thumb

Profile shot

Gotta love that baby face!

Baby tells the paparrazzi "no more pictures please" and turns his back to us!!!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
November 13th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
awwww what a gorgeous little man you have there!!!!!!!

I think if I were in your shoes I'd have said no to the amnio as well.....

November 13th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's so sweet! I refused the amnio and the AFP, I didn't need to deal with false positives----it wasn't going to change anything I was going to do anyhow. What a handsome little guy!
November 13th, 2007, 07:31 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
what a handsome little man !!!!!!!
thanks so much for posting those pics !!!!!! I think I would have refused the amnio also...

November 13th, 2007, 08:53 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
AW! You got some great pictures of your little boy! I bet you're thrilled with them. I love that he was sucking his thumb! That is just too cute! I don't really know for sure about the question you asked, but I have read that semen can soften your cervix, but I don't know if that is just in the last stages of pregnancy. Maybe you could Google it! That's what I always do!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

November 14th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG! Such cute pictures! I would have said no to the amino as well. I have heard SO many stories where they are wrong with the diagnosis anyway. As for your other question - not really sure. If it is just the semen then can't you just use a condom?
November 14th, 2007, 08:55 AM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, you got some great pics!You're lucky!As for semen having "something" in it that causes contractions, I don't know about that. It DOES help to soften the cervix, which may set off a contraction?That's all I could think of, but I HIGHLY doubt that semen is going to put you into labor. But I would just stick with a condom for now if you're worried.Congrats!And I'm glad you said no to the amnio too!!When you're just starting out in pregnancy, it's hard for doctors to make a correct diagnosis...I bet it will end up being nothing, or something less severe. Doctors always seem to scare the pants off of you, on the side of precaution. You wouldn't believe some of the stories I've heard of doctors diagnosing Downs Syndrome, or some other anomaly and out came a perfectly healthy baby.Good luck!
November 14th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Hoping's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a sweet baby boy!! No clue about the cervix thing. I might end up with mine stitched, so I would be interested in the no sex reasoning. Can I ask why they put a stitch in yours?? I had a septum removed so that puts me at an increased risk for IC. Mine is measuring almost 4 CM right now though, so we shall see.

Our Two Miracles!
Alexis Jade 5/28/08 and Evan Russell 6/28/10
Always Remembering our 3 angels in heaven
November 14th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Quote:
What a sweet baby boy!! No clue about the cervix thing. I might end up with mine stitched, so I would be interested in the no sex reasoning. Can I ask why they put a stitch in yours?? I had a septum removed so that puts me at an increased risk for IC. Mine is measuring almost 4 CM right now though, so we shall see.[/b]
That is exactly why I had to get a cerclage done! I had a septum removed in sept of 05 and the peri said that often times a uterine abnormality like this and an incompetent cervix go hand in hand. So it was a precautionary measure. if I find out anything from the OB about the no sex thing I will be sure to share the info. I see her in two weeks and I'm much more comfortable talking to her about this then I was with the peri.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
November 14th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Blessedx3
i have no clue about the pelvic rest thing... i hope you can get some kind of answer from one of the other ladies but it souds like your apt went well and those pics are too cute.
November 14th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awww great pics Norina!! My baby girl had the echogenic intracardiac foci..after the results of the bloodwork I had a 1/21 chance that the baby had ds..we decided to do the amnio..turns out she is fine!!! I guess healthy babies can have that echogenic intracardiac foci...

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

~~Lisa~~(40) Mommy to Jenna Justine 20 years old and Peyton Keely Born December 28th,2007
November 15th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Awww great pics Norina!! My baby girl had the echogenic intracardiac foci..after the results of the bloodwork I had a 1/21 chance that the baby had ds..we decided to do the amnio..turns out she is fine!!! I guess healthy babies can have that echogenic intracardiac foci...[/b]

Thanks for sharing that info Lisa! Puts my mind at ease to know someone else who has gone through this and everything is fine!

November 15th, 2007, 08:40 PM
mrs_catty_marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!! I am so happy for you and that is a handsome little boy

[/url

Ectopic Pregnancy 01/30/06. One tube wonder!
November 16th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
aw Norina, he's just gorgeous

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”~ Anton LaVey
November 16th, 2007, 10:14 AM
mrsdismang
Semen contains prostaglandins and those are sometimes used to induce labor. If that is the only reason you can't have sex then you should be able to do it with a condom.
November 16th, 2007, 10:53 AM
sunnie83
Awww your little one is soooo precious and cute!! Congrats on finding out its a boy - hes a cutie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search