New DD & Gender!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The appointment went fantastically well! Let me start from the beginning...hehe...gonna make you wait! We got there & the nurse was very thorough in asking about my medical history, etc. She was friendly also. Not as good as my RE's nurse but hey, you can't always get the best. The dr on the other hand, very awesome, detailed & supportive. They made it very clear that I will need to stop working at about 22 weeks which isn't what I was hoping for. I really wanted to work all the way through January but what ever is best for the babies. They also told me that I need to be eating 3000 calories per day! I know that many of us would die to eat what ever we want but do you know how HARD it is to go from a 1200 cal diet to a 3000 cal diet? UGGGGG! I also have to eat every 2-3 hrs.

They went on to warn me of the complications. We can expect to experience pre-term labor for sure but w/ bedrest & water & if need be, meds, that can be taken care of. There is also a chance of getting pre-e but my BP was 110/60 & they were very happy w/ that. Finally, the dreaded gestational diabetes. Because of this, I will be weaned off of my metformin starting in 2 weeks. Thankfully, this can also be controlled by injections which I am no stranger to.

The last thing they really talked about was how they handled emergency situations. Basically, if something goes wrong w/ one of the babies before 24 weeks, they will let the baby die in-utero which just the though breaks my heart. After about 24-26 weeks, it is all or nothing. This means if 1 baby is in dire streights, they will take all 3 b/c they can handle the situation outside of the uterus. God, I really hope this isn't the case.

Finally, we get to the BIG u/s. The 1st thing I asked if we would be able to find out the gender & the dr told me, "No, not at 12 weeks." Of course I quickly corrected her & told her we were 14 weeks along. She said maybe. Let me tell you, this woman is a master at the u/s machine. She was measuring everything from the size of their heads to their feet. She even measured the tummies & then told us the following information.

"Well, baby A is a chunker. This baby is a week ahead! Baby B is measuring 5 days ahead & baby C is measuring 3 days ahead." WOOT!!!! What can I say? My babies are piglets in training! Then she said, "Well I can definitely say what babies B & C are but I can't get baby A to cooperate & although I could probably find out, I don't want to irritate your uterus. Would you like to wait until the next u/s when I can tell you what A is?"

We both said, "NO! Please tell us!" So, are you ready....

Oh, let me tell you the stats of the babies first...

Baby A ~ Measuring in at a hefty 15w 1d!
Baby B ~ Our middle weight champ at 14w 5d!
Baby C ~ Our feather weight at 14w 3d!

Now...I imagine you are dying to know but I think I should make you scroll down further....

Are you still with me?

Let's start w/ Baby A...It's a...

GIRL!!!!!!

OOPS, one last thing. My cervix is measuring a slight bit short at 3.3cm which they like to see it at 3.5-4cm so if it gets any worse, then I will have to have a cerclage. ACK! What ever it takes to get these babies to 34 weeks! OMG! I almost forgot, our official due date for 34 weeks is going to be APRIL 2nd!!!!!

November 14th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!!!!!!!!! Grow, little beanies, and stay in there for at least 11 more weeks, preferably 20, but we'll take 11!!!!!
Congratulations on a great ultrasound!!!!
November 14th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Emily!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Emily! Send a message via Yahoo to Emily!
Wow!!!! Awesome news, Astrid! Thank you for sharing the pics with us- they are getting HUGE !!!! I'm gonna bet A is a girl too- no reason. Just my guess. Now get to the store and start buying pink AND blue!!!
November 14th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy

That's fantastic news hun!!!!
November 14th, 2007, 02:24 PM
TanyaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on one of each and a mystery!!! I'm sooo happy for you!

November 14th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Now, didn't I say that one would be stubborn? HEHEHE!

I'm betting it's a girl too, but I can't wait to find out! Are you going to try to find out later?

Anyway, congrats on healthy babies!!

November 14th, 2007, 03:41 PM
home4mygirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is FANTASTIC news!!! You know, you need to start the discipline early...lol...so tell them to stay in there until you are good and ready for them to come out...lol...

Oh, and how awesome that you get both!!! Of course, the ONLY important thing is that they are healthy, but how fun that you have both sexes!!!

P.S. I went in to your DDC JUST to see your pics, and your pregnancy pics have SO many views!! You're quite the popular one ! Looooooove the belly!!!

"We do not choose to be born. We do not choose our parents, or the country of our birth. We do not, most of us, choose to die; nor do we choose the time and conditions of our death. But within this realm of choicelessness, we do choose how we live." Joseph Epstein
November 14th, 2007, 03:48 PM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
Stubborn with an agenda of its own....definitely a BOY....that's my bet!!!!

Congrats Astrid...I am just so darn tootin' thrilled for you I can hardly stand it!!!! Glad to hear everything is well.....lay in bed ...eat like a pig ....and let everybody wait on you hand and foot ....spend these next 20 weeks with your little ones all to yourself ...NEVER again in your life will you be able to do all of these (by themselves or all at once)!!

Soon you'll have to share those sweet things with everybody....which is good....but it is sweet to have them all to yourself!!!

Take care of yourself and keep us posted as I know you will!!!

Stubborn with an agenda of its own....definitely a BOY....that's my bet!!!!

Congrats Astrid...I am just so darn tootin' thrilled for you I can hardly stand it!!!! Glad to hear everything is well.....lay in bed ...eat like a pig ....and let everybody wait on you hand and foot ....spend these next 20 weeks with your little ones all to yourself ...NEVER again in your life will you be able to do all of these (by themselves or all at once)!!

Soon you'll have to share those sweet things with everybody....which is good....but it is sweet to have them all to yourself!!!

Take care of yourself and keep us posted as I know you will!!!

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

November 14th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh astrid! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo EXCITED for you! what a beutiful gits (s) you have! A boy and a girl! I love it. You are in my prayers that all continues to go well. Having done the cerclage myself, I can attest it's not that bad. Thanks for the update and the BEAUTIFUL pics of your babies. When you see the sucking the thumb pic doesn't it melt your heart...it's like a REAL baby...and to think we waited this long and you get 3! I can't thank God enough for this!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
November 14th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Blessedx3
how awesome!!! yu have atleast one of each! ow thats the way to do it! and hooray for the babies measuring big thats wonderful news
November 14th, 2007, 06:44 PM
OMG! You girls are making me boohoo! Really, I just knew you would understand.

Norina, dear friend, I am still in an utter state of shock about this all & for us to be going through this together...well, it is definitely God taking care of us.

Jennifer, your words touched my heart. You are right, I will enjoy every second I have w/ them b/c I will only be able to be selfish w/ them now. After they are born, the whole village will be involved!

November 14th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Awwww I was so excited to see this thread - I've been hanging out to find out the sexes of the triple miracles!

Boy.. Girl &..... I am saying Girl!!!!!!!!

Sounds like everything is going really well with you. I can see why the prospect of stopping work at 22w isn't too great, but as you said, if it's better for the babes in your belly......

I can't believe how fast your pregnancy is going - 14w already!!! Seems like just y/day you were announcing you had a bun in the oven.. then finding out there were 3 buns in the oven...... and now you know you have a son, daughter & a cheeky monkey!

November 14th, 2007, 08:15 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so excited for you guys! I'm still betting on one boy and 2 girls for you.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

November 14th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Very cool!! I bet the other one is a girl too...

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

~~Lisa~~(40) Mommy to Jenna Justine 20 years old and Peyton Keely Born December 28th,2007
November 14th, 2007, 09:22 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Astrid !

OMG....look at these BABES !!!!!! I can not believe how big they have gotten!
I am so happy for you & Todd.....the joy you feel must be OVERWHELMING !!!!....
and I am thinking........boy for mr. stubborn ......but time will tell huh Momma???

November 15th, 2007, 05:12 AM
Awe, thank you all! Many hugs to you! You girls lift my spirits!

November 15th, 2007, 05:33 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
oh astrid how wonderful! Congrats on your babies!!!! You must be estatic! April 2nd is not too far away!!!!!!!
November 15th, 2007, 06:03 AM
BornAgainRenee's Avatar TTC #6 after 4 losses
Send a message via MSN to BornAgainRenee
Astrid!!!! How exciting! Im so happy for you! I have been waiting for this checking on you all the time to see if you have had an appt. OH this is so exciting. I can't wait to hear what baby A is. Or maybe it would be cool to have baby A stay a surprise so that you can do all three at once. A boy, a girl and a surprise. Sounds kinda fun! LOL

November 15th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
Congrats Astrid! Your babies look GREAT!!! im so happy for you...

November 15th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Super Mommy
That is such great news! I can't believe how big they are getting. So happy for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search