How have I been???

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well still not any better. I was off work Wednesday because I was really sick Tuesday night and couldn't get any sleep. Then when I had my shower today before work I got really dizzy and I couldn't stand up. I ended up lying down in the shower and I was having trouble breathing. I called DH and he carried me to bed. I couldn't get up for about two hours, I just kept spinning and couldn't breath well. I went to my family dr today because I was really scared and he couldn't find anything wrong. He is really old though and is really out of the know. He said not to go to work tomorrow and if it happens again to go to the ER. I think he is just trying to cover his #####. I see my OB on Monday and I have an u/s and bloodwork for the screening. I just can't wait to see the baby again and I can't wait to talk to my OB about all this. I have eaten nothing today because I threw up everything I ate in the morning and I haven't been able to get anything down except water and that has been really hard. I have started to lose weight too. Just one pound but it worries me so much. I just want to give my baby everything it needs like a good Mom and I get really upset when I can't eat. I try to think of all the things you guys told me about how the baby will take whatever it needs but I have read some books that say your baby can have brain problems if you aren't eating enough. My OB said I could read any book I wanted but if I didn't understand anything I was to bring the book to her so I am going to bring the book with on my apt and ask her about it. I'll let you know what she says. I am going to rest tomrrow and pray I am can get some food down. Sorry it's such a long update I haven't been able to get on for a couple of days and I missed you all.
November 15th, 2007, 06:24 PM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sabina,
I know how you're feeling, I went through it. I felt like death warmed over.And yes, your baby will take what it needs from you, which will make you feel even more weak and sick.When the book said not eating could cause problems to the baby's brain, there is some truth to it, BUT only if you're STARVING yourself.Unfortunately this is common for moms w/ an eating disorder.Its going to get better, I promise.Make sure you tell your OB ALL of your symptoms.Feel better and let us know how your appt goes.
November 15th, 2007, 07:00 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Sabina ! I am so sorry to hear that you went through that !!
you know it may be possible, because you are not eating, that it caused your blood sugar to drop & that is why you were dizzy and could not get up.....did your dr. check that out??? there has got to be something they can give you to help with the nausea so you can eat, even if it is just small meals...toast,chicken broth.....you need to keep your strength up hon, but I am sure you know that. My dr. told me do not drink water when I feel sick, because that only makes it worse....she told me to try sipping on ginger ale or 7 up......you might want to try some gatorade also to make sure your electrolytes do not drop to low from being sick so much....
I hope you start to feel better soon sweetie...

November 16th, 2007, 06:30 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you are feeling so rotten Zofran really helped me uring my last pregnancy when i was so sick I kept throwing up water. Your breathing issue is worrying me. Do you have a history of asthma, a family history of blood clots, or a history of anxiety issues (panic attacks etc)? If you still feel unwell today I would call your OBs triage nurse. they may be able to call in a script for you so you can keep some food down. :hugs: I hope you start feeling sunnier soon

November 16th, 2007, 07:30 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so so sorry, Sabina. I don't really have any advice for you because I've never really dealt with morning sickness. Your case really does sound extreme. I hope your doctor can do something to help you. Big hugs to you.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

November 16th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks ladies. I didn't think about my blood sugar actually. My family doc is not that good. He is really old. He just checked all my vitals and checked my arms and legs for swelling. He said if it was a clot I would be worse by then. I feel much better today actually. Unfortunetly I couldn't get anything else down yesterday including my Ensure. I woke up shaking but I have already had some toast with peanut butter and some kraft dinner. I will see if my OB can give me something for the sickness at my Monday apt. I am sure I can hang in there until then. I am just upset because it is getting worse and I was thinking it would get better soon. My mother actually threw up every single day she was pg with me so I might actually be in this for the next six months. Is morning sickness hereditary? LOL! Sorry for complaining. I just needed to vent.
November 16th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
sweets, have they talked to you about hyperemisis gravidium? Basically it's severe morning sickness, where you can't keep ANYTHING at all down.... I would talk to your Ob about it, because it's TREATABLE (unlike 'normal' morning sickness).. I hate to think of you going through all of this

November 16th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I can sometimes keep things down. Mostly the problem is getting the stuff down. I just have so much trouble eating. I can only eat a couple of spoonfuls and then I feel sick. I don't throw up too much (maybe once a week) but it's devestating when it happens because I work so hard to get food down and then to see your hard go down the toilet (literally) it's exhausting lately. I am going to talk with her for sure on Monday though so don't worry girls. I only have to get through two more days.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search