Finally an update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2007, 03:56 PM
cymple's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry, I am just logging on after a while and I appreciate the messages that I got trying to "track me down". I have missed you all and wondered how everyone was doing. I look forward to catching up on everyone's messages and hearing about everyone's progress. As for me, it has been a very trying 10 days. My water broke on November 5th at 6:30 am, and I finally had my precious boy on Nov 6th at 10am (yes, 24+ hours of labor!). It was a bit scary in that he had swallowed meconium and had some heart fluctations, also some problems with the epidural - but he came out so beautiful and perfect and BIG - 9 pounds, 2 ounces, 22 and a half inches. I did have a 3rd degree tear and a bruised bladder which caused me some big problems initally (including having to go to the emergency room after being discharged from the hospital to get a foley catheter which I had to lug around with me for 3 days - not pretty or comfortable at ALL). Drew has been a very good baby - he eats very well, and already at his 1 week appointment (actually just at 6 days) he had already *gained* weight and was up to 9 pounds, 4 ounces. He is a little miracle and I can't stop looking at him and just being amazed by him.

However, then on November 12th my Daddy very unexpectedly passed away. I am just getting back into town today from everything and don't really know what to do with myself. I talked to him several times when I was in the hospital. He had planned on coming up last weekend (they live in SC), but he had a cold and didn't want to bring germs to the house, so he was planning on coming this weekend. Everyone he worked with said he was bragging about "his little linebacker" and was so excited to come this weekend but he never got to meet his grandson. My mom was with me when he had to go to surgery and didn't make it back in time before he passed away (he died of a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm in surgery). It has all been so unreal and I don't know where I should be now (with my mom, here with DH, etc). Luckily my mom is coming to my house on Monday for the week of Thanksgiving, and my family will be with her at home until then. The pregnancy hormones made such a bad situation worse, as I was a mess through it all, but we are a close family and I had a lot of support. Also, having Drew was a good "distraction" as everyone loved on him so much... I guess a circle of life sort of thing in a very sad way.

Sorry for such a sad post, but I do want to share a couple of pictures of my beautiful baby boy, so... introducing Andrew Gordon:

Check out Drew & Eliza's blog: http://drewandeliza.blogspot.com
November 16th, 2007, 04:56 PM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG Kelly, he is gorgeous!!!Austin was big too, but I couldn't imagine pushing him out!I'm sorry you had such a scare with him, but thankfully he turned out okay. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad.I can't imagine what you're going through, as I have not lost a parent. I'm glad to hear your mom is coming for the holidays, and that Drew could be there to kinda distract everyone. It's good to hear from you and know that you're alright. Congrats on Drew, and I'm so so sorry for your loss.If you ever need to vent we are here for you.
November 16th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG Kelli he is so beautiful! What a little angel. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I don't know if it is the hormones kicking in or what but your post made me cry. My heart is just breaking for you. I hope your new little boy will help to comfort you through this difficult time.
November 16th, 2007, 05:55 PM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
Kelli,

I don't get on much anymore....it's so busy with Strasi here as I am sure you now know!

Your son is absolutely beautiful! I love the second picture of him....what a doll. An adorable smile.

My heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry to hear about your father. I can't even imagine...just the most awful thing in the whole world. I'm glad he was able to see his grandson and know he arrived safe and sound. It sounds like little Drew has a most precious angel to look over him forever and ever!

You've had a very rough 10 days and I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself and your little boy. Love your family and give thanks for all of them this Thanksgiving and I hope you are able to laugh and remember your dad fondly. I can tell you loved him very much!! We miss you and send much love and well wishes your way sweetie. Thanks so much for taking the time to check in with us.

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

November 16th, 2007, 05:59 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Kelli,

congratulations on your beautiful little boy....
I am so very sorry about the loss of your dad...he will forever be watching over your little boy....

take care sweetie...

November 17th, 2007, 04:19 AM
Super Mommy
Congratulations on your little man. He is so cute. So sorry to hear about your Dad.

November 17th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Emily!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Emily! Send a message via Yahoo to Emily!
I am SO sorry Kelli. I can't even think of what to say. I'm sure giving birth in itself is an emotional roller coaster let alone throwing in your dads untimely passing. Thank you for checking in with us though. You'll definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.

P.S. Your son is ADORABLE.
November 17th, 2007, 07:46 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for sharing the pictures of your baby, Kelli. He's just precious. I'm sure your just falling more and more in love with him each day.

I had a really hard time emotionally after I had my daughter. I can't even imagine having to deal with that and such an unexpected loss. I'm so sorry you're going through this. Your Dad will be right there in the eyes of your little Drew. I hope your heart will start to heal a little bit each day. Know that we are thinking of you.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

November 17th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Kelli - Drew is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!! I am sorry you went through a bit of an ordeal with/after his birth, but I'm sure having your precious little miracle in your arms makes it all seem pretty insignificant!!!

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your Dad... I cannot even imagine what you & your family are going through.. it must be a very very strange time for you....

(((Hugs))) take care of yourself & your little man!

November 17th, 2007, 09:49 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
Kelli,

I am so happy for you and your bundle of joy. I am also so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad.
I'll be thinking and praying for you.

HUGS
November 18th, 2007, 12:05 AM
cymple's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for all of the kind words. It has been really strange. With all of my hormones and emotions of both events (not to mention fatigue), my body feels somewhat numb, but hopefully it will get better. I look forward to catching up with all of your posts - it seems as if I've missed quite a few things.

Check out Drew & Eliza's blog: http://drewandeliza.blogspot.com
November 18th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my is right...you have been through so much in such a short amount of time. Your words are so true about the circle of life continuing in ways that are so near to us. You have a gorgeous son & should be celebrating his birth but at the same time you have to mourn the loss of your father. I can see why your emotions are all over the place. Mine would be too. My prayers are w/ you & your family.

November 20th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
oh kelli he is gorgeous! and i am so so sorry about your dad what an awful thing to happen at what is supposed to be such a wonderful time in your life
November 21st, 2007, 07:02 AM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts are with you. I lost my father 5 years back, and it took me several years to heal. Time is the only thing that seems to help with that type of pain. Hugs!

Congrats on your big baby boy!! Ava was big too at 9lbs but I had a c-section. I am glad to hear he is doing so well though and try to enjoy him as much as you can. I hope you have a happy thanksgiving.
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search