2nd chance

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Stayhert's Avatar Veteran
I miscarried in March. I am now 6 weeks pregnant, but I cannot bring myself to celebrate yet. My 1st OB appt is Nov 29th and it cannot get here soon enough. Since I have no one to talk to, I thought I'd start here with this question. Every little thing scares me, but this now more than anything. I have been sick w/ allergies for 3 days. Today I sneezed and it felt like my right ovary exploded! There was no pain afterward, but it was such a strange sensation. I also feel as if my uterus is very tender and slightly crampy. Does anyone feel like this ever? I just need confirmation or reassurance!! Thanks girls and good luck to everyone!

November 17th, 2007, 04:26 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I find that everything hurts a lot worse when you are pregnant. I have done that sneeze and feel like something ripped inside thing before too. I know it's scary, but if you aren't having any pain afterwards, you are probably fine. I'm glad you decided to join us. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope you will start feeling a bit more comfortable very soon and can enjoy the life growing inside you. We have all been where you are, unfortunately. It's nice to have people to talk to who you know will know how you feel. Just having someone who can relate helps so much.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

November 17th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!!

it is VERY normal to be feeling a number of emotions when you are pregnant after a loss/losses... I know when I was pregnant with my daughter (who is now coming up 13 months), while I was able to get excited about the pregnancy, there was also just as much of me that was terrified, and who couldn't really feel all that positive. For me, the anxiety lasted the entire pregnancy - which sucked, but I think that sadly it is pretty common...

My main piece of advice is to remember that whatever you are feeling is OKAY - if you're terrified, that's okay, if you're excited, that's okay - TRYYYYYY your hardest to think positive, but that can be a lot easier said than done..

Post up here whenever you need someone to talk to, or a shoulder to cry on.... we've all experienced - or are currently experiencing, a pregnancy after loss, and I can guarantee that while we can't take all your worries away, we can reassure you that you aren't abnormal for worrying so much etc etc etc - and when the new babies are born each month, hopefully you'll also feel reassurance then!

November 17th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! If you have some time go through some of the posts you can see that all of us panick at some point and have asked silly questions and have felt scared too. Feeling scared is totally normally. I hope you will feel comfortable posting here when you are feeling scared. We have all been there or are there now and know question or feeling is silly to us. I can't wait to hear how your first apt goes. I hope you will share with us.
November 17th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Veteran
To address the cramping, it's completely normal to have cramping and to be scared about it. It's funny b/c when you read about pregnancy symptoms cramping is never listed, but if you ask, just about every woman experiences cramping early in the pregnancy. Mine lasted constantly until about 8 weeks and then off and on up until about 12 weeks. It feels just like menstrual cramping and to be honest w/ you I ran to the bathroom more often just to check to see if I was spotting b/c my first pregnancy I m/c at about 5 weeks and I spotted for a week prior to actually losing the baby, so to me spotting was a big sign. (Even though I had spotting at about 8 -9 weeks w/ this pregnancy and it was nothing pregnancy related).

So congrats on your pregnancy. Try to focus on the good things. Don't read too much on the internet b/c it will scare the hell out of you. And just go day to day week to week. Enjoy the little things and let us know how your appt. goes!!! Good luck!!!
November 18th, 2007, 12:48 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Quote:
So congrats on your pregnancy. Try to focus on the good things. Don't read too much on the internet b/c it will scare the hell out of you. And just go day to day week to week. Enjoy the little things and let us know how your appt. goes!!! Good luck!!![/b]
I totally agree hon!

it is so scary enough without all of the info that is out there.....it can drive us crazy if we let it.
I am still getting some cramps off and on, and I get worried, I am checking the toilet paper all of the time, right now I am getting ready to panic again because I have not thrown up in 2 days

I am glad you posted here, get yourself settled and post away, these ladies are great and have LOTS of info & support to offer....remember, we are ALL in this together

November 18th, 2007, 08:57 PM
mrsdismang
Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy. I think that sharp pain you felt was round ligament pain. I have it when I sneeze, cough, get up too fast, etc. It happens a lot so get used to it. It is completely normal and harmless. The cramping is normal too. I'm 18 weeks and still have slight cramping. It's just everything adjusting to growing a new little life.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search