I am afraid to get pregnant again after m/c

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2005, 04:30 PM
fifth bundle of joy
hello ladies I just had my first miscarriage on sept 13th which
is really shocking I have four kids and never had any problems
I am not planning on having anymore but to tell the truth
I am scared to death to go through this pain well I was stressed
out my boyfriend and I have not been getting along at all I
wish they could of tested me to see why I miscarriage I got a
d and c wow how did you ladies cope with your loss of the baby
please give me advice I am happy you ladies are pg again and
good luck with your beautiful babies
September 29th, 2005, 04:14 AM
JCat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take it day by day. If I hadn't m/c in May I'd have been 31 weeks this coming Saturday. For the first few weeks I had an earge to get pregnant again but was scared out of my mind (still am). My mate and I decided that since the first one wasn't planned I'd just let nature take it's course and didn't go back on b/c (except the first cycle to regulate) and if it happened again it did and if it didn't right away then it wasn't meant to be. I got preggie again in July and nearly freaked when I say the positive come up at 3w1d. Until about 6 weeks I thought about m/c everyday and then I relased I should enjoy it while I was pregnant no matter the ultimate out come (because it was out of my hands). Sure the thought was/is still in the back of my mind I try to ignore it and be happy. Something else that help my mate and I was we named our baby (his idea) so we'd have a name to call our lost one. But my best advice is take things day by day and give yourself time to grieve and heal. Take care of yourself. Thank you for your well wishes.

September 29th, 2005, 08:35 AM
JennL
I am very sorry for your loss. I m/c'd last December (blighted ovum), and at that time I was told that basically it was just a "fluke", and the chances of it happening again were fairly small. We waited a few months, and then got pregnant again this past March. I was afraid of m/c'ing again, but for the most part was relatively happy and secure with that pregnancy. I ended up having another miscarriage on May 25th, and another D&C. This time they were able to do the testing and found that it was a chromosomal abnormality (Trisomy 22) - and again called it a "fluke" and told us that we'd had just really bad luck - twice in a row - and that it was perfectly fine to start trying again.

At this point I was devastated and really was scared to death of getting pregnant again. I basically avoided having sex for several weeks, and a month later we had unprotected sex - only once on June 26th - and I found out mid July that I was pregnant again. It is amazing that I actually got pregnant this time as we weren't charting, I ovulated much later than I normally would have, and we honestly weren't trying. We were both absolutely shocked at the BFP.

This time my HCG levels were higher than they'd ever gotten previously and we had an u/s at 7 weeks and there was a heartbeat for the first time! Honestly, there's not a day that goes by where i'm not worried still about losing this one - but so far so good, and I'm further along than I've ever gotten previously. The doctor swears that everything is going great and I shouldn't worry, but of course it's hard not to.

I think like previously said, just take it day by day. You'll know if you're ready to start TTC again. I'm of the mindset now that nature will just take its course - whether good or bad, and that it's really out of our control.

~Jenn
September 29th, 2005, 03:21 PM
I gave birth to my stillborn little boy on Sept 9. I can't WAIT to try again this 6 weeks is killing me. I am scared to death but I know if I wait I will lose my nerve to try again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search