Are you planning to breastfeed?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2007, 09:56 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I am going to "try" it.......but if is doesnt work out I am not going to stress....I was a bottle baby, and turned out just fine

November 21st, 2007, 06:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
the girls were both formula fed, i never even tried to breastfeed, but i think i am going to at least try with this baby.

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”~ Anton LaVey
November 21st, 2007, 08:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am definitely going to breastfeed. I think im definitely going to pump some also so dh can get that feeding bonding experience.

Thanks Claire for my awesome siggy!!

November 21st, 2007, 08:44 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, for sure, although I remember how BAD that hurts in the beginning. I found it to be well worth it. I loved breastfeeding Ty. We will probably do a little bit of formula too, though, so Wes can help at night sometimes.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

November 21st, 2007, 11:01 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I am going to "try" it.......but if is doesnt work out I am not going to stress....I was a bottle baby, and turned out just fine [/b]
That's exactly how I feel about it.
November 25th, 2007, 07:00 PM
lovemyluck's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be breastfeeding again..I did with Mikaela, Carter and Keaton, and I would have with Carli! I end up doing both nursing and bottle feeding...at first the bottles will only have breast milk...then after a while...I end up with not as much time to pump, and my little one will have some formula in them too!!

<span style="color:#FF00FF"><span style="font-family:Tahoma"> Carli Mae Montage #1 Carli Mae Montage #2</span></span> Thanks Sara for my great sig!!!
November 25th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am still nursing my son and very sad that I will have to ween him in 6 weeks (he'll be 11 months old then and 11 months is when both of my girls self weened). I am at risk for preterm labor and they wanted me to stop in three weeks! I don't know how I'm going to ween him as he is head over heels in love and attached to "anuhnuh" as he calls it.

Breast feeding was tough to get established with my oldest one. We had to fight tooth and nail to make it work (she had latching issues and I had breast thrush) but once it did it was just AWESOME. My second daughter went after me like a pahrana and after 1 visit to the lactation consultant we had that ironed out and had a great nursing relationship. my son (9.5 months) has been the most deeply invested and involved with nursing. our relationship just blossomed once the nicu doctor yelled at the nurses to stop bottle feeding him between my visits to the nursery.

I plan on nursing once again and may even end up tandem nursing if I cant get Levi fully weened... I never imagined myself doing that but if that is what he needs, then that is what will be done.

November 26th, 2007, 07:22 AM
cymple's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started out thinking/saying I was only going to put Drew to my breast, but that lasted about a week and a half. We were having some troubles, and when my Daddy passed away and so much was going on, it became easier to have others help with the feeding. I now pretty much exclusively pump and he gets bottle fed. So he is still getting the breast milk, but it works for us much better. My only problem now is that he is such a piggy (he eats 5+ ounces at a time at only 3 weeks old!!!) it's hard to keep up. If I have to I will supplement with formula, but we haven't had to yet. Good luck!

Check out Drew & Eliza's blog: http://drewandeliza.blogspot.com
November 26th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I wanted to BF Gaby, and while we were in hospital I did, but I have enormous boobs & I am really short, so I couldn't find a position that worked for me & Gaby. My arms were too short for all the fancy holds.

It upset me to begin with, but then I realised that it wasn't the end of the world. I expressed for a couple of weeks, but my supply went away pretty quickly. I felt guilty about formula feeding, BUT Gaby absolutely thrived in her first 12 months (and continues to do so), she didn't get sick until she was 11 months old, so I don't think it harmed her at all

November 27th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do plan on breast feeding and pumping. I'm hoping to not have to do formula but if I have to supplement then I will, whatever is needed for baby. I have always been a little weirded out by the whole breast feeding thing but I want to give it a try for the baby's health and ...ok I have to admit...for the weight loss it supposedly assists LOL. I'm hoping to bf for at least 6 months but again I'm kinda open to seeing what happens. I'm a bit scared of when the teeth come in after a few horror stories I've heard about being bit. Ouch!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
November 27th, 2007, 08:12 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I do plan on breast feeding and pumping. I'm hoping to not have to do formula but if I have to supplement then I will, whatever is needed for baby. I have always been a little weirded out by the whole breast feeding thing but I want to give it a try for the baby's health and ...ok I have to admit...for the weight loss it supposedly assists LOL. I'm hoping to bf for at least 6 months but again I'm kinda open to seeing what happens. I'm a bit scared of when the teeth come in after a few horror stories I've heard about being bit. Ouch![/b]
Just so you know, not every baby bites. Tyrael NEVER bit me. I have heard, though, that if your baby every does bite down to just remove him from the breast right away so they will know that will happen if he bites. Apparently, they make the connection some how. Like I said, I never tried it out because there was never the need.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

November 28th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Super Mommy
I really want to try. With my DD I had such a bad infection and a temp of 105 that I gave up. I so hope I can do it this time.

November 28th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I was one of those "we'll try it and see" women. She'll be 6 months on Dec. 7th, and we're still going strong. She gets a bottle of expressed breast milk every once and a while.

November 28th, 2007, 09:10 PM
mrsdismang
Absolutely! Breast is best, except for women who HAVE to take medicine that isn't safe or for some other reason that prevents them from breastfeeding.
November 29th, 2007, 04:13 AM
Emily!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Emily! Send a message via Yahoo to Emily!
Quote:
Absolutely! Breast is best, except for women who HAVE to take medicine that isn't safe or for some other reason that prevents them from breastfeeding.[/b]

That's the main reason I'm not. Around Sept. of last year I was put on Cholesterol meds. My doctor never told me that you should NOT take them if you're pregnant, plan on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding, etc. A week after starting them, I found out I was pg. I promptly stopped taking them of course but later miscarried. I'm still bitter about that one. I mean, come on- I was 23 (now 24) married and not on any sort of b/c. You'd think that my dr. would have taken that into consideration.

Anyhow, my Cholesterol is through the ROOF at the ripe old age of 24. Apparently is mostly genetic. Chris doesn't know what a vegetable looks like and his numbers weren't even worth mentioning. Lucky jerk. Anyhow, now that Ellie is here I'm back on Lipitor.
November 29th, 2007, 08:44 AM
mrsdismang
Quote:
Quote:
Absolutely! Breast is best, except for women who HAVE to take medicine that isn't safe or for some other reason that prevents them from breastfeeding.[/b]

That's the main reason I'm not. Around Sept. of last year I was put on Cholesterol meds. My doctor never told me that you should NOT take them if you're pregnant, plan on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding, etc. A week after starting them, I found out I was pg. I promptly stopped taking them of course but later miscarried. I'm still bitter about that one. I mean, come on- I was 23 (now 24) married and not on any sort of b/c. You'd think that my dr. would have taken that into consideration.

Anyhow, my Cholesterol is through the ROOF at the ripe old age of 24. Apparently is mostly genetic. Chris doesn't know what a vegetable looks like and his numbers weren't even worth mentioning. Lucky jerk. Anyhow, now that Ellie is here I'm back on Lipitor.
[/b]
That really sucks! I was told at one point mine was high and I eat pretty healthy although back then I was a drunk so it could've been that.....And my husband is the same way except he probably IS unhealthy and we just don't know it yet..
November 29th, 2007, 12:34 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
God willing this little bean sticks I do plan of BF for a hopefully a year this time. I BF DD until she was 10 months old and I dried up. We tried to switch her to formula but she would not touch the stuff so we finally broke down and started whole milk. She loved it.

To all the mommies to be who said that why were going to TRY breast feeding ask your doctor if the hospital you plan on delivering at has a lactation consultant. Those women are seriously a gift from God. They can teach you different types of holds for the baby. I had a c-section with DD and the 'football' hold was my best friend b/c the baby was not against my scar.

December 1st, 2007, 04:05 PM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definately yes - dont remember anything these breasts ever helped me or anyone else with save feeding my children...they are just some inconvinience on my chest
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
December 2nd, 2007, 08:46 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, I sure am going to try to BF the trips. There is only 1 major issue & that is that I had reconstructive surgery on my breasts (a lift w/ augmentation) so it all depends on how well my ducts were put back together. Something tells me I'm not going to have a problem getting milk & if that is the case, I wil BF & pump.

December 2nd, 2007, 10:52 AM
Emily!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Emily! Send a message via Yahoo to Emily!
From what I've read/watched Astrid, It's ALOT more likely that you'll be able to breastfeed with an augmentation than a reduction. I watch a lot of Discovery Heath

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search