Not joining you YET...but may be soon

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2007, 01:39 PM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Am not YET pregnant, but hopefully I will be soon. My name is Kel and I have two beautiful daughters born 04 and 06. First pregnancy I had Hyperemesis gravindrum ( I hated that but I would rather have that with a healthy baby, than no m/s and a dead baby!)She was born at 37 weeks (7 lbs 2 oz) Second was normal pregnancy only m/s once or twice a day and was born at 38 weeks (7lbs 12 oz). This was my third pregnancy and I was beginning to enjoy symptom free pregnancy.

Had an instantaneous complete miscarriage at 7 weeks - RIGHT in my shower (by the time I got to the Dr. the cervix was closed and baby was all gone) - Nov 1

My progesterone levels were only 2.2 two days before the m/c. The Dr. got the results the same morning I m/c and there was no time to do anything. There was no DNC and I stopped bleeding on Day 7. (Nov. 7)

We have been doing bw and my hcg levels were confirmed negative on Nov. 15 and on Nov. 19 (Dr. needed at least 2 negatives to be sure)

I got a positive OPK on Nov. 18 and I believe I ovulated on Nov. 19 hence I am 4 DPO

MIND YOU: I have not yet gone for my appt with the Dr. after the miscarriage to analyse the whole thing and talk about it and discuss the future pregnancies. I have an appt next week, but am thinking of delaying it for next week but one in case I get a BFP this cycle. (Not sure what chances after mc are - Not even sure it is okay, I have heard stories from wait at least one cycle, to wait at least 3 cycles to wait till at least 6 months are over. I guess it is case by case woman by woman, and since Dr. and I have not met, then my case is unknown.)

Now I have a few questions:
1. I just O 4 days ago and have a very sharp pain on my right side lower abdomen. AM worried it might be another cyst (I got pregnant with a 5.2 cm cyst on my lef tovary, not sure how it is now as I was too engrossed with the pregnancy and loss GEE TOO MANY THINGS AT THE SAME TIME) I also have some cramping and am already very nervous. Has anyone every had that, or know anything abou tthat?

2. I didnt bd much this cycle, but at least twice or thrice around ovulation. Now I have a feeling that I wish I didnt, in case I get a BFP and loose it. Do you know if that worry can hurt fertilization and implantation

3. Since my priogesterone levels were so low, what are the chaces of having a pregnancy with normal progesterone levels? Do I have to have low levels based on my last pregnancy?

4. I want more children, sooner than later BUT am really scared...and wish I could sleep and wake up at 39.5 weeks alone! How do you deal with that if you ever experienced the feeling?

5. There is rumour that if you take progesterone supplements the child will be born with multiple abnomalities. Has any of you taken the supplements? Is the baby managable?

Dint think this would be that long. Sorry!
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
November 23rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
1. I just O 4 days ago and have a very sharp pain on my right side lower abdomen. AM worried it might be another cyst (I got pregnant with a 5.2 cm cyst on my lef tovary, not sure how it is now as I was too engrossed with the pregnancy and loss GEE TOO MANY THINGS AT THE SAME TIME) I also have some cramping and am already very nervous. Has anyone every had that, or know anything abou tthat?[/b]
sorry, can't help you with that one, i have no idea

Quote:
2. I didnt bd much this cycle, but at least twice or thrice around ovulation. Now I have a feeling that I wish I didnt, in case I get a BFP and loose it. Do you know if that worry can hurt fertilization and implantation[/b]
nope, if stress and worry had anything to do with it, i wouldn't have kids at all LOL

Quote:
3. Since my priogesterone levels were so low, what are the chaces of having a pregnancy with normal progesterone levels? Do I have to have low levels based on my last pregnancy?[/b]
i'm not sure. my levels were never checked during pregnancy. i have only had CD 21 blood work when i was on clomid. but i'm sure you can go on to have a normal pregnancy after a loss because of low progesterone. my suggestion would be to have the dr check them as soon as you get a BFP

Quote:
4. I want more children, sooner than later BUT am really scared...and wish I could sleep and wake up at 39.5 weeks alone! How do you deal with that if you ever experienced the feeling?[/b]
well, i panicked for a while. i hold my breath every time i go to the bathroom and then breathe a sigh of relief every time there is nothing there. and i pray.... i trust that God would never give me more than i can handle and i let him worry about the things i have no control over.

Quote:
5. There is rumour that if you take progesterone supplements the child will be born with multiple abnomalities. Has any of you taken the supplements? Is the baby managable?[/b]
never heard that. i am on progesterone and i know several others who have taken it to who now have absolutely perfect babies.

i am so sorry for your loss and i hope to see you join is soon! and hopefully someone can help you with the questions that i have no clue about

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”~ Anton LaVey
November 23rd, 2007, 04:13 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I take progesterone with all of my pregnancies. I have 3 very healthy children and am currently 9 weeks pregnant. Your doctor should have your progesterone levels checked the moment you get a positive. they usually take 2 days to get progesterone levels back. If they are low you need a supplement. I take oral some ladies use suppositories (these usually are better absorbed but luckily the oral works well for me). You take progesterone for the first 12-13 weeks at which point the placenta takes over progesterone production.

My oldest (5) was quite unexpected and immediately on the heels of a miscarriage no waiting no cycle in between.

This time around ive had lots of cramping. I have a cyst and a pocket of blood irritating my uterus. I had a cyst with my oldest too but in that pregnancy it rupture, bled and scared the bejesus outta me. I'm hoping this one just dissolves without bursting. It REALLY hurts so I'm hoping it goes away soon and leaves me to gestate in peace.

and pregnancy after loss? I'm pretty much completely irrational with worry until I pass the weeks of my losses and have either an ultrasound or get to hear the heartbeat on doppler. Then I sort of calm down and just suffer from brief moments of panic.

just remember to breath

November 24th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Thanks ladies! Am glad I posted here because your answers are really healing. That issue of progesterone supplement was scaring me because the doc had mentioned that if there was a baby (when he found the cervix closed, and sent me for ultrasound) he would give me the supplements.

Juilia - Even AFTER I stopped bleeding from the mc, I went to the bathroom cautiously not to see any red! So sick! Am still so fresh from it, that I wonder what to do IF (hopefully she doesnt) AF shows! Nice to hear someone who didnt have to do all that waiting after mc!

Doodle - you made me laugh on the cyst that raptured and scared you as I soooooo feel it!!!

I hope I get to join you soon.
Jordan - 3 yrs old
November 24th, 2007, 02:47 PM
sunnie83
You can get pregnant very quickly after a miscarriage - I miscarried July 6th, 2007 - but didn't stop bleeding until July 13th/14th. I had my next cycle August 4th and got pregnant that month - it was less than a month after the miscarriage that I conceived. Our DR did advise me at my check-up after the miscarriage on July 24th to wait THREE months before trying again...we'll we didn't!!

So it is TRUE that you are more fertile after a miscarriage. So far everything is going well with my pregnancy too - we had an ultrasound at 13 weeks and the baby was moving around and doing great!

As for the progesterone and cysts, I have no experience with either so I can't help you out on that one. I wish you the best with TTC and hope you get your BFP soon!
November 24th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I hope to see you here soon!

November 24th, 2007, 06:38 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. It makes me so sad. I hope you get pregnant again very soon and can join us. We would love to have you.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

December 6th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Thanks ladies!

As you noticed, your best wishes worked and I joined yoU!
Jordan - 3 yrs old

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search