Is this normal?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had any cramps this pregnancy so far. I just started having cramps this week and I am 14 weeks along. Then today when I was walking home I felt this very uncomfortable pressure on my vagina (sorry that is the only way I can describe it). Every time I took a step and my foot hit the floor it hurt. Is that normal? I am really freaking out. Please, please tell me if this is a normal pg symptom or should I call my OB?
November 28th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
While some vaginal pressure is normal, you might still want to call your OB, and let them know, as that's also a sign of labor.

Drink some water, because dehydration can also cause contractions.

Good luck!!

November 28th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say you should speak to you OB first thing tomorrow if it doesnt ease up. If it gets worse you need to speak to them tonight. I went through a few days with my last pregnancy where I thought that my uterus was just going to explode out of my vagina. Apparently my uterus was pressing on a nerve which was giving me the problem with pressure. I was only 18 weeks or so along and it gave me a good scare (((hugs))) I hope you are feeling better by now. You need to hydrate and R E S T.

November 28th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks so much ladies. I am going to call tomorrow just to make sure. I am kind of scared since the cramping is getting worse. I really would just feel better if I saw her so that is what I am going do. If it is normal - well better safe then sorry right?
November 28th, 2007, 09:55 PM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Drink plenty of water, try to relax, and lay on your left side. If it is a nerve, it will help take the pressure off of it.Call your OB in the morning, and let us know what she says. I bet everything is okay. Let us know!
November 28th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Let us know what our ob says hun

November 29th, 2007, 07:31 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I hope everything is okay. Let us know as soon as you call or get seen, okay? We will all be wondering about you.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

November 29th, 2007, 08:47 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Sabina,

please do as these wonderful girls have said......rest, & hydrate...please let us know what the dr. says when you can hon...

November 29th, 2007, 09:20 AM
My OB isn't in - the story of my life. I am getting kind of sick of this. So the secretary told me to go to the ER. I am a medical secretary so I know we have to tell clients that in case something happens we are not responsible. DH is picking me up now and I am going to a walk in clinic. This way I will only have a couple of hours instead of 8-10 hours in the ER. If it is serious they will send me to the ER. I will update when I am back.
November 29th, 2007, 11:16 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be praying for the two of you. Please let us know what is going on. Really hoping it is just growing pains.

November 29th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Wednesday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sending good T&P your way. I had that when I was pregnant as well. My OB said it was from my uterus stretching, and was normal. I am hoping that it is the same for you. ((Hugs))

November 29th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks for all the T&P's ladies

Well I knew something wasn't right. We went to see the dr and he tells me to pee in a cup and then starts saying how I have to rest more and blah, blah, blah. I was getting so mad! I wanted him to check my cervix and make sure everything was okay in there and all he wanted was a urine sample? Oh man I was mad and while I was waiting for the results of the urine I was thinking of all the things I was going to say to him when he returned. I mean, surely it was nothing to do with my urine. Well I felt like a total loser when he told me I have a bladder infection. I have had them my entire life and they have never felt like this. Apparently once you get a baby in there things are squished and feel totally different. Who knew? Well apparently not I! So it seems it's just my bladder causing all this craziness. Sorry for the concern everyone. DH and I are very relieved. He is actually happy and I am relieved - not happy, I mean it still hurts like crazy!
November 29th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Wednesday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad that you and the bean are okay. Bladder infections are awful. Get some cranberry juice into your system, and hopefully it will pass soon.

November 29th, 2007, 03:43 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Sabina,

I know they are terrible, but I am happy to hear that is what the problem is !!!!
drink lots & lots of water to flush it out !!!!!!!

what a relief sweetie !! ~whew!!!!~

November 29th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Thanks ladies. Phew! Such a relief!

I got some antibiotics that are safe for me to take now. I will pick them up tomorrow and hopefully the pain in my tummy will go away soon. It hurts
November 29th, 2007, 04:09 PM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad there is nothing too wrong Sabina! Just remember that bladder infections are easy to get during pregnancy, and they can keep coming back with a vengeance! I think someone mentioned drinking cranberry juice,which is what you should do now throughout your pregnancy, just to keep them from coming back. If you're not too keen on the juice, you can buy cranberry supplements at wal-mart for pretty cheap. My mom and I both have been taking them for years now, and I haven't gotten one in a long time!
November 29th, 2007, 05:10 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whew! I'm glad that doctor knew what he was doing. I'm so relieved that it's nothing major. I hope you get to feeling better very very soon.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

November 29th, 2007, 05:45 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay bladder infection!!! I know they suck but it is better than some of the other things it could have been. I had then all the time with my DD and the last baby. Once you start the meds your feel better in a day or so. Drink lots cranberry juice and get some rest.

November 29th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
oh Sabina, i'm so glad that it isn't anything serious!!! I should have thought about the possibility of a bladder infection, my sister had heaps during her pregnancy with my nephew!

November 29th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate to celebrate any medical malady but HOORAY for bladder infection! I'm glad the bean is just fine. I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search