13 week 1st trimester scan

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2007, 09:22 AM
BornAgainRenee's Avatar TTC #6 after 4 losses
Send a message via MSN to BornAgainRenee
Well Im having my 1st trimester scan on Mon. I will be exactly 13 weeks. My last scan I was 9 weeks and I was freaking out before hand. This time, Im freaking out thinking that something is wrong. I think after the two losses that its just easy for me to think that I will have a bad outcome. This is my 6th baby and my 8th pregnancy. I got the round ligament pain before I knew I was pg. Now I have this crampy feeling in my right side. ITs not always there and doesn't go along with spotting or anything like that. I just have myself ready for the worst.
Why can't I just enjoy this pregnancy? I try and I do well, until I start thinking about the scans. I almost wish I didn't have to have any scans. I get so nervous every time I go in. Thing is, IM almost positive that I have felt the baby too, but guess what? I talk myself out of it.
Grrr this is annoying!!

November 30th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((((hugs))) we are all in the same boat here. Best we can do is hold onto each other and hope like heck

November 30th, 2007, 01:54 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I wish all of us could just move in to one big house together so we can all obsess together!!
It is soooo hard not to be nervous, and it is hard for some people to understand.....but yes, Like Doodle said,"Best we can do is hold onto each other and hope like heck"

try to relax hon....
we are all here for you !

and then you can say the same thing to me when I hit 13wks!

November 30th, 2007, 02:01 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never had an u/s until 21 weeks, so I don't know about that apprehension of an early scan, but I hope everything looks really good for you.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

November 30th, 2007, 02:09 PM
BornAgainRenee's Avatar TTC #6 after 4 losses
Send a message via MSN to BornAgainRenee
Quote:
I never had an u/s until 21 weeks, so I don't know about that apprehension of an early scan, but I hope everything looks really good for you.[/b]
You know I really wish that I could just hold off on the scan and appt. all together. Its just driving me nuts right now.

November 30th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I think waiting for my first scan with Gaby (at 12w4d) was quite possibly the worst part of my pregnancy anxiety wise.. it was so horrible. After losses you kind of expect the worst huh..

sending you lots of positive vibes for your ultrasound!

November 30th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Emily!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Emily! Send a message via Yahoo to Emily!
I was so nervous about my 20 week scan that I puked on the way there. Chris had to pull over the car on the way to the Dr. and everything! Only time I ever puked during my pregnancy.
November 30th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had FOUR scans during this pregnancy and everytime I get SO nervous and think "this is it, this time they will see something wrong" I don't think it ever goes away. Try to breath deep. I won't tell you to try to relax b/c I know that is impossible! It's almost Monday though so hang in there for a few more days.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search