a long & boring update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Blessedx3
hi ladies,

Its been a Looong week. I found out that tuesday i lost my mucas plug, which now means i could go into labor at anytime, I had my ob appt on wed and doc said babys sounds good and i am measuring right on where i should and i have gained 2 pounds. I also found out that My Little Miss will be a csection birthday on new years eve, i cant remember if i told you that before or not. thats is if she doesnt get antsy and try to come earlier....

Mr B and Jason are at a Switchfoot concert tonight. Mr B has been looking forward to this for a few weeks now, so im sure he will have a good time. this is his first major concert and im kinda bummed that i cant go... but its in Davis which is about an hour away and i cant take the chance of being that far from the hosptial these days. Little miss is getting bigger everyday i swear there are days where it feels like she is just gonna pop out when i go to the bathroom, sorry if that was tmi... its been kinda crazy like that the last two days. My mil wants to get mr B a sony playstation 2 for christmas, which i am grateful for since we wont have any $$ to really get him anything, i will get him a couple of board grams though because he loves having family time and playing games, its something i have always done with him atleast once a week and when he was littlier i mean like preschool age we would play one almost daily. I always thought it was very imporant to spend special fmaily time together doing fun things, like building snowmen, and playing games, and reading together. anyhow so thats the plan for that. we are going to try and get hima used laptop also because he needs it for school. He has a IEP (individualized Education Plan ) because he has a learning disability, basically he has major problems with his fine motor skills, writing anything for him is very difficult and frustating, it takes him literally 40 minutes to write out 4 complete sentences. I've watched him struggle with this since kindergarten, and they finally got the right IEP plan for him when we lived in lindsborg, he had use of a laptop to take notes and turn in all his assignements, and he had a transcriber for any in class timed tests. He was finally getting A's and B's a far cry from the d's and F's he had been getting. and then we moved here to Cali and i went to the school within 2 weeks of arriving here and gave them his iep from lindsborg, and they set up a meeting with the school districts Occupational therapist to see what he needs and i told them, and they told me flat out they would not get him a laptop and that they would provide a transcriber and written out notes to him along with giving him access to the computers in the classes that have them in it, apparently not every classroom does, well last week i got his grade card and he failed every class except for PE in which he got an A++, funny isnt it the one class he doesnt need to write anything in and he gets an A++ and fluncks out of all the others, well I talked to MR B and apparently they gave him no transcriber and no computer access. so he wasnt turning anything in. so anyhow that was the long way around why we are trying to get him a used laptop for school. the school did say that if we got him one they would let him use it in all of his classes. We have tryed puttin in an ad in the local paper to see if a company or individual would donate one to us but that didnt work, so we are trying to fina very used or cheap one, that we can afford for him we only have about 150 we could spend on it or it cuts into our food budget for the month.

so on to bigger and better things, hes very smart, and funny and sensative and just generally a good kid, i hear this from my mil all the time. makes a momma proud! anyhow so we are trying to do that. Thanks for reading if you made it down this far. I really wanna go to the base tomarrow to get the groceries, (i havent been in 3 weeks because the trip makes me car sick ) and get out of the house for awhile other than the docs office i havent been anywhere and cabin fever is setting in again. ....... I hope you all ahve a great weekend, oh and just to let you all know i may not post to much these days its tough to get comfy sitting for very long... but im trying to keep up.
November 30th, 2007, 08:02 PM
BornAgainRenee's Avatar TTC #6 after 4 losses
Send a message via MSN to BornAgainRenee
Oh I hope you see this. Im glad that all is going well. I know you don't know me but I was following you long before you got pg. I remember all that you were going through to get pg. Im glad all is going well and that your little girl is doing good!
I just wanted to tell you about your IEP. I have two children that have IEP's and I will tell you, if its in his IEP whether its from a different county, city or state doesn't matter, and although they may fight you on it, there are agencies that will advocate for you. Just the fact that he is back to getting F's should show them something! It makes me mad that they would let it go all year with him not turning anything in. Not that they even got a clue about it though. I know here in Colorado its called Child Find or Denver Options, which I know doesn't help you, but there are non-profit organizations in every state for this very reason. Good luck!!

December 1st, 2007, 06:36 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor Mr. B!!!! I hate when we have children w/ LD & they don't get the help they need to be successful. I have a couple of kids that are obviously LD but our school won't even let them get tested. I can only imagine how frustrating it is to have to battle something you don't quite understand & at such a young age. That really pisses me off that the district didn't do what they said they would do. GRRRRR....this is what makes a teacher's job so difficult at times. I'm so sorry! Give him a big hug for me!

December 1st, 2007, 07:33 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really hope you can get your boy what he needs for school. I just cannot believe that some business around there doesn't have a used laptop that they would donate to you for your son's education. I know they get new ones all the time and who knows what they do with the old ones---probably sell them to their employees. I'd be sending you one if I had one.....

I can't believe you lost your plug! It may grow back, you know. I have heard that some women will lose theirs very early in their pregnancies and it will grow back if your body isn't actually ready to go into labor.

I hope you get to get out and about soon. I can't even imagine being home (or bed) bound for as long as you have been. It must be very difficult.

Oh, I almost forgot! I love Switchfoot!! How exciting that your son is getting to see them! I haven't been to a concert in so long! We went to one when I was barely pregnant (don't think I even knew it yet) that was for Skillet. My husband goes to concerts as often as he can arrange it!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

December 1st, 2007, 10:53 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I agree with Astrid, it makes me angry that they wouldn't do what they said they would! Poor Mr. B. I'm glad he went out to that concert though.

I really hope that Little Miss stays put for another month!

December 1st, 2007, 11:03 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Not a boring update at all!

I have a few friends online who've lost their mucous plug in the early 30 weeks, and none of them went into labour prior to 38 weeks! I am sure I read somewehre that after the mucous plug comes away, it can be 6+ weeks before labour begins! Hopefully that brings you some reassurance?

Can't believe your little one will be here soon! It's all so exciting... and I can't wait to see the first pics!

December 1st, 2007, 11:29 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
hi ladies,

Its been a Looong week. I found out that tuesday i lost my mucas plug, which now means i could go into labor at anytime, I had my ob appt on wed and doc said babys sounds good and i am measuring right on where i should and i have gained 2 pounds. I also found out that My Little Miss will be a csection birthday on new years eve, i cant remember if i told you that before or not. thats is if she doesnt get antsy and try to come earlier....

Mr B and Jason are at a Switchfoot concert tonight. Mr B has been looking forward to this for a few weeks now, so im sure he will have a good time. this is his first major concert and im kinda bummed that i cant go... but its in Davis which is about an hour away and i cant take the chance of being that far from the hosptial these days. Little miss is getting bigger everyday i swear there are days where it feels like she is just gonna pop out when i go to the bathroom, sorry if that was tmi... its been kinda crazy like that the last two days. My mil wants to get mr B a sony playstation 2 for christmas, which i am grateful for since we wont have any $$ to really get him anything, i will get him a couple of board grams though because he loves having family time and playing games, its something i have always done with him atleast once a week and when he was littlier i mean like preschool age we would play one almost daily. I always thought it was very imporant to spend special fmaily time together doing fun things, like building snowmen, and playing games, and reading together. anyhow so thats the plan for that. we are going to try and get hima used laptop also because he needs it for school. He has a IEP (individualized Education Plan ) because he has a learning disability, basically he has major problems with his fine motor skills, writing anything for him is very difficult and frustating, it takes him literally 40 minutes to write out 4 complete sentences. I've watched him struggle with this since kindergarten, and they finally got the right IEP plan for him when we lived in lindsborg, he had use of a laptop to take notes and turn in all his assignements, and he had a transcriber for any in class timed tests. He was finally getting A's and B's a far cry from the d's and F's he had been getting. and then we moved here to Cali and i went to the school within 2 weeks of arriving here and gave them his iep from lindsborg, and they set up a meeting with the school districts Occupational therapist to see what he needs and i told them, and they told me flat out they would not get him a laptop and that they would provide a transcriber and written out notes to him along with giving him access to the computers in the classes that have them in it, apparently not every classroom does, well last week i got his grade card and he failed every class except for PE in which he got an A++, funny isnt it the one class he doesnt need to write anything in and he gets an A++ and fluncks out of all the others, well I talked to MR B and apparently they gave him no transcriber and no computer access. so he wasnt turning anything in. so anyhow that was the long way around why we are trying to get him a used laptop for school. the school did say that if we got him one they would let him use it in all of his classes. We have tryed puttin in an ad in the local paper to see if a company or individual would donate one to us but that didnt work, so we are trying to fina very used or cheap one, that we can afford for him we only have about 150 we could spend on it or it cuts into our food budget for the month.

so on to bigger and better things, hes very smart, and funny and sensative and just generally a good kid, i hear this from my mil all the time. makes a momma proud! anyhow so we are trying to do that. Thanks for reading if you made it down this far. I really wanna go to the base tomarrow to get the groceries, (i havent been in 3 weeks because the trip makes me car sick ) and get out of the house for awhile other than the docs office i havent been anywhere and cabin fever is setting in again. ....... I hope you all ahve a great weekend, oh and just to let you all know i may not post to much these days its tough to get comfy sitting for very long... but im trying to keep up.[/b]
That sucks about your son. I'm a special day class teacher here in california and I know that getting these technological tools to the kids is very difficult - difficult meaning the district won't provide them. I got lucky and a teacher that was retiring when I just started had about 5 alpha smarts that she gave me. Its basically a word processing tool. I use these every now and then when I get a student who obviously has trouble with the physical act of writing. If money is an issue you might want to do a search for one. They are cheaper than laptops but don't do all the extras. They get the job done in my room though. There is a connecting wire so you can hook it up to a printer to print everything out in a word document. Here is one on ebay so you have an idea of what I'm refering to: http://cgi.ebay.com/AlphaSmart-2000-Portab...1QQcmdZViewItem

ETA: the link I posted isn't working but if you go to ebay and write in alpha smart you'll see what I mean.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search