Pregnancy complication

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2007, 07:05 AM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies... I haven't been on justmommies for a very long time. I was on a lot after trying to get pregnant after my miscarriages and now I am back with new worries...

Just wondering if anyone can offer me some info. I am 31 weeks pregnant. Yesterday DH and I were at our labor and delivery class. All was fine. We were leaving and I had to go to the bathroom. When I wiped there was red blood on the tp. I went to tell my husband, we called the doc. While waiting for the doctor to return our call I went to the bathroom again and there was red blood in my underwear (sorry if TMI). After that it turned pink on the tp. Well the doc told us to go up to labor and delivery and get checked. The babies heartbeat was good, only a couple of contractions, and the baby was moving. They did an internal exam and said that my cervix looked irritated. They also said I was dialated to 1 cm. The doctor was not was as worried about being dilated as she was that my cervix was medium length and softer than she would expect at 31 weeks. Blood work came out normal. They decided to be cautious and started me on the steroid shots to help the baby's lungs develop just in case I deliver early. We go back tonight for shot #2. I am also on bed rest... I have a docs appointment on Tuesday and my doctor will check me and decide what's to happen regarding the bed rest thing.

Anyway... I am worried. I am not ready to have this baby and am scared my little girl will be born before she is ready. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.... or if anyone has any info.

Is it normal to be dilated to 1 cm at 31 weeks, and for the cervix to be softer than expected? If anyone is going through this or has gone through it how are you doing/ what happened?

So scared!!!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

December 3rd, 2007, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i don't know about the cervix, but i started dilating and contracting at 7 months with Kyana and 6 months with Delaney. that's why my pregnancies are high risk. i was put on brethine both times and had at least 3-4 trips to the hospital for false labor with each of them. BUT both of them stayed in till 39 weeks! so, try not to worry too much. just take it easy, stay on your bedrest and hopefully, everything will be fine. good luck!

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”~ Anton LaVey
December 3rd, 2007, 07:35 AM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
i don't know about the cervix, but i started dilating and contracting at 7 months with Kyana and 6 months with Delaney. that's why my pregnancies are high risk. i was put on brethine both times and had at least 3-4 trips to the hospital for false labor with each of them. BUT both of them stayed in till 39 weeks! so, try not to worry too much. just take it easy, stay on your bedrest and hopefully, everything will be fine. good luck![/b]

Julia,

That was just what I wanted to hear! I have only had Braxton hicks contractions so hopefully that's a good sign. WOW... both stayed in until 39 weeks! I hope this little one stays put or at least the next few weeks.

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

December 3rd, 2007, 08:45 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My sister walked around dilated to a 5 for like 3 weeks when she was pregnant with my niece, so you can definitely dilate and not go into labor immediately. I don't know about the softened cervix, though. Be really good about your bedrest so your baby will hopefully stay in for at least another month. Let us know what happens at your appointment tomorrow.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

December 3rd, 2007, 11:21 AM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was dialated to a 1 at 35 weeks, and I ended up having a c/s in my 39th week. I know that some of the girls in the October PR had made posts about being very thinned out, I believe one girl's cervix was 75% effaced at 28 or 29 weeks. Obviously this is a cause for concern, BUT it is a good thing that you got the steroids, and the longer baby stays, the better and more mature her lungs are going to be. Just take it easy and try to relax.Bed rest is the best thing you could be doing right now. I hope everything goes well for you at your appt!
December 3rd, 2007, 11:31 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I haven't had any experience with that sorry - i hope your little princess waits awhile longer before making her arrival!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search