Shopping for baby things....

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2007, 02:08 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
when did you start? when do you think you will ??? what did you/will you buy first??.....
I have not started yet, I want to wait until I am well into my 2nd trimester.....then I will probably start buying diapers, and little white side snap t-shirts & onesies.

December 5th, 2007, 02:39 PM
mrsdismang
We started buying one baby item every time we went to Wal-mart before I even got pregnant and that was almost a year ago! We stopped once I was pregnant the first time and haven't bought anything since. BUT, if I get my debit card from unemployment before this weekend, I'm going shopping! I have so much crap on my registry and not really that many friends to buy for me so I gotta start. And I'm sure my greedy/money hungry MIL won't be willing to spend much. UGH don't get me started on her!
December 5th, 2007, 03:41 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Quote:
We started buying one baby item every time we went to Wal-mart before I even got pregnant and that was almost a year ago! We stopped once I was pregnant the first time and haven't bought anything since. BUT, if I get my debit card from unemployment before this weekend, I'm going shopping! I have so much crap on my registry and not really that many friends to buy for me so I gotta start. And I'm sure my greedy/money hungry MIL won't be willing to spend much. UGH don't get me started on her![/b]
yikes Sweetie! No I wont get you started on her!!!!
Hope you get to do some retail therapy this weekend! That is the BEST !!!!!!! ENJOY!

December 5th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
well i started buying little things before i even got pregnant... but the first 'big' item I bought was a baby capsule @ 10w.... and i think i got the pram around... hmm 20w?

December 5th, 2007, 08:14 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I'm not sure when I'll even start. I'm just so nervous. I'm not superstitous but I feel if I start buying things I'll jinx myself. I already told DH I'll make a shopping list and the day we have the baby he had to go pick everything up. I don't think he was to thrilled with my plans but he just said if that's how I want to do it then it's OK.
Maybe I'll start in the 3rd trimester....we'll have to wait and see!!
December 5th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I didn't buy diapers until the day we brought her home. I had to return several packages after Cora, and I just *couldn't* buy them until I knew I wouldn't have to return them.

Um...I bought a really cute outfit from Gymboree.com the week we found out she was girl. In 12mos. I think I bought the bigger size because I was trying to tell myself she WOULD be able to wear it! I didn't buy anything really before we found out her gender.

December 5th, 2007, 09:54 PM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definitely didn't buy anything until my 3rd trimester. It was even hard accepting some small things that were given to us.I was like Brittanie, I did want to have to "take anything back" again.
December 6th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well we bought Hannah a couple of outfits we just couldn't resist and it still hurts to see them. I am not going to buy anything until my baby is here I swear! No just kidding but my sister is giving me all her big baby stuff so I have no big items to buy. I think the killer will be doing the nursery because I don't want to buy anything until it is done and we have somewhere to put it.
December 6th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Emily!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Emily! Send a message via Yahoo to Emily!
I think I bought ONE outfit when I found out she was a she. I didn't pick up many other things until after the baby shower. Like most of you, I didn't want to jinx it or have to return anything.
December 6th, 2007, 08:31 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't buy anything until after we had our big ultrasound....not that I really needed any more clothes! I've bought a few other things....mostly just diapers and bottles, though.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search