BTDT Moms

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When did you first feel your baby move? I really can't wait to feel it but I am only 15 weeks I am curious as to when I should expect to feel the baby.
December 6th, 2007, 09:59 AM
mommytothree
I didn't feel my first until until I was 20 weeks and she never was much of a kicker, very subtle movements. My subsequent pregnancies I felt movement around 9-10 weeks. They say you can't but I did.
December 6th, 2007, 10:34 AM
mrsdismang
I felt the first movements at about 16 weeks and have felt them every day since. From everything I have read that is pretty early for a first time mother but it is unmistakably little Maddi using my bladder (and everything else) as a trampoline. Hang in there, you'll feel it soon enough and it will be amazing!
December 6th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Quote:
I didn't feel my first until until I was 20 weeks and she never was much of a kicker, very subtle movements. My subsequent pregnancies I felt movement around 9-10 weeks. They say you can't but I did.[/b]
20 weeks! I will die waiting!

They say you can feel subsequent pregnancies a lot earlier because you know what it feels like. I have heard lots of ladies say they felt it around 9-10 weeks so you are not alone.

Mrsdismang - I can't hang in there! I am so anxious to feel it!
December 6th, 2007, 11:59 AM
prush02's Avatar Veteran
24 weeks... It was late for me.

thanks Duckie for my siggie
December 6th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Quote:
24 weeks... It was late for me.[/b]
OMG! Looks like I might have a HUGE wait ahead of me!
December 6th, 2007, 12:04 PM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
between 18 and 20 weeks, BUT it can depend on where the placenta is located as well.
December 6th, 2007, 02:08 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It seems like I felt Tyrael around the time of my big ultrasound, so maybe 17 or 18 weeks. I felt this baby WAY earlier! I swear I first felt her between 10 and 11 weeks. My doctor looked at me like I was crazy when I told him I had felt movement at my first appointment at 11 weeks. Oh well! What does he know anyways? He's not a woman!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

December 6th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I 1st felt Mak move when I was 18wks but nothing consistant until around 24. I could go days between feeling anything and when I did feel something it felt like a goldfish flutter (like when you have a bag of water with a fish in it and you feel the tail hit the side of the bag).
December 6th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I felt movement with Gaby at 14w3d.... VERY early for a first pregnancy!!! But that said, the movements were very very light until around 20 weeks, and then by 24 weeks they were strong

December 6th, 2007, 06:11 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I felt Kaylie at about 17 weeks. It was strange, it felt like something floated across my tummy.

Don't worry you will feel something soon. And then you will wish that your little one would just stop kicking your bladder and making you pee your pants. O' did no one tell you you would pee your pants more than once? DD could strech out and make me throw up and pee at the same time. It was kinda her signature move

December 7th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
with my first I was sure it was her when I was about 18 weeks. All pregnancies since then I have felt things around 10 weeks, usually is I'm sitting hunched forward to tie shoes or such. I felt my first poke just the other day and I had to wait a minute to see if it was gas LOL

December 8th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Thank you so much everyone. I guess I might have a bit of a wait ahead of me.

Quote:
I felt Kaylie at about 17 weeks. It was strange, it felt like something floated across my tummy.

Don't worry you will feel something soon. And then you will wish that your little one would just stop kicking your bladder and making you pee your pants. O' did no one tell you you would pee your pants more than once? DD could strech out and make me throw up and pee at the same time. It was kinda her signature move [/b]
Are you joking? I never heard of that before. Is there ANYTHING good about being pg? (okay well other then the obvious - you get your baby in nine months!) Are you telling me I will pee my pants? I kind of want to cry now...LOL!
December 8th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't worry too much. SOme women have weakened bladdes during and after pregnancy and some women have no issues whatsoever. My best friend has such a weak bladder after having 3 kids that she can still sneeze and pee her pants and if she laughs too much she'll pee. There there's the women of my family and we've got iron bladders. I've never peed myself when I was pg or even now after I had DD. Do your kegels and go when you can...not when you have to and you'll get through it!
December 9th, 2007, 04:16 AM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never really peed myself, only when DH made me laugh, but I did have to run to the bathroom alot, or I'd go, sit down, and have to get right back up and go again,lol
December 9th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Oh gosh this pg thing is not fun at all! Anything else I need to be warned about? I just love your BTDT moms. What would I do without you?
December 9th, 2007, 04:09 PM
lovemyluck's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I honestly cant remember when I felt my other 4 move first time, but with Mackenzie, I KNEW for sure that she was moving at 17 weeks. There were a few times before I thought it was her, but I never really knew for sure...

<span style="color:#FF00FF"><span style="font-family:Tahoma"> Carli Mae Montage #1 Carli Mae Montage #2</span></span> Thanks Sara for my great sig!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search