Ice Ice Baby !!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2007, 09:34 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
OMG...If I don't get out today I will go nuts !
I need to shop & the weather just doesnt want to cooperate! LOL
AND.....Tuesday I have my genetic counseling....over an hour away...and guess what? SNOWSTORM....
Sooooo, I am thinking I should just reschedule since it is such a long drive, I don't want to take any chances, know what I mean ladies???
anyway, thanks for letting me rant a bit...I really love snow.....but ice?.....um....nnnoooooooo !!!!

hope you are all having a great weekend!!

December 9th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Emily!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Emily! Send a message via Yahoo to Emily!
I swear you're my local weather lady, Dee! I never check these things- just take 'em as they come but you keep me up on things! The in-laws are coming from Manteno and they said it's pretty icy out that way too.
December 9th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Quote:
I swear you're my local weather lady, Dee! I never check these things- just take 'em as they come but you keep me up on things! The in-laws are coming from Manteno and they said it's pretty icy out that way too.[/b]
LOL

I am a weather junkie in the winter time !! I wanna be prepared!!!.....gives me a great excuse to go stock up on groceries(like always!) & cook cook cook!! LOL

December 9th, 2007, 02:10 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm starting to think that each snow storm we get goes to you and ends up as an ice storm! This is what happened last weekend too, remember? We have had SOOOO much snow! I seriously never remember having this much. My poor husband has had to shovel so much and it's super heavy. All I can really do to help him is dig the car out each time and then he shovels around the car. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I just about fell last night on an icy spot on our porch! Snow had been dripping off our overhang all day and then froze. I kind of hurt my hoo-ha because when I caught myself it kind of pulled down there. It's really sensitive anyways. Anyways, I hope that was my only scare with falling this winter!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

December 9th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry Dee. It must be so frustrating with Christmas getting closer. I have all my shopping done except one thing - that stupid Monopoly game that you can swipe your card instead of using cash. My nephew wants it so bad and I have been to about a thousand stores and it's always sold out. Christmas is almost here I need to find it soon or my poor nephew will be very disappointed. Geesh I can't wait until I have a ton of kids of my own to buy for and having to find sold out items all the time. How do you Moms do it?
December 9th, 2007, 04:09 PM
prush02's Avatar Veteran
WOW.. I am jealous of the cold weather... It was 83 degrees here in good ole Texas. Nothing like putting up your Christmas lights in shorts and a tank top!!

Stay SAFE!

thanks Duckie for my siggie
December 9th, 2007, 10:29 PM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sabina, the trick to getting and spending ALL that money on kids for Christmas, is to start shopping in January! Usually they have some good sales after Christmas is over. I get like 1 or 2 things every month and stock up, and then buy a few of the "hot" toys when Christmas comes around again. It's way easier to spend alittle here and there, then it is to do so all at once!
December 10th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Sabina, the trick to getting and spending ALL that money on kids for Christmas, is to start shopping in January! Usually they have some good sales after Christmas is over. I get like 1 or 2 things every month and stock up, and then buy a few of the "hot" toys when Christmas comes around again. It's way easier to spend alittle here and there, then it is to do so all at once![/b]
Great advice, Tiff!! I also make use of those sales they have in January for my daughter's birthday that is in April. I've gotten some GREAT deals that way! I got her the Dora Talking House for like $50 bucks instead of over $100!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

December 10th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ahhhh you guys got it all down to a science that I am sure I will learn soon enough. I usually start my shopping in September-October which I thought was plenty early but I see now what really goes on when you have lots of kids..LOL!
December 10th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Quote:
I'm starting to think that each snow storm we get goes to you and ends up as an ice storm! This is what happened last weekend too, remember? We have had SOOOO much snow! I seriously never remember having this much. My poor husband has had to shovel so much and it's super heavy. All I can really do to help him is dig the car out each time and then he shovels around the car. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I just about fell last night on an icy spot on our porch! Snow had been dripping off our overhang all day and then froze. I kind of hurt my hoo-ha because when I caught myself it kind of pulled down there. It's really sensitive anyways. Anyways, I hope that was my only scare with falling this winter![/b]
I think you are right, we are getting your leftovers !!!

and um...OUCH !!!!! I hope your hoo-ha is feeling better......ice is such a nasty thing to deal with!
I have the same thing on my back porch.....so I am walking like I am 120 years old when I go out....lmao, but hey, gotta be safe right?
You take care & BE CAREFUL MAMA!

December 10th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Quote:
I'm starting to think that each snow storm we get goes to you and ends up as an ice storm! This is what happened last weekend too, remember? We have had SOOOO much snow! I seriously never remember having this much. My poor husband has had to shovel so much and it's super heavy. All I can really do to help him is dig the car out each time and then he shovels around the car. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I just about fell last night on an icy spot on our porch! Snow had been dripping off our overhang all day and then froze. I kind of hurt my hoo-ha because when I caught myself it kind of pulled down there. It's really sensitive anyways. Anyways, I hope that was my only scare with falling this winter![/b]
I think you are right, we are getting your leftovers !!!

and um...OUCH !!!!! I hope your hoo-ha is feeling better......ice is such a nasty thing to deal with!
I have the same thing on my back porch.....so I am walking like I am 120 years old when I go out....lmao, but hey, gotta be safe right?
You take care & BE CAREFUL MAMA!
[/b]
You too! Get out the salt and keep that ice off your porch. I think Wes is paranoid about the dripping now that I almost fell. He got the shovel and got a bunch of the snow off the roof right there so it wouldn't drip any more and then put a bunch of salt on the icy spot.

~Stacey

December 10th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Gabys Mama
you poor thing(s) - it is REALLY hot over here today. Shall i find a way to send my weather to you so you can make it to your appointment & do all the things you need to do??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search