36 week appointment today

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2007, 02:45 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bella is completely engaged in my pelvis! It kind of makes me a little nervous because you can never be totally ready for a newborn to come into your house. He said her head was VERY low down in there. He reached in to check me and found her head right away. My cervix is closed and I'm still rather thick, but he said that will for sure change within the next week or two since her head is so tight against my cervix. I really think she just barely got engaged because two days ago, she was doing lots of big movements and then the next day, I noticed I had dropped. I could have a new baby within the next 2 to 3 weeks probably! I had Tyrael at 38 weeks, so it's entirely possible. Be praying for a shorter (my last labor was 16 hours) labor and complication free! I'll update again after my next appointment next Thursday.

I also had my strep B test and got my finger pricked...don't exactly know for what. The doctor made me have a flu shot too....I've never had one before, so I may be a little sick tomorrow, I guess. He didn't even ask me if I wanted one, just asked if I had had one yet and then said, "Barb, get a flu shot ready for me!" Sheesh!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

December 13th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Gabys Mama
wow, sounds like she could be coming soooon!!!!!
December 13th, 2007, 08:07 PM
mrsdismang
Ahh how exciting! I can only imagine how it feels. I hope everything goes great and I am definitely looking forward to seeing pics of your new little cutie!
December 13th, 2007, 08:18 PM
cymple's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness - time has flown, I didn't realize you were so close!!! It may be closer than expected too - good luck!!

Check out Drew & Eliza's blog: http://drewandeliza.blogspot.com
December 13th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Woohoo!! Any time now, huh? But I hope for at least one more week.

I'm betting the finger prick was to check your iron.

I'm excited!

December 13th, 2007, 10:45 PM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Geez!I can't believe it's already time for her to make her grand entrance!!!! Just a few more weeks now!
December 13th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Emily!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Emily! Send a message via Yahoo to Emily!
Yeah, they had me get the flu shot too when I was still pg. I had assumed that I SHOULDN'T get one because I was but oddly enough pregnant women are second on the list of those who should get it. Beating out senior citizens I think. You are so close! Please keep us posted!
December 14th, 2007, 05:46 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG! I am so excited for you. It's almost time! I can't wait to see her.
December 14th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Woohoo!! Any time now, huh? But I hope for at least one more week.

I'm betting the finger prick was to check your iron.

I'm excited![/b]
I'm hoping for one more week too. I betcha I'll get it too, with no dilation or effacement yet. Heck, I'll probably be the one who goes past 40 weeks this time! I would SO not be expecting that!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

December 14th, 2007, 06:24 AM
MAYBE SHE WILL COME ON CHRISTMAS!!!! My sister almost gave birth on Christmas with her first. She was in labor so long he was born on Boxing Day. So close!!
December 14th, 2007, 08:27 AM
That is definitely a possiblity. I actually have an appointment on Christmas Eve morning and there is always a chance that when they check you you could go into labor. I'm kinda hoping not to have her on Christmas, though! Where I live, they don't let your older children back to see you and the new baby because it's RSV season. I would have to be away from my daughter for Christmas. IF he just got me going a little bit and then I had her the day after Christmas or maybe the weekend after, I would be TOTALLY fine with that!

~Stacey

December 14th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Blessedx3
wow!!!!! now get this is you have your little girl in 2 weeks and 2 days we would both be due the same day and have our girls on the same day! wouldn't that be a hoot!!!!!!!! i hope you have a shorter labor this time!
December 14th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Quote:
That is definitely a possiblity. I actually have an appointment on Christmas Eve morning and there is always a chance that when they check you you could go into labor. I'm kinda hoping not to have her on Christmas, though! Where I live, they don't let your older children back to see you and the new baby because it's RSV season. I would have to be away from my daughter for Christmas. IF he just got me going a little bit and then I had her the day after Christmas or maybe the weekend after, I would be TOTALLY fine with that![/b]
OMG! Really? We had some many ppl in with my sister. In that case I really, really hope you don't on Christmas. That would upset me very much not see my daugther on Christmas.
December 14th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Quote:
That is definitely a possiblity. I actually have an appointment on Christmas Eve morning and there is always a chance that when they check you you could go into labor. I'm kinda hoping not to have her on Christmas, though! Where I live, they don't let your older children back to see you and the new baby because it's RSV season. I would have to be away from my daughter for Christmas. IF he just got me going a little bit and then I had her the day after Christmas or maybe the weekend after, I would be TOTALLY fine with that![/b]
OMG! Really? We had some many ppl in with my sister. In that case I really, really hope you don't on Christmas. That would upset me very much not see my daugther on Christmas.
[/b]
Oh, any adult can come in to see you, but they don't allow any kids under the age of twelve back in the rooms. This is between the months of November and February I think.

Starry, I know! I keep thinking, what if I have my baby the same day Starry has her c-section? Wouldn't that be cool!?

~Stacey

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search