37 Week Appt.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Super Mommy
I had an ultrasound yesterday and the baby weighs 8 pounds 5 oz. He is in the 90% for his weight! I gained 5 pounds in a week. I can't believe how big he is. I'm so scared that I might have to have a c-section. The doctor wants me to come in on Wednesday and check me again so far I have not made much progress 1 1/2cm dilated so far. I hope by next week I will have dilated more so I can get induced. I so want to have this baby next week. I will be 38 weeks. I can't beileve it!

December 15th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah for a heathy baby!!!

As for those u/s estimates...they can and are often way off. They told me Mak was going to be 9-10 lbs (not including if she was overdue) and I freaked because I was also 10 days late. Well my baby girl was only 7.3 lbs!!! So much for the big baby. The u/s are usually off anywhere from 2-3lbs either more or less (i.e. 6-10lbs is what your baby will be...well, duh, of course most babies weigh within that range! )
December 15th, 2007, 07:27 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Yeah for a heathy baby!!!

As for those u/s estimates...they can and are often way off. They told me Mak was going to be 9-10 lbs (not including if she was overdue) and I freaked because I was also 10 days late. Well my baby girl was only 7.3 lbs!!! So much for the big baby. The u/s are usually off anywhere from 2-3lbs either more or less (i.e. 6-10lbs is what your baby will be...well, duh, of course most babies weigh within that range! )[/b]
Try not to worry too much. This late in pregnancy, the weight is very hard to judge correctly by ultrasound.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

December 15th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
My sister's sister-in-law was induced at 37 weeks because they measured and the baby was so big they thought that he was outgrowing his placenta.

And when he was born he weighed 5lbs4oz.

So, yeah, they can be way off. I wouldn't really worry all that much honey.

And IF the baby is big, and you DO have to have a section, don't beat yourself up okay?

December 15th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks girls. I so want this baby to come next week.

December 15th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Gabys Mama
I had a growth u/s at 39w0d & Gaby was 8lb3oz - she was born at 42w0d & weighed 8lb4oz....
December 16th, 2007, 01:34 PM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the girls about how u/s can be wrong. That happened with Austin.I had doctors and techs arguing while I was in the hospital about weither or not he weighed 6 lbs or 10 lbs.My doctor was wrong. And if you have to have a c/s, don't worry. I was getting really scared, but the only thing that hurt was the spinal. The surgery felt like it was over almost immediately. It just kinda makes your tummy feel funny.And trsut me, if you're worried about "feeling like less of a mother", like I've heard some ladies say,let me say that recovery isn't very easy, or at least wasn't for me.You're almost there!
December 16th, 2007, 07:12 PM
christina7777's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to christina7777
I agree with the other ladies, try not to get to worked about the size. They estimated Elliott to be 9lbs 9oz and it was about a lb off. It's mainly an estimate.

Yay for baby almost being here though! So exciting!
December 17th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG so many Christmas babies! This is the best Christmas ever. I can't wait to see them all! Good luck hun, hope your baby comes next week too b/c I am impatient for more pictures!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search