Back from the hospital & on bedrest...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First, I want to thank Norina for coming in here & letting everyone know what was going on. Big hugs!

Ok, now the story...we went to our peri for our bi-monthly appt & she immediately said that my cervix was short & funneling a bit when she pressed on it. She was not very happy since my last visit everything was going so well. My cervix is measuring at 2.4 which is just over a cm shorter than what it should be. She told me she was sorry but she was sending me to the hospital overnight so she could put in a cerclage on Saturday. So, off we went to St. Luke's. No problem...I was strangely calm about all this. It was like I was expecting it. Maybe that instinct or intuition warned me ahead of time. Either way, DH couldn't believe that I was so calm. We arrived at the hospital & were placed in the high risk anti-partem unit. I was monitored for contractions for about 30 minutes & was not having any. After that, it was difficult for me to get to sleep...I guess I was a bit anxious about the procedure the next morning.

Saturday morning, they came to get me for the surgery. I was wheeled off to L&D & then given litocane or what ever it is called. Boy, did that stuff make me loopy! Right after that, I had 2 breaths & was out. The next thing I knew, I was waking up...crying & asking if the babies were ok. The nurse told me everything went perfectly. I was wheeled to recovery where the nurse & I chatted for a bit while everyone was looking for my DH. Poor thing was eating breakfast & hadn't realized how quickly the surgery would take. After an hour, I was taken back to my room where they put that thing on to monitor for contractions. I was asked repeatedly if I was cramping or feeling any pressure. Honestly, this was easier than the egg retrieval was! Now that was painful!!!!

I continued to not having any cramping & hardly any bleeding all day but they kept me overnight just in case. Apparently I was a "special case" being that I was pg w/ triplets. I'm starting to get the full picture of how incredible it is to be pregnant w/ triplets. Very weird indeed. So, now I am on bed rest where I can only get up to go to the bathroom or to take a shower. Honestly, it is going to be a tough 3 mths. I have no idea what I am going to do to pass the time. If you girls have any suggestions, I would appreciate it. My peri told me to make a daily schedule so that it helps pass the time instead of just watch tv all day long. I plan on starting to knit tomorrow & will tackle that for an hr every day. I also have a Harry Potter book to finish up so I will work on that. I also like Soduko & will dig my books out again & start playing since that makes the time pass very quickly. Other than that, I need ideas!

Thank you all for your prayers! Please keep them coming. We really need these 3 to stay in my belly & bake as long as possible. Right now, my 1st goal is to get them to viability which is 24 weeks. Then I am going to make goals in increments of 4 weeks. I am praying to make it to 34, God willing. Again...all prayers are appreciated!

December 16th, 2007, 07:10 PM
mrsdismang
Oh honey you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers! I'm sorry you have to go on bed rest but at least it is for a REALLY great reason. I don't know how to knit yet but I do crochet a lot since I was forced to go on early medical leave and it is very good therapy. Lionbrand.com has a huge database of free patterns for knitting and crocheting. If you scrapbook that can be something else you do and if not you can start. I can't think of anything else though. Good luck with everything!
December 16th, 2007, 07:32 PM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
Thoughts and prayers headed your way. You have a great attitude about this all and I just know all will be just fine. As far as what to do to keep you occupied...I like to do needlework. Maybe you could start to work on Christmas stockings for them all next year??? I wasn't ahead of the game this year and didn't get Bailey's done, so she will have to wait until next year. So much harder to accomplish with a newborn...let alone 3! Hugs to you! Stay off those feet and keep us updated.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

December 16th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad to hear you are home and doing alright. I taught myself to sew when I was on bedrest with my first. A schedule of sorts will really help keep you from going totally nutso. I would go online and place holds on library books and DH would go once a week to pick them up for me. Maybe if you enjoy scrapbooking you can start making the babies books so later when you are so busy, you just have to slide the photos in. If you have friends who can visit during the day, try to set up a schedule with them. Have someone come monday, wednesday.. what ever you can work out. i really looked forward to knowing my friend was coming over on Tuesdays. Also to minimize my temptation to get up Dh would pack a cooler for me. I kept it next to the bed or couch (depending on where i was hanging out) I also had a snack tote that was a beachbag filled with fruit, pretzels nuts and other things that didnt need to be cool.

December 16th, 2007, 08:36 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
I'm so relieved everything is ok honey. The bedrest must be very frustrating, especially during the holidays, but it's for a great cause! The other ladies have given great advice for spending the time productively and I can't think of anything to add, except that I hope the time passes quickly and you get some great baby goodies out of it! I love the needlepoint Christmas stocking idea. I'll be praying for you and the babies for each and every goal.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

December 16th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What a weekend you've had! Sit tight and rest up Those babies need you're strength and energy. Enjoy the peace and quiet because before you know it...your 3 babies will be here and the peace and quiet will be forever gone!

In all seriousness...take it easy hun and bake those beautiful babies. I can only imagine how difficult the next few months will be to pass.

December 16th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
welcome back Astrid!

December 17th, 2007, 05:15 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I forgot to tell you my favorite thing to do - ENTER SWEEPSTAKES!! I wasnt able to be up and around and I felt like I wasnt contributing much to the house until I started winning stuff. Shoot me a PM if you want a tutorial on getting started. having someone point you in the right direction for where to get your online sweepstakes from, how to enter quickly and easily will really cut down on slogging through it on your own. Heck maybe you could win maid service! I won a $1200 gift card to Merry Maids 2 months after Levi was born, it was AWESOME!!

December 17th, 2007, 06:07 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you're able to be in your own home now. I bet you are so glad to be out of that hospital. That's such great news that everything went perfectly with the cerclage. I really don't have any advice about what to do while you're on bedrest. The other ladies have given you some GREAT ideas! Lots of love to you and prayers being said for you and your little bundles.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

December 17th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Astrid I am so glad that you and the babies are okay. I would be bawling if I had to be on bedrest for three months! The girls have lots of good ideas though for passing the time. I love Soduko too! There are lots of crafts you can make for the three babies. Because there are three you will have to do everything three times over. That should fill up your day...LOL!

P.S. And we are always here to help pass the time! Post away!
December 17th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Blessedx3
oh hun im sorry you had to go through all that craziness but i am so glad for the good out come! i've been on bedrest since sept, and time drags ssssoooooooooo sssllllloooowwww , but there are a few things i did besides the computer for hours a day, and crossowrd puzzles.... i did alot of scrapbooking.... LOL the first few times they were a bit shakey looking but i just wrote on the page that i was on bedrest to keep baby inside, ( the scrapbook is for little miss). the other thing that helped was that my dh would go tot he libaraaary once a week for me and check out books and dvds for me to occupy my mind. i hope that helps a little bit hun.
December 17th, 2007, 10:03 AM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
I forgot to mention my favorite game - Yahoo! Games makes a great computer Scrabble for download (cost $20). You can play another person or the "Maven", with different difficulty levels and optional hints. I'm hooked! Unfortunately it's only for PC.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

December 17th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome home! NP on the update for ya honey! You got lots of prayers coming your way from me that's for sure!!! Pass the time pming with me during the day...I have a very boring job at the moment and have A LOT of downtime. So hit me up anytime Take care of you and those little ones. Love to you all.
N~

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
December 17th, 2007, 12:37 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been on this board since my last pregnancy but I lurk a bunch. Just wanted to tell you that you and your little ones are in my prayers and I'm so glad that they're continuing to do well in there. Keep up the great work Momma! As far as what to do to pass the time, are you any good at needlework? I plan on making cross-stich Christmas stockings for my kids after the holidays when they kits will hopefully be cheaper. That would be a good way to pass your time, especially since you'd have 3 to make. Puzzles are always good too. You could put together ones that could be framed and put in the babies room(s). Hang in there, you'll all get through this!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

December 17th, 2007, 01:40 PM
TanyaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear that everything is okay! Sorry about the bedrest but whatever is best for those three miracles right!?

December 17th, 2007, 01:41 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Astrid,

I am so happy you are home ! You and the babes have been in my thoughts and will continue to be of course!
I think the girls have given you some wonderful ideas about how to keep yourself occupied while on bedrest...I'd also be asking Santa for some kind of game, like playstation or something like that...lol....
Crocheting is also pretty easy to pick up to if you are interested in that....I actually got the hang of it quickly, and I never thought I would, so thats another idea....
lots of love & prayers to you all sweetie !!!

December 17th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Spotis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Astrid -

Just wanted to send you some well wishes! Bed rest will be tough, but hang in there. We're all routing for you, Todd, and your 3 little ones! Have a wonderful holiday.

Nolan John turns 2 on 8/28/09
Thank you Jessica for the siggy!
December 18th, 2007, 06:50 AM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy to hear you're home Astrid! I can't believe you're already 19 weeks!!!It's really smart to set small goals for yourself, and the babies. I think it will make things easier for you. The girls have given some pretty good ideas on what to do to pass the time.Just keep us uspdated on how you're doing!!!
December 18th, 2007, 09:27 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes! I was out of pocket with no power for a week and look what happens! Glad all is well. The cerclage and bed rest should keep the triplets tucked in nice and cozy for a long while. I love the Christmas stocking idea. Game books, books from the library, maybe get a friend to come paint your toenails once a week? You could even learn Origami or sign language (www.aslpro.com). Praying that the babies stay put until April and that bedrest flies by for you.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
December 19th, 2007, 07:42 AM
nmacjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hi astrid! i haven't been on here in ages, but i do check in on everyone when i can. i just want to tell you that you and your precious babies are in my thoughts and prayers. i know you'll do just great! it will definitely be a Christmas to remember. get your rest now, cause it might be a couple of years till you get another chance to sleep!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search